The Era of Biden

DBTrek

Re: The Era of Biden

Post by DBTrek » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:40 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:46 am
To Martin's point ... I recently refinanced my house at the extremely low rates we saw over the summer, my mortgage is now $1400 a month. I also pay, with my wife, north of $20k in taxes every year.

Guess what happens if you send me $2000 a month, and her $2000 a month.
I quit. Fuckit, my mortgage is covered. My wife quits, we have $2600 a month between us after paying the mortgage to do whatever we want. If we need more money maybe we get some part time gigs or freelance work.
Meanwhile, your tax pool (which supposedly is funding all this) shrinks by $20k, and your national debt climbs $4k a month.

Now do that across a couple hundred million citizens.

What now?
You quit, you won't get the money. I already put that as a clause in there. It's obvious you have a hard time comprehending. I specifically said Fired, not quit... the only reason you would get the money is if you can prove your were forced out through mistreatment, etc... but in that case you would have a legal case against the company anyway.
The guy commenting on my response to Martin, and acting like I was talking to his dumb ass, says I have a hard time comprehending.
Priceless.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:16 am

I quit too.

I can grow enough food to Supplement my UBI and live really well.

I start working the grey market economy and capitalize even more.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:32 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 am
The Conservative wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:46 am
To Martin's point ... I recently refinanced my house at the extremely low rates we saw over the summer, my mortgage is now $1400 a month. I also pay, with my wife, north of $20k in taxes every year.

Guess what happens if you send me $2000 a month, and her $2000 a month.
I quit. Fuckit, my mortgage is covered. My wife quits, we have $2600 a month between us after paying the mortgage to do whatever we want. If we need more money maybe we get some part time gigs or freelance work.
Meanwhile, your tax pool (which supposedly is funding all this) shrinks by $20k, and your national debt climbs $4k a month.

Now do that across a couple hundred million citizens.

What now?
You quit, you won't get the money. I already put that as a clause in there. It's obvious you have a hard time comprehending. I specifically said Fired, not quit... the only reason you would get the money is if you can prove your were forced out through mistreatment, etc... but in that case you would have a legal case against the company anyway.
The guy commenting on my response to Martin, and acting like I was talking to his dumb ass, says I have a hard time comprehending.
Priceless.
:lol:
Then you ignored the entire conversation, but your point is moot if you follow the rules I put into place, you don't get it if you quit.

But sure, go for it, and just go ahead and ignore what I say just so you can make yourself feel better. Because I already stated a way around your hypothisis... and squashed the logic you were using to make your point.

But sure, you do you.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:12 pm

The Conservative wrote:
What about my example? I didn't quit, I just stopped renting. Let's say that's $20,000 a year in rental income. 1/3 of that is taxes which will no longer be collected. I also just reduced the supply and increased the demand for rentals, driving those prices up.

Remember, this decision to give up renting was incentivized by the government with their stimulus checks.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:31 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:12 pm
The Conservative wrote:
What about my example? I didn't quit, I just stopped renting. Let's say that's $20,000 a year in rental income. 1/3 of that is taxes which will no longer be collected. I also just reduced the supply and increased the demand for rentals, driving those prices up.

Remember, this decision to give up renting was incentivized by the government with their stimulus checks.
Can you work? Yes or no?

I already talked about this too.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm

TC, you are trying to come up with a logical solution. The elites in charge do not care for logic, need, or fairness. Anything you come up with is a non-starter because it's not coming from the elites or their elite benefactors.

I'm interested in how to work within their rigged system to my best advantage.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Not to mention that no definition of "Universal" includes "except people who quit".
So TC isn't even talking about UBI.
He's talking about "In five minutes I think I came up with a replacement for all US welfare, and it's perfect because one of the rules is nobody can break the rules".
lulz.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:43 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm
TC, you are trying to come up with a logical solution. The elites in charge do not care for logic, need, or fairness. Anything you come up with is a non-starter because it's not coming from the elites or their elite benefactors.

This.

Dissident Grey man taking care of the Family
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:20 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:06 pm
Not to mention that no definition of "Universal" includes "except people who quit".
So TC isn't even talking about UBI.
He's talking about "In five minutes I think I came up with a replacement for all US welfare, and it's perfect because one of the rules is nobody can break the rules".
lulz.
In five minutes I came up with a loose idea that works better than 90% of the shit out there now. IF we actually worked at it instead of insulting each other, we me actually come up with something worthy of being listened to.

Here is the point kiddos, you want change, stop being a fucking armchair general, each time I hear people here say "I could do better" or "That's not how it should be done." Well how about instead of flipping everyone the bird and actually doing NOTHING, you get off your collective asses and start to use your brains and come up with something.

If you don't want to do it here, I can get a discord chat room up and running in less than a minute, we could hammer out something in a month, and then get it in front of both Democrats and Republicans in the congress, as well as throw it into the face of the media, and see where it takes off.

If you guys keep on saying "I'll prepare with my guns" when you have a chance to actually come up with some ideas... you are no better than those people in congress. A whole bunch on do nothing assholes.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:22 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Then do nothing, ride the wave and crash on the rocks when you get hit with reality.
#NotOneRedCent