The Era of Biden

Smitty-48

Re: The Era of Biden

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:13 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:42 am

We already have a military capacity greater than the next 3 nations combined. In what scenario could we possibly need a first use of nukes?
no, you only spend three times as much printed money as the next three nations combined

the mistaken assumption is that it makes you three times more capable

this is not the case however

most of the money is wasted, it does not deliver more combat power

the US military is becoming a giant version of the Canadian Forces, an Exquisitely Irrelevant Boutique Military

"No First Use" is classic Canadian leftist preformative virtue signalling, just like "Peacekeeping"

both are prone to inciting quagmires, and with nuclear weapons, quagmires are existential
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:32 am

the poster child for US military Exquisite Irrelevance is the DDG-1000 Zumwalt Class Destroyers

$22 billion for just three ships which are actually completely useless

this is only going to become more extreme as we go

the Pentagon will spend exponential amounts of money on useless junk

at which point, nuclear weapons will be the only thing left which actually work

a performative virtue signalling nuclear weapons policy will then undermine America's last line of deterrence
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:29 pm

I had the most bizarre phonecall today. To begin, I don't talk on the phone, ever; got something like 20K minutes saved up; but I answered because it was a guy I've known for 40+ years; was at all my kids weddings, ditto his. I haven't heard from him in a while because his wife is a Covidian; I thought that was why anyway. It's important to note that he used to be a Republican and knew I supported Trump. So I answered the phone and he tells me how well his 401K is doing. I thought it was kind of strange but he had some cover story about using it to buy a house but knew he would be penalized 35% (the taxes) if he did, and supposedly wanted to know my opinion; he specifically said, "Dr. Martin D. Hash, Esq." I thought he was just kidding with the title, and gave him advice to borrow the money instead, which he already knew. He kept going on about his 401K. Okay, I thought, whatever? Turns out, it was a TDS thing: he was bragging how much he was making because Biden is president. Then he says, "I have one more question for you: what kind of lube should I use to fuck Trump in the ass?"

This SOB exploited his longtime friendship with me for weird TDS purposes, and actually believes this economy is booming with no catastrophe coming. He used to be sane. It's truly fucking crazy out there!

p.s. I told him I don't use lube.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Just remember to ask him about the 401k next time, and ask if you should give old Joe a reach-around.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:49 pm

For some reason people with TDS *love* doing stuff like that.
My neighbor (semi-retired arborist, I've gotten him to help with some trees over the years) knows we disagree politically - I make a point to never bring up politics around him, but boy he loves bringing it up especially over Trump... I was pointing out some tree work I need done to him last year, and out of the blue he's ragging on Trump for something, and y'know it's like I want to talk "business" (tree work) not politics.

I very much try to never bring up politics around him, because I can pretty much tell you his every political thought - turn on CNN or NBC news for 30minutes and you'll know his views on everything. I don't think he gets that I avoid him most of the time *because* he can't shut up about his TDS.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:16 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:29 pm
I had the most bizarre phonecall today. To begin, I don't talk on the phone, ever; got something like 20K minutes saved up; but I answered because it was a guy I've known for 40+ years; was at all my kids weddings, ditto his. I haven't heard from him in a while because his wife is a Covidian; I thought that was why anyway. It's important to note that he used to be a Republican and knew I supported Trump. So I answered the phone and he tells me how well his 401K is doing. I thought it was kind of strange but he had some cover story about using it to buy a house but knew he would be penalized 35% (the taxes) if he did, and supposedly wanted to know my opinion; he specifically said, "Dr. Martin D. Hash, Esq." I thought he was just kidding with the title, and gave him advice to borrow the money instead, which he already knew. He kept going on about his 401K. Okay, I thought, whatever? Turns out, it was a TDS thing: he was bragging how much he was making because Biden is president. Then he says, "I have one more question for you: what kind of lube should I use to fuck Trump in the ass?"

This SOB exploited his longtime friendship with me for weird TDS purposes, and actually believes this economy is booming with no catastrophe coming. He used to be sane. It's truly fucking crazy out there!

p.s. I told him I don't use lube.
Hope his 401k is doing great and his grandson's transition surgery goes well.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:53 am

Modern Leftism is based solely on Hatred and Vengeance.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:39 pm

White House backtracks after Biden calls border situation a 'crisis'

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics ... index.html
The White House on Monday backtracked after President Joe Biden over the weekend described the influx of migrant children on the country's southern border as a "crisis," in what appeared to be a notable shift in language.
Read the title carefully... the White House backtracks after Biden calls the border situation a "crisis"...?!

Who the hell is in charge?

So basically the Biden administration doesn't agree with Biden on what Biden said in public?
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm really curious as to what other world leaders think of this privately. They know Biden is an incompetent figurehead. They also know Kamala is a pawn.

I'm sure the better intel agencies like Britain, Russia and Israel know who's really running stuff.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:16 pm

If anything, it's truly being run 'like a business' now. Just like a corporation.

The diversity committee dictates financial policy, executives are just managers in suits, biding time until their pension/K-street job offers.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0