The Era of Biden

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: The Era of Biden

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:42 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:00 pm
There isn't really a way to respond to attacks on my character and honesty, so I'll just say I think it is useful to pay attention to victories as well as defeats.

This place has become very defeatist.
There you go: dismissing Smitty’s expertise and inserting your own. Was Solzhenitsyn a “defeatist”?
Are any of us in gulags?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:20 pm
The best we can do is refuse to lie for either side.
I haven't encountered a need to take any position at all

in effect, life has been a wealth transfer from the young to me, the future has been paying for my lifestyle

but the young people vote for it, they are voting for the very intervention which cuts their own throats

can't save them from themselves, best I can do is say; cha-ching, thank you, come again
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:42 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:00 pm
There isn't really a way to respond to attacks on my character and honesty, so I'll just say I think it is useful to pay attention to victories as well as defeats.

This place has become very defeatist.
There you go: dismissing Smitty’s expertise and inserting your own. Was Solzhenitsyn a “defeatist”?
Are any of us in gulags?
“Gulag” is Russian for re-education. This forum has escaped but most of the rest of the internet has indeed been subjugated.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

in effect, life has been a wealth transfer from the young to me, the future has been paying for my lifestyle

but the young people vote for it, they are voting for the very intervention which cuts their own throats

can't save them from themselves, best I can do is say; cha-ching, thank you, come again
You don’t seem to be propagating any lies in that honest synopsis. If you said anything else, that would be a lie.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:08 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:56 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

Are any of us in gulags?
“Gulag” is Russian for re-education camp. This forum has escaped but most of the rest of the internet has indeed been subjugated.
Comparing the rest of the internet to a re-education camp in order to compare oneself to Solzhenitsyn is a bit fucking much.

Solzhenitsyn wasn't defeatist. He was defeated. He was clapped in irons and locked in a prison camp by his government. Acting like we are in his place because we are mobbed on twitter for being too edgy is - to borrow from Lukianoff and Haidt - catastrophizing.

Every time someone is cancelled, they talk about how they know that other people agree with them but are afraid to speak up. They aren't, of course, afraid the secret police are going to come to their house and disappear them, or throw their families in jail. They are afraid they will lose their jobs - and that is a valid fear, but we aren't in the Gulag Archipelago yet.

Being afraid because we are pretending we are is a sure way to get there though.

Abandoning civility to make some point about who is a normie, or who has been propagandized, won't help us avoid an actual totalitarian PC regime either.

Anyway, you have successfully insulted me into losing a bit of my temper, so I've got to wrap it up.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:31 pm

I mean, it is a bit hyperbolic, but you can’t escape the similarities.

Maybe we’re more like a huddled group of kulaks hoping the madness passes us by. Or perhaps we’re simply seeing another convulsion before Final Collapse. But madness is most certainly afoot.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

You don’t seem to be propagating any lies in that honest synopsis. If you said anything else, that would be a lie.
in half a century I have yet to suffer a single significant defeat

simply pointing out that the brainwashed youth are about the pull the roof in on themselves is not defeatist

that's just general health & safety,

move back from the blast area, watch for falling debris

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:31 pm
I mean, it is a bit hyperbolic, but you can’t escape the similarities.

Maybe we’re more like a huddled group of kulaks hoping the madness passes us by. Or perhaps we’re simply seeing another convulsion before Final Collapse. But madness is most certainly afoot.
this is more like Perestroika

this is more like Russia in the 1980's

it's not GULAG, it's bread lines, it's not Stalin, it's Gorbachev
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:55 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:08 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Are any of us in gulags?
“Gulag” is Russian for re-education camp. This forum has escaped but most of the rest of the internet has indeed been subjugated.
Comparing the rest of the internet to a re-education camp in order to compare oneself to Solzhenitsyn is a bit fucking much.

Solzhenitsyn wasn't defeatist. He was defeated. He was clapped in irons and locked in a prison camp by his government. Acting like we are in his place because we are mobbed on twitter for being too edgy is - to borrow from Lukianoff and Haidt - catastrophizing.

Every time someone is cancelled, they talk about how they know that other people agree with them but are afraid to speak up. They aren't, of course, afraid the secret police are going to come to their house and disappear them, or throw their families in jail. They are afraid they will lose their jobs - and that is a valid fear, but we aren't in the Gulag Archipelago yet.

Being afraid because we are pretending we are is a sure way to get there though.

Abandoning civility to make some point about who is a normie, or who has been propagandized, won't help us avoid an actual totalitarian PC regime either.

Anyway, you have successfully insulted me into losing a bit of my temper, so I've got to wrap it up.
Yeah, I know, I’m such a drama queen. Fuck you mutterfukker.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:58 pm

I’m so tired of disingenuous fuckheads. I’ve written 3 times in the last few hours that we have lost the battle from American liberty to European liberty, but that son-of-a-bitch Stawmans me anyway.