The Era of Biden

PartyOf5

Re: The Era of Biden

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:14 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:09 am
I’ll be voting against any/all incumbents this year, as always. The only way to change anything.
Change <> improvement

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:25 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:14 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:09 am
I’ll be voting against any/all incumbents this year, as always. The only way to change anything.
Change <> improvement
True, but without change, there’s no chance of improvement.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:30 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:24 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 am
I just don't see the enthusiastic pushback by the GOP against the Dems, especially from GOP leadership. The GOP was more active resisting Trump than they have been resisting Brandon.
A select few have been outspoken while the rest have just sat back in the shadows/swamp. I don't trust any of them anymore. Not voting 2022, and only voting for Trump in 2024. The rest are swamp creatures that can burn for all I care.
Please vote, not voting won't solve anything. It is the absolute worst thing you can do. The only way we can change things politically is by being politically active. If you are not voting you are not politically active. By not be politically active, you have already lost, and there is no hope for change. That is exactly what the establishment wants. They want you to be disillusioned so you don't vote for anyone who would challenge them for power.

Instead of not voting, you should vote in the primaries to try and get a non-establishment as the GOP candidate. If that fails vote for a 3rd party candidate, even if you do not particularly like that candidate it is the best way to subvert the establishment. If everyone who thought like you voted third party, there would be too many third party votes to ignore. If nothing else, if you can't bring yourself to vote third party, voting for a do nothing GOP candidate will still be better than letting a Dem win. I would rather have a Congress full of GOP do nothings than a Congress full of Dems. With the do nothings, at least you know they won't make things worse while we try to find better candidates.

No vote at all will just keep the establishment in power, it is what they want you to do.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:45 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
I just don't see the enthusiastic pushback by the GOP against the Dems, especially from GOP leadership. The GOP was more active resisting Trump than they have been resisting Brandon.
A select few have been outspoken while the rest have just sat back in the shadows/swamp. I don't trust any of them anymore. Not voting 2022, and only voting for Trump in 2024. The rest are swamp creatures that can burn for all I care.
Do that and you'll see more of the same.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 am

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:30 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Please vote, not voting won't solve anything. It is the absolute worst thing you can do. The only way we can change things politically is by being politically active. If you are not voting you are not politically active. By not be politically active, you have already lost, and there is no hope for change. That is exactly what the establishment wants. They want you to be disillusioned so you don't vote for anyone who would challenge them for power.

Instead of not voting, you should vote in the primaries to try and get a non-establishment as the GOP candidate. If that fails vote for a 3rd party candidate, even if you do not particularly like that candidate it is the best way to subvert the establishment. If everyone who thought like you voted third party, there would be too many third party votes to ignore. If nothing else, if you can't bring yourself to vote third party, voting for a do nothing GOP candidate will still be better than letting a Dem win. I would rather have a Congress full of GOP do nothings than a Congress full of Dems. With the do nothings, at least you know they won't make things worse while we try to find better candidates.

No vote at all will just keep the establishment in power, it is what they want you to do.
I don’t think that’s true. The establishment desperately needs voters, to maintain a veneer of legitimacy. They fund all the commercials begging us to vote, and slamming opponents. If they didn’t want voters, that wouldn’t exist.

What they care about is keeping people divided into red v blue. Straight ticket voters are the basis of their power.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:08 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 am
I don’t think that’s true. The establishment desperately needs voters, to maintain a veneer of legitimacy. They fund all the commercials begging us to vote, and slamming opponents. If they didn’t want voters, that wouldn’t exist.

What they care about is keeping people divided into red v blue. Straight ticket voters are the basis of their power.
No, they need mindless voters. That is why voting campaigns rarely, if ever, encourage voters to inform themselves. They are always shallow, "Get Out and Vote" campaigns that focus solely on getting uninformed voters to vote. They do not want informed voters like us to vote, because we represent a challenge to their authority. That is why you never see any campaigns to help or encourage informed voting. Informed voters are more likely to vote for a non-establishment candidate.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:08 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

No, they need mindless voters. That is why voting campaigns rarely, if ever, encourage voters to inform themselves. They are always shallow, "Get Out and Vote" campaigns that focus solely on getting uninformed voters to vote. They do not want informed voters like us to vote, because we represent a challenge to their authority. That is why you never see any campaigns to help or encourage informed voting. Informed voters are more likely to vote for a non-establishment candidate.
I'm split on this. I see both sides of the debate. I will likely continue to vote, but where I am is I am asking harder questions of candidates, especially local where you might get a response.

I've come to the conclusion that we need to focus less on national elections, and more on local. We need to drive out the Commie down the road first. We know we are about half the population. If we focus on going through every local position and really vet candidates, and demand Constitutional candidates we can make some ground. Now we may not be able to change DC and the forever managerial class, but COVID has shown us that if you have good local leadership, you can avoid a lot of the pain felt by others.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:58 pm

TheOneX wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

We’re saying the same thing brother.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 pm
TheOneX wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I'm split on this. I see both sides of the debate. I will likely continue to vote, but where I am is I am asking harder questions of candidates, especially local where you might get a response.

I've come to the conclusion that we need to focus less on national elections, and more on local. We need to drive out the Commie down the road first. We know we are about half the population. If we focus on going through every local position and really vet candidates, and demand Constitutional candidates we can make some ground. Now we may not be able to change DC and the forever managerial class, but COVID has shown us that if you have good local leadership, you can avoid a lot of the pain felt by others.
I agree, local elections are the way to go. Building from the bottom up usually is more effective than from the top down.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:31 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:40 pm

I agree, local elections are the way to go. Building from the bottom up usually is more effective than from the top down.
Looking for Trump or another MAGA candidate to do the top down approach should be the last thing we want. We don't want a strong central government. We want strong county governments, sherriffs and governors sticking up for the Constitution.

If Covid has proven anything, if you have a solid local government, you can kind of tell Washington DC to piss off. Not totally, but to a large extent.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience