Black History Month 2021

Xenophon

Re: Black History Month 2021

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 am

https://nypost.com/2021/02/20/nyc-educa ... da-salute/
A veteran Bronx superintendent once praised by Chancellor Richard Carranza for her successes in the classroom claims her career was derailed by his “equity” agenda — forcing her to take a demotion in a desperate bid to preserve her pension, according to a $150 million lawsuit.

Ames was grilled about her “ethnic background,” chastised by a colleague at a training session when she shared her grandparents’ experience during the Holocaust in Poland, and “admonished” when she declined requests at superintendents meetings to take part in the comic book movie-inspired “Wakanda Forever” salute to “black power,” she charges in the legal filing.
This makes me very sad. Not the problems she's facing, or the fact that her Holocaust poasting didn't get her any sympathy, but that our culture has degenerated to the point where grown adults are doing comic book shit unironically like a bunch of 4th graders.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 am

The adult world is getting more and more juvenile all the time. I don't see much of it in my work yet, but I know people who are seeing it more and more.

I'm guessing that there are people that thing Wakanda is a real place. BTW, the Black Panther movies wasn't very good, it was OK. But I'm fine never seeing it again.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:24 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 am
The adult world is getting more and more juvenile all the time. I don't see much of it in my work yet, but I know people who are seeing it more and more.

I'm guessing that there are people that thing Wakanda is a real place. BTW, the Black Panther movies wasn't very good, it was OK. But I'm fine never seeing it again.
I feel great turmoil within my soul when I watch these movies. Almost every time I go see them, I think about the people who build their identities off of their Marvel fandom. They see the action scenes in the movies, and take moral lessons from the characters inside them. They erect these idols, and worship them as though real life can be navigated through the lens of comic book morality.

I feel like I'm in exile. The culture I've internalized is gone, and basically dead.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:24 am
C-Mag wrote:

I feel great turmoil within my soul when I watch these movies. Almost every time I go see them, I think about the people who build their identities off of their Marvel fandom. They see the action scenes in the movies, and take moral lessons from the characters inside them. They erect these idols, and worship them as though real life can be navigated through the lens of comic book morality.

I feel like I'm in exile. The culture I've internalized is gone, and basically dead.
It's very strange to watch your own culture commit suicide. I'm sure plenty of othe nations are laughing at us. As I was saying before, we lower the bar for the people they've designated to takeover. Our culture was built on achievement of great men, against great obstacles. Their culture is being built on a comic book fantasy. That shit can't be sustained.
PLATA O PLOMO

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am
Xenophon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

It's very strange to watch your own culture commit suicide. I'm sure plenty of othe nations are laughing at us. As I was saying before, we lower the bar for the people they've designated to takeover. Our culture was built on achievement of great men, against great obstacles. Their culture is being built on a comic book fantasy. That shit can't be sustained.
I legitimately can no longer enjoy any part of Post-Modern America.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am

A good piece on being a dissident
Understanding and Embracing the Role of the 21st-Century American Dissident
https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/unders ... dissident/
What exactly should we do in our role as dissidents?

Let’s break Western Civilization into two segments, secular and religious, and ask this question: Who was the most important dissident in history? In each segment, I believe we can come up with a clear winner: Socrates and Jesus Christ, respectively.

Socrates planted a flag in the ground for reason and rational thought. He built his intellectual “church” upon the rock of Plato, the philosopher to whom other philosophers say all must answer. Every advancement in Western Civilization, whether in agreement or not with the Ancient Greeks, is somehow derivative of what Socrates started.

As for Jesus Christ, there is hardly a need to defend this choice. To the extent that Judaism preceded Him and launched Him, He transcended it. As for other religions of the world that already existed, He surpassed them. As for religions that came after, they were in answer to Him. He built His church upon the rock that was Peter, and the world has never been the same.

These two great dissidents had two things in common. First, they were both killed, dramatically and tragically, as thanks for their efforts. Second, and more lastingly, they both embraced a method of teaching that caused them to last eternally and grow in influence:

They asked questions.”
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am
A good piece on being a dissident
Understanding and Embracing the Role of the 21st-Century American Dissident
https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/unders ... dissident/
What exactly should we do in our role as dissidents?

Let’s break Western Civilization into two segments, secular and religious, and ask this question: Who was the most important dissident in history? In each segment, I believe we can come up with a clear winner: Socrates and Jesus Christ, respectively.

Socrates planted a flag in the ground for reason and rational thought. He built his intellectual “church” upon the rock of Plato, the philosopher to whom other philosophers say all must answer. Every advancement in Western Civilization, whether in agreement or not with the Ancient Greeks, is somehow derivative of what Socrates started.

As for Jesus Christ, there is hardly a need to defend this choice. To the extent that Judaism preceded Him and launched Him, He transcended it. As for other religions of the world that already existed, He surpassed them. As for religions that came after, they were in answer to Him. He built His church upon the rock that was Peter, and the world has never been the same.

These two great dissidents had two things in common. First, they were both killed, dramatically and tragically, as thanks for their efforts. Second, and more lastingly, they both embraced a method of teaching that caused them to last eternally and grow in influence:

They asked questions.”
Everybody in this forum should know Aristotelian philosophy was overthrown by the Enlightenment: Bacon, Locke, Newton, Jefferson. Liberty & Science are our pole, with Theocracy & Egalitarianism on the other.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am
Xenophon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

It's not strange, it's sad... we have allowed at least two generations of sheep and lemmings to grow up to become "adults" now we are seeing what they can do... and it's not pretty.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:16 am

At least Coca-Cola is honest with it's Black History Month.
"Be less white"

That's what it's about. Good of them to finally had the balls to say it.

Because if it wasn't all about divide and conquer along racial lines by exploiting racial animus - blacks would just be part of the other 11 "American History" months.

But you can't vilify an entire demographic with American History month, so ...
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 am
https://nypost.com/2021/02/20/nyc-educa ... da-salute/
A veteran Bronx superintendent once praised by Chancellor Richard Carranza for her successes in the classroom claims her career was derailed by his “equity” agenda — forcing her to take a demotion in a desperate bid to preserve her pension, according to a $150 million lawsuit.

Ames was grilled about her “ethnic background,” chastised by a colleague at a training session when she shared her grandparents’ experience during the Holocaust in Poland, and “admonished” when she declined requests at superintendents meetings to take part in the comic book movie-inspired “Wakanda Forever” salute to “black power,” she charges in the legal filing.
This makes me very sad. Not the problems she's facing, or the fact that her Holocaust poasting didn't get her any sympathy, but that our culture has degenerated to the point where grown adults are doing comic book shit unironically like a bunch of 4th graders.
O believe that. We are well past the point of no return. There's no brakes to the clown show.
The good, the true, & the beautiful