Black History Month 2021

The Conservative

Re: Black History Month 2021

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:29 pm
Ph64 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:40 pm
^ let's be honest, at the rate they're killing each other, aborting their babies, etc, they're genocideing themselves.
Nobody else needs to do anything but not interfere, and they don't want us interfering anyways?
I see this stuff and can only think of Jordan Petersen talking about how the US military won't enlist anyone with an IQ below 83. The IQ needed to operate and be productive in 21st C society.

Then StA posting the average IQs of people around the globe. The US averaging right at 100, with Africa averaging around 70.
If we broke it down to race, I wonder where it would be at...
#NotOneRedCent

Speakswiththumbs

Post by Speakswiththumbs » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm

Last edited by Speakswiththumbs on Sun May 01, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:31 pm

IT is different because they don’t play the affirmative action game. There are vanishingly few black people, but the ones that I’ve worked with are absolutely brilliant.

In this industry, Indians are the slave labor. They aren’t paid to be smart, just take orders.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:41 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:31 pm
IT is different because they don’t play the affirmative action game. There are vanishingly few black people, but the ones that I’ve worked with are absolutely brilliant.

In this industry, Indians are the slave labor. They aren’t paid to be smart, just take orders.
Not in my career... I've seen affirmative action take hold so hard that people who are qualified have been passed over so many times for a person of color, or a specific gender. It was said as such after the fact as well... "We needed to diversify", or some bullshit...

No field or entity is immune to the leftist bullshit.

Most people of "color" that I have seen go through the IT gristle mill, tend to be spat out as soulless husks of people because they aren't able to do the job they were hired to do. Indians especially.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:41 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Most people that I have seen go through the IT gristle mill, tend to be spat out as soulless husks because they aren't Allowed to do the job they were hired to do.
FIFY
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:41 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Most people that I have seen go through the IT gristle mill, tend to be spat out as soulless husks because they aren't Allowed to do the job they were hired to do.
FIFY
No, I was right... they aren't able to do the job they are hired to do... I've only seen one to two cases in where they weren't allowed to do their job... in most cases, they hang themselves with the rope that they made themselves because they are incompetent twats. H1B visas recipients are a joke, and most people who come over are great at taking tests but are clueless when they are in the real-world environment.
Last edited by The Conservative on Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm

Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm
It did, on that map, in the US.

83 was the average. White was 105. 22pt difference. Note that 85 used to be the definition of "retarded", at least until they changed it down to 70-75 because it was upsetting too many dumb people. Can't have that, so the science needs to change.

Good jobs require at least 100 I'd guess, maybe 95 would cut it, I doubt 83 would. Really good jobs, the sort that are bigly income in the 6-figure range probably require 115+ IQs at a minimum. Black people are mostly locked out of these on intellect alone.

Then there's the far harder to discern and quantify non-intelligence issues of mental difference between races. Personality sorts of differences or less obvious aspects of intelligence. IQ tests and SATs are pretty simplistic. We just don't have the science to understand the whole complexity of the human mind at this level yet.

What if black people are less disciplined than other races, how can you quantify that, and who's paying for that study? I wouldn't be the first person to note that black colleagues struggle far more with basic discipline on average. That can have a huge impact on employability. Certainly much of it is culture, but I wonder about the unknowns regarding genetics there as well. Perhaps East Asians aren't just more collectivist and disciplined due to culture; perhaps white people aren't more open and individualistic just due to culture; perhaps those cultures are as much a product of subtle genetic differences over millennia rather than being the root of it all.

I'm in the trades, which doesn't have a terribly high IQ requirement to get in (though mine, electrical, is one of the most demanding there). There's some black workers who are every bit as capable, but with our affirmative action in my union, there's a lot that clearly would never have made the cut without that boost. Can't add basic fractions, struggle with basic discipline, do the goddamned dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life. Sure, some white guys do dumb/lazy shit too, but it's like 10-20% there versus like 40-60% in the other group. We had 3 black guys in my apprentice group. Only one made it. The other two, clearly, from day 1 were on a hope and prayer. Guess they should've spent more time at church. Nice enough guys, but had a whole host of issues that no amount of policy would fix.

Can't imagine what it's like in finance and software development. I'm fairly convinced these are overwhelmingly white/Asian/male professions for more reasons than just "muh rasisms"

I'll note that the above chart is a bit dated, obviously, and the gap has closed a bit since. I'm interested if anyone can dig up more recent research. It's hotly debated, of course.

That “curve” is not where the argument in honest academic circles is - the debate centers on the causes - whether it is more the effect of genetics or environment. There has been a lot of research kept under wraps as of late on genes and intelligence - someone knows the answer I suspect, but probably won’t be releasing it anytime soon. Many people (including whites) will not like finding out where they land. There’s also many ethical issues - genes can be widely manipulated by environmental factors and/or be overcome by hard work. For those reasons - your best not making assumptions on genetics alone - for now.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:50 pm

If you want to reopen the can ‘O worms - post the male female IQ graphs :shhh:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm
Speakswiththumbs wrote:

83 was the average. White was 105. 22pt difference. Note that 85 used to be the definition of "retarded", at least until they changed it down to 70-75 because it was upsetting too many dumb people. Can't have that, so the science needs to change.

Good jobs require at least 100 I'd guess, maybe 95 would cut it, I doubt 83 would. Really good jobs, the sort that are bigly income in the 6-figure range probably require 115+ IQs at a minimum. Black people are mostly locked out of these on intellect alone.

Then there's the far harder to discern and quantify non-intelligence issues of mental difference between races. Personality sorts of differences or less obvious aspects of intelligence. IQ tests and SATs are pretty simplistic. We just don't have the science to understand the whole complexity of the human mind at this level yet.

What if black people are less disciplined than other races, how can you quantify that, and who's paying for that study? I wouldn't be the first person to note that black colleagues struggle far more with basic discipline on average. That can have a huge impact on employability. Certainly much of it is culture, but I wonder about the unknowns regarding genetics there as well. Perhaps East Asians aren't just more collectivist and disciplined due to culture; perhaps white people aren't more open and individualistic just due to culture; perhaps those cultures are as much a product of subtle genetic differences over millennia rather than being the root of it all.

I'm in the trades, which doesn't have a terribly high IQ requirement to get in (though mine, electrical, is one of the most demanding there). There's some black workers who are every bit as capable, but with our affirmative action in my union, there's a lot that clearly would never have made the cut without that boost. Can't add basic fractions, struggle with basic discipline, do the goddamned dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life. Sure, some white guys do dumb/lazy shit too, but it's like 10-20% there versus like 40-60% in the other group. We had 3 black guys in my apprentice group. Only one made it. The other two, clearly, from day 1 were on a hope and prayer. Guess they should've spent more time at church. Nice enough guys, but had a whole host of issues that no amount of policy would fix.

Can't imagine what it's like in finance and software development. I'm fairly convinced these are overwhelmingly white/Asian/male professions for more reasons than just "muh rasisms"

I'll note that the above chart is a bit dated, obviously, and the gap has closed a bit since. I'm interested if anyone can dig up more recent research. It's hotly debated, of course.

That “curve” is not where the argument in honest academic circles is - the debate centers on the causes - whether it is more the effect of genetics or environment. There has been a lot of research kept under wraps as of late on genes and intelligence - someone knows the answer I suspect, but probably won’t be releasing it anytime soon. Many people (including whites) will not like finding out where they land. There’s also many ethical issues - genes can be widely manipulated by environmental factors and/or be overcome by hard work. For those reasons - your best not making assumptions on genetics alone - for now.
The race of a person is not the same as genetic traits...
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:55 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:52 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm
Speakswiththumbs wrote:

The race of a person is not the same as genetic traits...

Wrf are you talking about? Race by definition is a category of similar genetic traits.