The 1/3 Compromise

kybkh

The 1/3 Compromise

Post by kybkh » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:37 am

A lot is said about the sweeping, systemic changes the Left may bring in these next 2 years. However, I suggest they should consider having 1/3 of the population totally disenfranchised before moving forward.

Legal or not, making new states, adding judges or any of the other looney lefty ideas they are looking to push will make the government despotic and illegitimate to as much as a 1/3 of the population. The left may think that everyone will go along peacefully but I doubt that to be true. The benefits they may feel society gains from a total rejiggering of the rules of the game, would likely be outweighed by the losses occurred from having a large portion of society feeling prosecuted and suppressed.

Unintended consequences lie on the horizon and my guess is they will not be positive.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

The Conservative

Re: The 1/3 Compromise

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 am

kybkh wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:37 am
A lot is said about the sweeping, systemic changes the Left may bring in these next 2 years. However, I suggest they should consider having 1/3 of the population totally disenfranchised before moving forward.

Legal or not, making new states, adding judges or any of the other looney lefty ideas they are looking to push will make the government despotic and illegitimate to as much as a 1/3 of the population. The left may think that everyone will go along peacefully but I doubt that to be true. The benefits they may feel society gains from a total rejiggering of the rules of the game, would likely be outweighed by the losses occurred from having a large portion of society feeling prosecuted and suppressed.

Unintended consequences lie on the horizon and my guess is they will not be positive.
Should have 1/3 of the population, what do you think this last election cycle was?
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:10 am

You can't say "1/3" or any number because it's apples & oranges; there are those who are propagandized and those that are not; who knows what their true feelings are? I've said many times that I have sane, intelligent friends who have been NPCed. They deny it; claim I'm the radical; yeah, in this day & age, thinking for myself is radical.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am

Good point. People like Tulsi and Glen Greenwald are definitely not NPCs and see the dangerous road we are on.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am
Good point. People like Tulsi and Glen Greenwald are definitely not NPCs and see the dangerous road we are on.
They see, but are they willing to do anything?
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 am

C-Mag wrote:
Except Tulsi is dangerous to the 2nd amendment too. I do hope that she takes a run at either Hirono's seat or our Governor's. Both are just horrible.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:55 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am
C-Mag wrote:

What are any of us willing to do. ?

I dont know how to answer that ? But I know we cant wait for a savior to appear, and expect someone else to do it for us.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:55 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am
C-Mag wrote:

What are any of us willing to do. ?

I dont know how to answer that ? But I know we cant wait for a savior to appear, and expect someone else to do it for us.
I've already stated what I am doing... I'm actually emptying out my basement to make space for the stuff I need.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:10 am
You can't say "1/3" or any number because it's apples & oranges; there are those who are propagandized and those that are not; who knows what their true feelings are? I've said many times that I have sane, intelligent friends who have been NPCed. They deny it; claim I'm the radical; yeah, in this day & age, thinking for myself is radical.
Anything to the right of Dennis Kucinich is radical these days.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Standing by to watch the world burn. Just stay the fuck outta my yard.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0