Parler

kybkh

Re: Parler

Post by kybkh » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:44 pm

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:47 pm

The Conservative wrote: Castle Doctrine, look up which states have it, and you'll see states that will have a good chance of being on your side if the government tries to pull that shit.

California actually has really good castle doctrine laws, and in many counties it is rather easy to get a ccw. I think this is a poor metric for determining if the government will be on your side.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:46 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:47 pm
The Conservative wrote: Castle Doctrine, look up which states have it, and you'll see states that will have a good chance of being on your side if the government tries to pull that shit.

California actually has really good castle doctrine laws, and in many counties it is rather easy to get a ccw. I think this is a poor metric for determining if the government will be on your side.
California has castle doctrine by judicial fiat... you get the wrong judge or jury and even if you are justified in protecting your home, you can be found guilty... especially in such as soy state as CA.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:53 pm

§ Penal Code 198.5:
Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.
Daluiso v. Boone, 71 Cal.2d 484
"It is urged that the owner of real estate has a right to enter upon and enjoy his own property. Undoubtedly, if he can do so without a forcible disturbance of the possession of another; but the peace and good order of society require that he shall not be permitted to enter against the will of the occupant, and hence the common law right to use all necessary force has been taken away. He may be wrongfully kept out of possession, but he cannot be permitted to take the law into his own hands and redress his own wrongs. The remedy must be sought through those peaceful agencies which a civilized community provides for all its members
#NotOneRedCent

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:35 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:46 pm
California has castle doctrine by judicial fiat.
This isn't true.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Having laws on the books doesn't prevent you from getting arrested and jeopardizing you career and family. As I said, castle doctrine laws don't necessarily mean you're safe.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Daluiso v. Boone. Uh, okay? This has nothing to do with guns and shooting people that try to attack you on your property.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:45 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:35 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:46 pm
California has castle doctrine by judicial fiat.
This isn't true.
California has a Stand-your-ground by judicial decision or jury instruction. So yes, it is.
#NotOneRedCent

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:52 pm

A judge doesn't just make decrees. There have been a ton of Californians that have successfully invoked the castle doctrine after using deadly force to protect both themselves and their property.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:52 pm

A judge doesn't just make decrees. There have been a ton of Californians that have successfully invoked the castle doctrine after using deadly force to protect both themselves and their property.
I am telling you what California is, is a trial by judge or jury, which means it's judicial fiat. You get a judge that doesn't like you or whatever, we have seen in the past that judges overstepping their bounds. Hell Massachusetts is notorious for that, so is the 8th District Federal Appeals court on CA. The most overturned judicial body in the US I believe.

So sorry, but the way CA is now, I don't trust the CA judicial system... hell I don't trust any judicial system from CA, or any system for that matter.
#NotOneRedCent