Dark Days Ahead

DBTrek

Re: Dark Days Ahead

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 am

TC warned us about this so long ago ... but none of us could read cuneiform, so we missed it.
Damn.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am

Here's something else I stumbled upon that may be worth consideration. I was recently gifted a cool old how-to book that was printed in 1988. This guy:

It's like a how-to encyclopedia on an extremely wide range of topics. Pretty useless in the era of the internet, right - when we can just Google whatever we want to know. Well ... that might have been true, back when there was no pervasive socio-political bias largely in control of "the internet", but not now. Now we're seeing the typical leftist memory-holing of people and events, along with their Marxist spin being applied to every subject imaginable.

But guess what their nasty little claws aren't able to touch yet ... that's right, old books. Books that were written in a factual, straight-forward manner, with no concern as to how lefties could misconstrue the messaging to vilify the publisher.

So, if there are some particular truths or knowledge you'd like to preserve for future generations - might be worth your time to pick up an old book on the subject. That way, when the internet and the rest of brainless society is telling you up is down, blue is red, hot is cold, etc - you can simply refer to your pre-Marxist takeover text and be like "Nah son, I disagree".

.. at which point they'll call any book published before 2008 "racist" and "systemically white supremacist" ... but the fact that a counter-signal exists in these old texts will probably drive them to mass book burning eventually.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 am

I’ve definitely been considering getting some field manuals or something, just to have them. There are way too many to pick a good one though.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:17 am

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am
Here's something else I stumbled upon that may be worth consideration. I was recently gifted a cool old how-to book that was printed in 1988. This guy:

It's like a how-to encyclopedia on an extremely wide range of topics. Pretty useless in the era of the internet, right - when we can just Google whatever we want to know. Well ... that might have been true, back when there was no pervasive socio-political bias largely in control of "the internet", but not now. Now we're seeing the typical leftist memory-holing of people and events, along with their Marxist spin being applied to every subject imaginable.

But guess what their nasty little claws aren't able to touch yet ... that's right, old books. Books that were written in a factual, straight-forward manner, with no concern as to how lefties could misconstrue the messaging to vilify the publisher.

So, if there are some particular truths or knowledge you'd like to preserve for future generations - might be worth your time to pick up an old book on the subject. That way, when the internet and the rest of brainless society is telling you up is down, blue is red, hot is cold, etc - you can simply refer to your pre-Marxist takeover text and be like "Nah son, I disagree".

.. at which point they'll call any book published before 2008 "racist" and "systemically white supremacist" ... but the fact that a counter-signal exists in these old texts will probably drive them to mass book burning eventually.
Insightful observation; yes, there is a very real threat of book burning. Books may even have a comeback?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:17 am
DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am

Insightful observation; yes, there is a very real threat of book burning. Books may even have a comeback?
Well, if I get my book published I could always come off as a Republican, and get paid millions while people burn my books in hate. while I laugh to the bank...
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:22 am

For over 40 years, high school students in Foxfire programs have helped to gather and publish information about their Southern Appalachian heritage. Best known for the best-selling Foxfire Book series, the series and the other topical titles were all grown from interviews gathered for The Foxfire Magazine.
These are a good go to for a start.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 pm

This is weird: https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/
Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:40:07.
Resignation, maybe?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:06 pm

The 70s Back to Basics book by readers digest is very good. 20 to 30 bucks online, probably find it for 10 in a local used bookstore
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 pm
This is weird: https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/
Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:40:07.
Resignation, maybe?
Woh.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Constant helicopter traffic over the Vice President's residence: