we were sent there to deal with it somehow, to fight against it

but it was a fool's errand, we just ended up being spectators

there was nothing to attack, no way to engage with it

our military prowess was rendered moot
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Re: Dark Days Ahead

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Gwynne & I are going dancing tonight: Portland will tremble at our masklessness.

p.s. Insurrection is easy. Democrats think you need a Buffalo Lodge hat, leather pants & war paint, but it really only requires a fake cough.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Don’t give up on Canaderps just yet...

https://summit.news/2021/04/08/video-di ... estaurant/
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:03 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Makes me proud to know a Canadian.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:03 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Makes me proud to know a Canadian.
the restaurant has had its licence suspended, the owner now says she will remain closed

the city has said that if she opens again her licence will be permanently revoked
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 pm

on the bright side my wife is finally feeling the sting of knee jerk freedom hating Canadians

in previous lockdowns she was not inconvenienced, because Costco & Walmart were open

in this latest lockdown however, the freedom hating Canadians have insisted that Coscto & Walmart be closed

so now there is no shopping at all for the next month at least

my wife is fuming, but this is typical Canada, so let her take her own medicine

this is all on top of the fact that the reason for the lockdown in the first place is the shortage of vaccines

19% of Americans have been vaccinated, while only 1.9% of Canadians have gotten the vaccine
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 pm
on the bright side my wife is finally feeling the sting of knee jerk freedom hating Canadians

in previous lockdowns she was not inconvenienced, because Costco & Walmart were open

in this latest lockdown however, the freedom hating Canadians have insisted that Coscto & Walmart be closed

this is all on top of the fact that the reason for the lockdown in the first place is the shortage of vaccines

19% of Americans have been vaccinated, while only 1.9% of Canadians have gotten the vaccine
Come visit Gwynne & me. We have big ol’ empty mansion, a liquor cart with elephant foot humidor, and centrally located for touristy: Columbia River gorge, Officer’s Row, Oregon coast, Oysterville.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:45 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Come visit Gwynne & me. We have big ol’ empty mansion, a liquor cart with elephant foot humidor, and centrally located for touristy: Columbia River gorge, Officer’s Row, Oregon coast, Oysterville.
that's a very kind invitation, much appreciated, but we can't cross the border, it's closed in both directions

I am not suffering under this regime mind you

I don't do much shopping, even then, I do it all at once, that lasts me for months

and I have plenty of booze, the liquor store is one of the few things they couldn't close without inciting riots

the main thing is that my wife has been forced to concede that these orders are not science based, just politics

the most amusing part was when my wife came downstairs in a rage, waving the order in my face

she says she wants to complain now

I said, who do you want to complain to ?

she says "the politicians, my member of parliament or whoever ! This is the first time I have ever wanted to !"

I explained to her that her local MLA is Green Party, so the government doesn't care what he says

she kept storming about insisting there had to be someone to complain to

she wanted to complain directly to the Premier

I said everybody is shouting at him, millions of people are already outraged, you're not going to turn the tide

moreover, this is the Conservatives, the left wing parties want even more strict lockdowns than this one
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

Wait what? Are all grocery stores closed?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:32 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Wait what? Are all grocery stores closed?
no, essential items are allowed, food, booze, dope, drugs, shit like that

but they have literally walled off the aisles at Costco & Walmart for any other items

the reason is that small businesses complained that big box was open while the little guys couldn't open

so they lobbied to stop people from shopping at big box

so you can go to the Walmart pharmacy, or food section, but the aisles for "non essentials" are taped off

"non essentials" includes clothing tho, you can't even buy underwear, and that's what set my wife off

this is what it looks like at Walmart, the stuff is right there on the shelves, we are just not allowed to buy it

https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/upload ... =all&w=720

this is what I mean about Soviet Canada

it's not about being attacked on the street by a Woke mob

it's just that the vast majority of Canadians are knee jerk freedom hating nanny staters

nobody is likely to attack you physically, you're not going to encounter many confrontations here

what happens here is that if the government starts limiting freedoms, most Canadians are in favour of that

there is no political force which acts against government overreach here, it can run rampant

so again, it's about surviving the government wrecking the place

you can't rely on even being able to buy clothing & whatnot

it's literally Soviet bread lines, except it's not even a shortage, it's being imposed as a punishment

here's another Soviet style absurdity, this really sent my wife into a rage, you can't even buy Covid masks

they are deemed "non essential" because they are clothing, ha ha ha

https://mmo.aiircdn.com/45/606f46c111c18.jpg

I personally don't feel that burdened by any of this

years of working on the secret side of the crazy government has hardened me to the rigours of it

I can go into military gym - tan - laundry mode for years if need be

I can enjoy myself within a harsh realm under the rule of an insane chain of command

and I am paced for a long war

using the WWII as a rough estimate for the total pandemic run time in Canada

so this is just 1941, we aren't even half way through the war yet, Stalingrad is yet to come

but my wife was thinking it would be over after a year at least, so now the Covid fatigue is setting in for her

I am already looking ahead at the war to come, the massive debt burden & wrecked economy

it's all about financial & economic survival here, you can't be relying on Canada to save you

but most nanny state Canadians are relying on Canada to save them, and they about to get burned badly

people here think they are fatigued so far, but they ain't seen nothing yet
Nec Aspera Terrent