Total Incompetence

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Total Incompetence

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:17 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:03 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:53 pm
You find these traits in people that have never truly earned anything.

I don't know how many green out of college engineers I've had to mentor in the field. They are like children. They put on a front, but are afraid to do anything or say anything because deep down they know they all they have is a slip of paper and it didn't prepare them for the real world.
I had this same argument with Smitty; the Boomer engineers who landed a man on the moon and brought him back were right out of Uni. And my generation created computers right out of college. I was on the Engineer Industrial Board at the local Uni and Millennials are who you’re talking about: hopeless namby-pambies; and since then it’s gotten worse. Why do you think the Tech giants want B-1 visa engineers from India?
The space program was not run by kids out of uni lol. It was a military program from the start.
Same with ‘computers’. That was military intel work until IBM started making them for business. Then some uni dropout stole an OS idea from them and made the PC. Now he’s selling you soy meat.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:19 pm

:hand:
WHOA....

Black women are the only reason we got to the moon
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Dude, don’t you think I Googled the average age of NASA engineers? And I WAS one of those computer kids!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 pm
Dude, don’t you think I Googled the average age of NASA engineers? And I WAS one of those computer kids!
Even if they were straight out of college, they were not your typical students. They would have been the ones that were highly motivated, and when thrown into the ocean to sink or swim would have learned how to swim quickly.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:35 am

TheOneX wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Even if they were straight out of college, they were not your typical students. They would have been the ones that were highly motivated, and when thrown into the ocean to sink or swim would have learned how to swim quickly.
The point is that they were prepared to make decisions for themselves and reap the rewards or suffer the consequences (liberty).
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:50 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:35 am
TheOneX wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 am
Martin Hash wrote:
The point is that they were prepared to make decisions for themselves and reap the rewards or suffer the consequences (liberty).
They would have flipped the switch in Texas. I get what you are getting at. The mindset was different. Back in those days Righteousness could be defended and actually win. Today??? not so much.

Side note: Remember when people were actually encouraged after making a mistake? My Dad always said that the one who never made a mistake was the one who never did shit. The trick was to never make the same mistake twice. Live and learn.