Re: The Double Edged Sword of Term Limits

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:40 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:25 pm

I could live with that, if individual donations weren't unlimited, via SuperPac.
SuperPacs are another story, but an individual/corp/company would only be able to donate the maximum amount that an individual can donate. That would nip in the bud really quick the mega donors.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blatantly unconstitutional.
Boy, you love some donations.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:07 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:36 am
clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:54 pm

All articles and amendments of the Constitution apply only to individual humans.

You’re welcome.
Ridiculous. So when the NSA wanted all those phone records, phone companies just had to comply afterall they have no 4th amendment rights. I am sure you are cool with that. I am sure if Congress passed a law severely restricting news corps that would be ok with you.
I am completely fine with that. The 4th amendment applies to those individuals who had their phone records searched. Said records should be protected by the 4th. Not the corporation.
No. Not the megadata. Those records are that of the companies since they have no rights nothing to protect.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:40 am
clubgop wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

SuperPacs are another story, but an individual/corp/company would only be able to donate the maximum amount that an individual can donate. That would nip in the bud really quick the mega donors.
Who doesn't? Why can you donate unlimited money to TYT or NPR but not a super pac? What the difference between a superpac and a media company?

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:12 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Who doesn't? Why can you donate unlimited money to TYT or NPR but not a super pac? What the difference between a superpac and a media company?
There is no functional difference between media companies and SuperPACs. All are organizations with a political goal in mind. There is no such thing as neutral corporate media.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:16 am

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:12 am
clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

There is no functional difference between media companies and SuperPACs. All are organizations with a political goal in mind. There is no such thing as neutral corporate media.
Correct. They can never get that thru their heads.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:51 am

clubgop wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:25 pm

I could live with that, if individual donations weren't unlimited, via SuperPac.
How? Please amuse me how SuperPACs are constitutional in the first place? And how stopping super donors from having more pull over our politicians than a normal person is unconstitutional?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm

clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:07 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am

Ridiculous. So when the NSA wanted all those phone records, phone companies just had to comply afterall they have no 4th amendment rights. I am sure you are cool with that. I am sure if Congress passed a law severely restricting news corps that would be ok with you.
I am completely fine with that. The 4th amendment applies to those individuals who had their phone records searched. Said records should be protected by the 4th. Not the corporation.
No. Not the megadata. Those records are that of the companies since they have no rights nothing to protect.

‘Metadata’, if defined as a collective grouping of records with no individual information - sure.

If defined as individual call locations and times, no.

Sadly, when presented to a gaggle of 80+ career tumors, there is no clear distinction.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:49 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm
clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:07 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

‘Metadata’, if defined as a collective grouping of records with no individual information - sure.

If defined as individual call locations and times, no.

Sadly, when presented to a gaggle of 80+ career tumors, there is no clear distinction.
Nope, there isnt. And no one will make that distinction because it is not in anyone's best interest.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:51 am
clubgop wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

How? Please amuse me how SuperPACs are constitutional in the first place? And how stopping super donors from having more pull over our politicians than a normal person is unconstitutional?
Because a superpac isn't a PAC. There is no association, no coordination. Just a message to vote for or against. You are not donating to a politician, campaign, or party. Just messaging. You can donate your entire life savings to NPR if you want. Same to TYT. If you can donate to a media company endless amounts why not for a superpac?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 pm

clubgop wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:51 am
clubgop wrote:

Because a superpac isn't a PAC. There is no association, no coordination. Just a message to vote for or against. You are not donating to a politician, campaign, or party. Just messaging. You can donate your entire life savings to NPR if you want. Same to TYT. If you can donate to a media company endless amounts why not for a superpac?
Because said media company doesn’t (in theory) write laws, and isn’t elected as an official.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace