Open Source Everything

TheOneX

Open Source Everything

Post by TheOneX » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:43 am

If this election has done anything it has exposed how much we need to increase transparency in our elections and government. One of the easiest, and probably least controversial, ways of doing this is mandating that all civilian oriented software used by any government within the US has to be open source. At minimum it would at least allow software developers to look at and confirm that there are not "bugs" in the software. Best case scenario added some crowd sourcing to the development process will result in better software.

Martin Hash

Re: Open Source Everything

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:49 am

I mean, how big a program could voting be? Really, maybe 200 lines of Python? Even with security, I could write something in a couple days, and test it even.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:51 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:49 am
I mean, how big a program could voting be? Really, maybe 200 lines of Python? Even with security, I could write something in a couple days, and test it even.
Agreed, but apparently they found a way to screw things up. Right now all we can do is trust them when they say it was human error. To me that is not satisfactory.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:53 am

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:51 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:49 am
Agreed, but apparently they found a way to screw things up. Right now all we can do is trust them when they say it was human error. To me that is not satisfactory.
"Human error" is a euphuism for intentional fraud. The program probably worked perfectly.

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am

The voting software is crappy on purpose

I am currently moving thousands of dollars between bank accounts and trading accounts as we speak, secure, safe and easy, with the click of a button. Everyone has been doing this for a number of years, with zero issues

We certainly can create a secure voting system, but you are to believe it is a real challenge

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

I have a related proposal for more transparent, better functioning government -- bring back the Ordeal of the Boat

Few Satraps rebelled or defied the Persian Empire, because the penalty was tremendously severe

Anyone who, for example, participates in felony voter fraud, gets the Ordeal of the Boat, along with their family

Sounds insane, harsh, barbaric? Yes. The alternative is more insane, harsh, and barbaric...

......just kidding. We all know the Ordeal of the Boat would only be used on out-group, for their wrong-think

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:05 pm

apeman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm
I have a related proposal for more transparent, better functioning government -- bring back the Ordeal of the Boat

Few Satraps rebelled or defied the Persian Empire, because the penalty was tremendously severe

Anyone who, for example, participates in felony voter fraud, gets the Ordeal of the Boat, along with their family

Sounds insane, harsh, barbaric? Yes. The alternative is more insane, harsh, and barbaric...

......just kidding. We all know the Ordeal of the Boat would only be used on out-group, for their wrong-think
I've been advocating for a taser penalty for years now. Infraction: zap! Again: zap! Zap! Zap! Zap! Pavlovian penalty/reward can cure almost anything; at our basis, we are just animals after all.

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Immediate physical punishment ( "feedback", if we are doing sales) is farrrr less cruel than our current system

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:05 pm
apeman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

I've been advocating for a taser penalty for years now. Infraction: zap! Again: zap! Zap! Zap! Zap! Pavlovian penalty/reward can cure almost anything; at our basis, we are just animals after all.
Trust me, they're doing it already just with less harsh methods.

Shut your damn mouth, plebe, or we'll take away your job, and maybe even your ability to have a bank account.
Vote the way we tell you to or you're a racist bigot who needs a visit to the "truth and reconciliation" gulag.

Voter fraud? Perfectly fine if its for the "right" politics... You're just a good "party loyalist".
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Guys, the Dr. Shiv post I created, the video. spoke about this.

I suggest listening to his video. It is rather enlightening.
#NotOneRedCent