If Election Goes To The House?

Martin Hash

Re: If Election Goes To The House?

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:21 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 pm
Ballot harvesting was essential to Biden.
Thought ballot harvesting was illegal...
In honest States it is.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 pm
I'm also starting to think that SCOTUS isn't a meaningful part of Trump's strategy.

Alito telling PA to sequester contested ballots without counting them is a signal that the court is not interested in deciding this contest.

Staying in office might not even be Trump's ultimate goal.
They didn't sequester the ballots though. That's already been proven.
Maybe. I wouldn't know.

Either way, I am fairly certain that Alito's ruling was an attempt to keep the election off the SCOTUS docket.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 pm

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 pm
I'm also starting to think that SCOTUS isn't a meaningful part of Trump's strategy.

Alito telling PA to sequester contested ballots without counting them is a signal that the court is not interested in deciding this contest.

Staying in office might not even be Trump's ultimate goal.
Maybe. I wouldn't know.

Either way, I am fairly certain that Alito's ruling was an attempt to keep the election off the SCOTUS docket.
What happened was that after RBG died, including Roberts, it was SCOTUS 4:4 to allow mail-in ballots after 8 pm Tuesday. After the new majority, Alito issued that order.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm
I used to play a lot of Hearts with my grandparents. My grandpa was a fucking wizard at shooting the moon.

The thing about shooting the moon is not letting anyone know you are doing it until it is too late for them to stop you. Once they figure it out you don't have four people playing for themselves, you have three people playing against you.

Trump is trying to shoot the moon. He isn't trying to prove there are enough fraudulent votes to flip any states.
Ahh, but here is the thing. He's not playing hearts; he's playing spades, and he has to say he is shooting for the moon.

The difference is he doesn't have all the spades. He has all the face cards and a 10. Not enough to get a guaranteed win, but enough to hope his partner has the remaining cards.

Otherwise, we are hoping the other team fucks up enough and overplays their hand where Trump can squeak out a win.
Spades is a game that rewards caution.

Not Trump's game, hoss.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 pm
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm
The Conservative wrote:

Maybe. I wouldn't know.

What happened was that before RBG died, including Roberts, it was SCOTUS 5:4 to allow mail-in ballots after 8 pm Tuesday. After the new majority, Alito issued that order.
I know that. I am contesting that Alito is trying to defend the apolitical nature of the court by keeping the election off their docket by nipping contested ballots in the bud.

It would have been trivially easy to all but guarantee a SCOTUS case if those ballots had been counted in an election that was close enough for them to make a difference.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Could be. There’s certainly been no SCOTUS action yet? Trump’s attempts seem to be aimed at the Republican legislatures of those States. He needs to provide a LOT of cover if they are to forego certification. Sounds like he got MI but everything’s a lie so I don’t know.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:45 pm

In MI they can't legally rescind their certifications. If that actually makes it to SCOTUS that would be pretty good evidence that I am wrong about SCOTUS' desire to get involved.

Trump's team dropped their MI case, last I heard, which is one of the reasons I am thinking they don't want it to go to SCOTUS either. They made their point, and they've got something else they are trying to do with it.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:48 pm

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:45 pm
In MI they can't legally rescind their certifications. If that actually makes it to SCOTUS that would be pretty good evidence that I am wrong about SCOTUS' desire to get involved.

Trump's team dropped their MI case, last I heard, which is one of the reasons I am thinking they don't want it to go to SCOTUS either. They made their point, and they've got something else they are trying to do with it.
They dropped the case so that their court judge couldn’t intercede with the legislature, who can blame intimidation for not certifying.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 pm

Maybe, but wouldn't that just bounce a selection of GOP electors by the legislators back to the state court?
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 pm
Maybe, but wouldn't that just bounce a selection of GOP electors by the legislators back to the state court?
State court interceding is what got PA to SCOTUS in the 1st place.