Re: Planning For What’s Next?

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:57 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:50 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Dude, people who are capable have a list of accomplishments that prove it, and you can expect them to continue with that same good judgment & effectiveness; promises are what Party politicians do.
The people who are capable will never run because they know better.
Dude, I ran but you wouldn't have voted for me because I'm a braggart.
No, I would have excused you being a braggart, if you had the ability to back up what you say. That is one thing you seem to forget about me, I don't judge a person by their skin, or what they say, I judge a person by what they have done.

I only judge a person by what they say, if they don't have anything to back up what they are spouting...

I would have voted for you because you are qualified to do the job, Just as I voted for Trump... he was qualified to do the job vs those that were put up against him.

I don't let my personal feelings get in the way of my vote, if you have the ability, I'll even help run your campaign, I'll man the phones, etc... If you don't. Then fuck you.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:12 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:57 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:50 pm

The people who are capable will never run because they know better.
Dude, I ran but you wouldn't have voted for me because I'm a braggart.
No, I would have excused you being a braggart, if you had the ability to back up what you say. That is one thing you seem to forget about me, I don't judge a person by their skin, or what they say, I judge a person by what they have done.

I only judge a person by what they say, if they don't have anything to back up what they are spouting...

I would have voted for you because you are qualified to do the job, Just as I voted for Trump... he was qualified to do the job vs those that were put up against him.

I don't let my personal feelings get in the way of my vote, if you have the ability, I'll even help run your campaign, I'll man the phones, etc... If you don't. Then fuck you.
Dude, I know you would have voted for me; I was making a 1-line statement of a universal problem independent candidates have. "You" were just a rhetorical placeholder.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:04 am

Martin.
It's not who you are, it's what you do.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:35 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:04 am
Martin.
It's not who you are, it's what you do.
I have a quote something like that:
"The quality of your life is measured by what you’ve done, not what you own." - me

Here's one that addresses your statement:
"You have to be famous to get famous." - me

Otherwise I don't know what you're saying?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:13 am

Is LINUX a viable option to stop subsidizing big tech and keep them from spying on you ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:17 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:13 am
Is LINUX a viable option to stop subsidizing big tech and keep them from spying on you ?
Yes. And put Graphene on your smartphone.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 am

C-Mag wrote:
To an extent. Just remember if it's open-source, government has the ability to find ways in without you realizing it.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:54 am

Hastur wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:17 am
C-Mag wrote:
Yes. And put Graphene on your smartphone.
Compile yourself then verify hash code.

In all honesty - you have to assume the government has access to any machine that touches the internet.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:39 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 am
C-Mag wrote:
To an extent. Just remember if it's open-source, government has the ability to find ways in without you realizing it.
That is less likely than proprietary code where they can ask for a backdoor to be coded into the system. With open source they would need to at least hack into the system, which is much more difficult, and always has the risk of being patched in the next release. Remember the alternatives have a history of working closely with both the US and Chinese governments.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:50 am

TheOneX wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:39 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 am
C-Mag wrote:
That is less likely than proprietary code where they can ask for a backdoor to be coded into the system. With open source they would need to at least hack into the system, which is much more difficult, and always has the risk of being patched in the next release. Remember the alternatives have a history of working closely with both the US and Chinese governments.
See EternalBlue.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"