NFL 2020

SuburbanFarmer

Re: NFL 2020

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:03 am

I've been saying all off-season - This is the year that we learn whether it was Brady or 'The Patriot Way' all these years. My money is definitely on the Patriots.

People hold up Brady's ring count as proof that he's the GOAT - that was all Belichik. I still think Peyton Manning or Drew Brees are the GOAT. Brady is an upper-mid-tier QB that got very very lucky.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am
I checked the box scores. Some interesting comparisons

Tom Brady and his loaded unstoppable team................ Lost by over 10 points,
0-1 Brady threw 2 interceptions. Back in 2012, Peyton Manning won his first game as a Bronco against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Meanwhile, Jameis Winston, Belichick and the Patriots are 1-0. The Patriots, with COVID hold outs, big trade losses and a new QB in a new system beat an improved Miami team that beat them in the last game of the season. Note ESPN predicted the Patriots would win 4 games, and the Tampa Brady Bucs would win 12 games.

As of today Cam Newton > Tom Brady, Bill Belichick > Tom Brady.

Many experts picked the Dallas Cowboys to win the NFC and challenge the Chiefs. The Cowboys lost to the LA Rams.
Didn't watch it at all, but I grinned when I heard Brady lost.
I'm certain you weren't alone
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:14 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am
I checked the box scores. Some interesting comparisons

Tom Brady and his loaded unstoppable team................ Lost by over 10 points,
0-1 Brady threw 2 interceptions. Back in 2012, Peyton Manning won his first game as a Bronco against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Meanwhile, Jameis Winston, Belichick and the Patriots are 1-0. The Patriots, with COVID hold outs, big trade losses and a new QB in a new system beat an improved Miami team that beat them in the last game of the season. Note ESPN predicted the Patriots would win 4 games, and the Tampa Brady Bucs would win 12 games.

As of today Cam Newton > Tom Brady, Bill Belichick > Tom Brady.

Many experts picked the Dallas Cowboys to win the NFC and challenge the Chiefs. The Cowboys lost to the LA Rams.
Didn't watch it at all, but I grinned when I heard Brady lost.
I'm certain you weren't alone
Nope, not by any stretch, but I'm also from Mass. So when Brady left people panicked, I wasn't worried, I remember the years the Patriots outright sucked... for me this is a rebuilding year, if they win 6 or 7 games I'll be happy if they get the playoffs, but I'm not expecting it.

Brady checked out last year 1/2 way through the season, so when he left I thought it was a good thing, he was bringing down the team. The fact that he went where he did and got Gronk to follow him, and they got crushed, made me smile.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:17 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:03 am
I've been saying all off-season - This is the year that we learn whether it was Brady or 'The Patriot Way' all these years. My money is definitely on the Patriots.

People hold up Brady's ring count as proof that he's the GOAT - that was all Belichik. I still think Peyton Manning or Drew Brees are the GOAT. Brady is an upper-mid-tier QB that got very very lucky.
Brady was the GOAT because of the weapons he was given, not because of his ability. You can't deny his records, they blow away so many that it is going to be hard to beat. Bill Belichick though is the key to his success, the man has the most rings out of any coach I think... 8 total?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:25 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:17 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Brady was the GOAT because of the weapons he was given, not because of his ability. You can't deny his records, they blow away so many that it is going to be hard to beat. Bill Belichick though is the key to his success, the man has the most rings out of any coach I think... 8 total?
Brady's only all-time record is championships and playoff wins - all part of the System. Yards, TDs, completions, etc are all eclipsed by Manning and Brees. Especially when you factor in games played.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:28 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:25 am
The Conservative wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Brady's only all-time record is championships and playoff wins - all part of the System. Yards, TDs, completions, etc are all eclipsed by Manning and Brees. Especially when you factor in games played.
Your Left-leaning is showing...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:28 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Don't bring politics into Football. This is not a discussion of economic systems.

The Patriot Way works. Belichik is a genius. That's all.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Belichick and Ernie Adams.

I've been hoping for a few years that this would happen. Frankly, I think both the Niners and the Patriots would have been better off if Brady had been traded instead of Garrapalo. But now we get to find out how good Brady really is. He has all the receivers and running backs he's whined about for years. And he put up a goose egg.

Check out his interceptions

The pick six was a rookie move, locked on the receiver and the ball didn't have enough velocity. The INT across the middle just sailed. I remember when Peytons arm went, it was about week 10 of his Superbowl run. The first half he was good, the second half, nothing. His arm never came back. That can happen to an old QB. Brady had a QB rating of 78 and ranked 20th among QBs. Cam Newton rating of 100, ranked 10th. Last year. Brady had a rating of 88 last year. Newton hasn't really played since 2018, then he had a rating of 94. Cam Newton clearly performing better, Brady worse.

Peyton Manning is the only starting QB to win Super Bowls with 2 different teams. Including the rest of his accomplishments, Peyton is the guy until that changes.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:39 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I've been saying that for years to massive resistance.

More ammo to coaches vs. players and determining GOAT. Sean Peyton got suspended by the NFL, and Saints suffered, Drew Brees suffered. Tom Brady injured in NE and the Pats still win 11 games and go to the playoffs. Peyton Manning gets injured, the Colts go 1-15.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:28 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Don't bring politics into Football. This is not a discussion of economic systems.

The Patriot Way works. Belichik is a genius. That's all.
No, I am saying that there is one way of stats showing... it has been recognized for decades. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it needs to change.

Brady by statistics is the GOAT...
#NotOneRedCent