Pro sports boycotting

pineapplemike

Re: Pro sports boycotting

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:02 pm

i was pretty tuned out of the shortened MLB season already, but seeing BLM on the pitchers mound at dodger stadium was the final turn off. i'll check in again next year

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:32 pm

In respect to past injustices. I pledge to watch no Pro Sports until systemic racism is destroyed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:12 pm

I can’t do it bros. I need my NFL. No matter how much they abuse me, there’s just no other way to get my fix.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:40 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:12 pm
I can’t do it bros. I need my NFL. No matter how much they abuse me, there’s just no other way to get my fix.
You don't care about Black Lives.
As long as we watch, they will play.

I've been touched by the athletes, but I understand the constraints of time. With all their training, playing, picking up ho's and blow on road games, taking first wives on lavish vacations, when will they have time to really work on systemic racism.

For Black Lives, stop watching, give athletes the time to fix racism.
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:38 am

I've decided to abandon both the NBA and MLB for this year. If the NFL pulls the same shit then I will abandon them too. The boycotting of games over Jacob Blake was a (big) step too far. IDK what I will do next year. Deal with that after I get through this.

None of these athletes have condemned the rioting. None have voiced their outrage over innocent people being assaulted while simply trying to put out fires. None have made any statements condemning any of the criminal acts done in the name of BLM. I've been told silence is violence, and they have been silent on that.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:06 am

We need to force them to live up to their ideals.

Ask them, 'isn't Systemic Racism too important to work on part time?'
With the money you have, quit and dedicate your life to Systemic racism.

Note: Its been reported that the NBA told the players, no playoffs, they would cut pay 25%. They didn't walk out for BLM, they walked out for pay
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Or they walked out for BLM, as long as there were no consequences for them. Fucking hypocrites, just like all commies.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:11 pm

We need to topple those systemic symbols of oppression and racism that lord over all major cities.

Also known as Stadiums.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 am

Ill give these guys a pass here. Especially the NBA and NHL. You are a rich guy used to getting whatever the hell you want, being the center of attention, yet here you are locked into a bubble no one cares about you, fucking Tucker Carlson is beating you in the ratings, and you are being forced fed CNN or MSNBC all day. I'd want a mental health day too. So they took one day, I know the NBA thought about stopping all together but the thought entered thier heads. "If we stop altogether for this shit we're going to have to do something and we have no clue what the hell that is. So we are going to shut up and dribble.

The NBA especially you know they watched both these conventions and in just production value alone they watched the RNC destroy the DNC.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:31 am

I made it through the entire weekend without watching a single second of NBA or MLB. My sports are going to come from motorcycle racing and Korean Baseball. Only downside to watching the KBO is that ESPN is the one showing the games. I almost started watching the NHL, but then they bent the knee last week as well.

I read the NFL is going with social justice decals on their helmets this season. Glad I stopped playing fantasy football a couple years ago. I may watch a few select games, but there's no way I'm watching random Sunday night games. Also not watching most of my home teams games.