Pro sports boycotting

PartyOf5

Pro sports boycotting

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:24 pm

So the NBA teams scheduled to play tonight all decided to "boycott" as it's being called. 3 MLB games did the same.

I love baseball, and was enjoying the NBA to an extent this year, both before and after shutdown. Now I'm trying to figure out how to basically ween myself off most pro sports (I assume the NFL is going to pull similar shit). I've grown up watching the "big 3" of pro sports. This boycotting bullshit may be too much for me to forgive.

13 unarmed black men killed by cops each year is enough to get them so angry at the rest of the country to cancel games, but all the other people killed doesn't get a word from them. Doing this is somehow necessary, yet free Hong Kong is an ignorant thing to say. What do they accomplish by doing this? Everyone is already aware of what's happening, so raising awareness isn't needed. Cancelling the NBA is going to stop racism? I doubt actual racists are following a league that is 90% black. Multi-millionaires are so distraught over a kiddie rapist being shot after fighting with Police and reaching into a car for who knows what that they refuse to do their jobs until criminals are allowed to kill cops at will. That is what their demands will lead to.

This just may be enough to get me tune out MLB, NBA, NFL, NASCAR, and who knows what else for good. I am so angry at them right now. Had to vent. Also trying to figure out how to basically break the addiction to pro sports that I have followed since I was a little kid.

Zlaxer

Re: Pro sports boycotting

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Fuck it - I can live without NBA or MLB or NFL...let them rot.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:07 pm

I can easily live without those self righteous pricks
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:09 am

It’s easy. I love hockey and football but I’m done watching both. They bow to BLM aka communist, so I’m done with them and Yes I know I need to change my avatar and I’m getting around to it. Find something else to occupy your time. I hunt ducks and the guys in my neighborhood, including me, started a money cornhole league that we are going to play on Sundays.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:25 am

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:49 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:09 am
It’s easy. I love hockey and football but I’m done watching both. They bow to BLM aka communist, so I’m done with them and Yes I know I need to change my avatar and I’m getting around to it. Find something else to occupy your time. I hunt ducks and the guys in my neighborhood, including me, started a money cornhole league that we are going to play on Sundays.
Cam bent the knee to BLM than the Black ‘N Gold fans bent Cam’s knew the other way....

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:07 am

So were they cancelling their games over criminal blacks getting shot, or are they afraid of the virus?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 am

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:07 am
So were they cancelling their games over criminal blacks getting shot, or are they afraid of the virus?
They are refusing to play because of the Blake shooting. They have not said a word about the nightly burning down of businesses, looting, etc. I read one article that said many players are traumatized by the shooting.

Maybe they just don't feel like playing in the bubble. They can't handle doing their jobs without the constant adoration of thousands. Military serve overseas for many more months than these spoiled brats. They don't get to see their families either. They also don't have all the luxury that the players have in the bubble, and they sure as hell don't make anywhere near as much money. No one cheers them on or doing their jobs either.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:14 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:09 am
I thought hockey was pretty much avoiding the SJW messaging. There goes another option for me.

I get that a lot of people never cared about the NBA or MLB in the first place, but this is something I've been following since I was like 8 years old. Take something you've loved doing or watching for decades and now try and figure out what to do if thing was no longer available to you. I was doing OK during lockdown, but then I still had hope of the future. Filling that void immediately is not an easy task.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 pm

So a bunch of millionaires decide to stop playing sports that they fought months to get back on air to protest a rapist getting shot by police.

Oh and all the while still getting paid for not playing.

Yeah fuck all pro sports.