Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:34 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 am
Called It !

The bailout of insolvent, poorly run Blue Islands have begun

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... 010321.php

We foot the bill for San Fransisco debt in the COVID Bill
Lori is just licking her lips out here in Chicagoland. Not that the feds can do much about the giant mountain of debt that's set to implode this state the second interest rates go back up.

These jackasses just burn cash like it means nothing. No expectations of repercussions down the line, no hard decisions, just throw some more on the fire...

Hopefully in 12 months it won't be our problem anymore. My entire family is leaving the state, along with our best friends. We're still not all exactly sure where to, but the need to escape is real. Many of our lifelong friends have already left. 3% property taxes can do that, and God knows they'll be 4-5% in a decade. You think your mortgage is bad, try a second one!
I wonder if the elites just re-locate when things get bad enough. Then the warring tribes of lumpenproles can tear each other apart.
They already are, haven't you noticed?
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Xenophon

Re: Communist Revolution Has Begun

Post by Xenophon » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:15 am

Ph64 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:13 am
Xenophon wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:07 am
Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Lori is just licking her lips out here in Chicagoland. Not that the feds can do much about the giant mountain of debt that's set to implode this state the second interest rates go back up.

These jackasses just burn cash like it means nothing. No expectations of repercussions down the line, no hard decisions, just throw some more on the fire...

Hopefully in 12 months it won't be our problem anymore. My entire family is leaving the state, along with our best friends. We're still not all exactly sure where to, but the need to escape is real. Many of our lifelong friends have already left. 3% property taxes can do that, and God knows they'll be 4-5% in a decade. You think your mortgage is bad, try a second one!
I wonder if the elites just re-locate when things get bad enough. Then the warring tribes of lumpenproles can tear each other apart.
I mean total withdrawal. It's one thing to retreat to the suburbs, it's another thing entirely to relocate permanently to the villa.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:30 am

Speakswiththumbs wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Called It !

As long as you aren't an asshole, most red states will accept you willingly, as long as you don't vote for what fucked up your state in the first place.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:35 am

Xenophon wrote:
Speakswiththumbs wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Called It !

It's not the elites you need to worry about, it's those that can afford to move in general and do, leaving those who can't... then we see what happens when SHTF, because if all that is left are politicians and poor, the real fun begins.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:40 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:35 am
Xenophon wrote:
Speakswiththumbs wrote:

It's not the elites you need to worry about, it's those that can afford to move in general and do, leaving those who can't... then we see what happens when SHTF, because if all that is left are politicians and poor, the real fun begins.
That's literally all they have.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:44 am

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:40 am
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:35 am
Xenophon wrote:

That's literally all they have.
Not even close, If you can save up money over a two-year period and then afford to move out of the state with all of your belonging, you are doing better than most.

We haven't even come close to hitting that level yet, but if we keep getting the blue state leftists leaving their states because they fucked it up too badly to fix, and go to a red state to try again, we are fucked in general.
#NotOneRedCent

Speakswiththumbs

Post by Speakswiththumbs » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Last edited by Speakswiththumbs on Sun May 01, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:45 pm
We'll likely be moving to a purple state in a moderate rural area.
Welcome to Ohio, neighbor! :D
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:39 pm

Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:45 pm
We'll likely be moving to a purple state in a moderate rural area. I'm sure it will have issues not being deep red, but after a near-lifetime around Chicago anything would be a welcomed change. I've always been deeply conservative on local issues, mixed nationally (like it matters).

Most people are in utter wilful denial about how their blue states/cities got fucked, full-in on the kool-aid, and they still will be unable to realize that exporting that stupidity will just make their new home as bad in a generation.

We are a weak, soft, stupid people after several generations of good times. Without hard times such stupidity will continue to multiply. When people aren't ever forced to make difficult decisions, they just get more and more magical and idealistic in thought, and the costs get kicked down the road and slowly snowball. Eventually there's an avalanche. I won't be in Illinois when it comes down.
Red people moving from Blue states to Purple states, and turning them moderately Red is probably the best case scenario in the short term. At the very least, it would make it difficult or impossible for the left to control the Senate.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:15 am
Ph64 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:13 am
Xenophon wrote:

I mean total withdrawal. It's one thing to retreat to the suburbs, it's another thing entirely to relocate permanently to the villa.
Oh, I was talking about the lumpenproles tearing each other apart. The elites will relocate temporarily at first until they can unload their urban properties (they are starting to, even at a loss).
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."