Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:27 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:46 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:32 pm

Elon Musk is Autistic. He doesn't put up with shit if he doesn't have to. And he can afford to tell people to stuff it.
I don't even need autism to tell people to Fuck Off, when I've had enough nonsense, I've had enough.
As Martin tells you, having money helps as well...
That's why we have the term "Fuck You Money", sure everyone wants it, but wants that, but it linear thinking. The real thing Fuck You Money gives you is economic freedom to do what you want. You can achieve that without having Hash or Musk money. Granted you will be limited in the material goods you can attain, but you can have economic freedom without Fuck You Money.

Our country was built by poor people with economic freedom. They didn't have much, but they didn't want for much either. And they definitely told people to Fuck Off when needed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:07 am

Here’s an insight into money:

In my everyday life, I don’t spend much money, less than most people I’d say because we live simple lives, but here’s the difference…

If I really want something, I don’t have to pine for it, or wish things were different, I just buy it. However, if you’re in the position you can buy anything you want, that means you could buy it later if you want, so unless you really, really want it, you postpone the purchase indefinitely. Turns out, I don’t really want a boat, or a vacation home, or expensive jewelry; and I like to wait for bargains. But once in a while I buy a supercharged Avanti.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:12 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:07 am

In my everyday life, I don’t spend much money, less than most people I’d say because we live simple lives, but here’s the difference…

If I really want something, I don’t have to pine for it, or wish things were different, I just buy it. However, if you’re in the position you can buy anything you want, that means you could buy it later if you want, so unless you really, really want it, you postpone the purchase indefinitely. Turns out, I don’t really want a boat, or a vacation home, or expensive jewelry; and I like to wait for bargains. But once in a while I buy a supercharged Avanti.
Or you gain enough interest on your capital to do it anyway...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:27 am
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:34 am

I don't even need autism to tell people to Fuck Off, when I've had enough nonsense, I've had enough.
That's why we have the term "Fuck You Money", sure everyone wants it, but wants that, but it linear thinking. The real thing Fuck You Money gives you is economic freedom to do what you want. You can achieve that without having Hash or Musk money. Granted you will be limited in the material goods you can attain, but you can have economic freedom without Fuck You Money.

Our country was built by poor people with economic freedom. They didn't have much, but they didn't want for much either. And they definitely told people to Fuck Off when needed.
For me, my F-you money starting limit would be 5 million, only because the first million is expenditures, a million would be for house expenditures over my lifetime, and the rest would be put into a trust in where I would live off the interest.

Honestly, I would lead a very simple life...no reason to go extravagant... to bring attention to yourself. Give me a few acres of land, a place to grow a garden and I'll be happy to let the world burn around me as I let my sprinkler system hydrate my land, keeping me safe from the bullshit around me.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:42 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 am
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

For me, my F-you money starting limit would be 5 million, only because the first million is expenditures, a million would be for house expenditures over my lifetime, and the rest would be put into a trust in where I would live off the interest.

Honestly, I would lead a very simple life...no reason to go extravagant... to bring attention to yourself. Give me a few acres of land, a place to grow a garden and I'll be happy to let the world burn around me as I let my sprinkler system hydrate my land, keeping me safe from the bullshit around me.
Yeah, $ 5 Million would be great, honestly I need $ 500 Million to do what I want to do, but until that happens.......

I'll just work at improving my income and building my self sufficiency. If I'm independent of the bulk of the systems, they have little sway over me, that's a Fuck You position............................. at least until that half a billion comes rolling in, which I'm sure will be very soon.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:42 pm
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, $ 5 Million would be great, honestly I need $ 500 Million to do what I want to do, but until that happens.......

I'll just work at improving my income and building my self sufficiency. If I'm independent of the bulk of the systems, they have little sway over me, that's a Fuck You position............................. at least until that half a billion comes rolling in, which I'm sure will be very soon.
What do you need $500 million for?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I wouldn't say no to an extra two zeros at the end of that either, but honestly... as I said, my starting limit would be 5 million. If I really wanted a true amount to just say F-off, it would probably be around what you are suggesting... but again, who knows... it may cost a lot less to become independent of everything than you think.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:28 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 pm
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Think about it, you want to create an independent infrastructure that no longer relies on the government the electric company, gas company, or places like Amazon, Walmart, or a supermarket to maintain... you will need money to create your own infrastructure.

500 Million would probably be just enough to get it off the ground and self-sufficent. The problem would be maintaining it, and 500 million would not be enough, because you would need a form of residual income... and unless you can make something that is reproducable and exportable, that is the problem with this thought process.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:09 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 pm
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Private island, or massive Wyoming ranch?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:15 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:07 am

Dave Ramsey talks about this all the time. People with money, have money, because they are disciplined and don't spend in a frivolous manner. Disciplined spenders are also likely to be disciplined in other areas of their life too. So they don't waste assets, make the most of their time and do good work.

There's not a lot I wish for. I don't have Fuck You money, but I do what I want for the most part. My wife and I don't really even get each other gifts that much. It's most likely something useful that you want that we would buy anyway. My wife needs a new home computer, I'll buy her a new tower for xmas and a few other things.

I will also say this about money, you are far more likely to build wealth working for yourself.
PLATA O PLOMO