Coronavirus thread

Fife

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:53 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:27 pm
Yeah, I'm not quite there yet, but I'm definitely inching up into the concealed carry permit years of my life as well.
Lulz.

Time.
That shit takes no prisoners.
Asking for a (really old ass) friend: I wonder how a Kimber Ultra Carry II would sit in a Gideon sidekick. :goteam:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:56 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:53 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:27 pm
Yeah, I'm not quite there yet, but I'm definitely inching up into the concealed carry permit years of my life as well.
Lulz.

Time.
That shit takes no prisoners.
Asking for a (really old ass) friend: I wonder how a Kimber Ultra Carry II would sit in a Gideon sidekick. :goteam:

:lol:

That's some Quentin Tarantino stuff right there.
Two clean cut missionaries walking the neighborhood with their little cross-emblazoned belt pouches.
Bad characters walk up to them - fuck around, and find out.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:00 pm

well down where I grew up, there is definitely a lot of gun play

West Indian & Somali gangsters

but it's all assassination, it's gang hits, the guys who get hit, they never get a chance to draw their guns

they just follow you until you are in a kill zone, then they come in a pack and pump the car full of rounds

you pull up to a red light, then it goes down without warning

Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:29 pm
well the rednecks here don't pack heat, in Canada we settled things with our fists
Psssssssshhhhh ... well down here the rednecks are definitely packing heat. But that doesn't mean you can't still settle up with your fists. You can. With rednecks.
But you got more than rednecks down here too - and they're also packing heat.
And some of them are more fist oriented than others.
So you know - if you want a level playing field, best pack some heat yourself.
;)

Shooting isn't mandatory in the USA, it's optional - but it's only an option to the armed.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:12 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:08 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
well the rednecks here don't pack heat, in Canada we settled things with our fists
Psssssssshhhhh ... well down here the rednecks are definitely packing heat. But that doesn't mean you can't still settle up with your fists. You can. With rednecks.
;)

Shooting isn't mandatory in the USA, it's optional - but it's only an option to the armed.
I honestly never have any trouble in America

Americans treat me very well

I walked around the Bronx back when it was Fort Apache, and nobody ever bothered me

I walked around South Central too, no trouble there neither

I don't know why, but Americans seem to like me, I never have any quarrels with Americans

I honestly think Americans are the nicest, friendliest, most decent upstanding folk on earth

as opposed to like the UK, which is a mad house full of hooligans
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:12 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:08 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
;)

I walked around the Bronx back when it was Fort Apache, and nobody ever bothered me

I don't know why, but Americans seem to like me, I never have any quarrels with Americans

I honestly think Americans are the nicest, friendliest, most decent upstanding folk on earth

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

As they say, an armed society is a polite society.
From the barrios of New Mexico to the ghettos of St. Pete Florida you can go where you want and people are generally polite to everyone. Because you don't want problems with anyone, when you're in a broke ass area with bad characters around.

Rudeness, complaining, passive-aggressiveness, all that shit - that's for middle and upper class neighborhoods - where it's far less likely you'll fuck with the wrong dude.

At least, that's been my experience.

I moved from St. Pete to Seattle and the first year out here I ran up on three different dudes because I thought they were calling me out. But they weren't calling me out. They were just comfortably rude loudmouths who were accustomed to shouting shit at strangers. And I was coming from a place where if you let that behavior slide you were going to be the bitch of the neighborhood for the rest of your life.

So... you know ... it was an adjustment period. But it startled the fuck out of the dudes who weren't ready for me. And it was weird for me too because one moment I was 100% sure these dudes wanted to fight me, and the next minute they're all "Chill out, man! Relax!, What the fuck man?"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:30 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

As they say, an armed society is a polite society.
From the barrios of New Mexico to the ghettos of St. Pete Florida you can go where you want and people are generally polite to everyone. Because you don't want problems with anyone, when you're in a broke ass area with bad characters around.

Rudeness, complaining, passive-aggressiveness, all that shit - that's for middle and upper class neighborhoods - where it's far less likely you'll fuck with the wrong dude.

At least, that's been my experience.

I moved from St. Pete to Seattle and the first year out here I ran up on three different dudes because I thought they were calling me out. But they weren't calling me out. They were just comfortably rude loudmouths who were accustomed to shouting shit at strangers. And I was coming from a place where if you let that behavior slide you were going to be the bitch of the neighborhood for the rest of your life.

So... you know ... it was an adjustment period. But it startled the fuck out of the dudes who weren't ready for me. And it was weird for me too because one moment I was 100% sure these dudes wanted to fight me, and the next minute they're all "Chill out, man! Relax!, What the fuck man?"
there was only one time I got in a brawl with Americans

we were in Fort Knox at the E-club

I go to the latrine, and there were these hispanic guys in there

they said they were in a gang and we shouldn't mess with them, they were trying to intimidate us

but I mean, we'd just come out of the field, we were charged up

so all heck broke loose, and it spilled out into the parking lot

we were winning, we were laying a beat down on them

but then I turned and their was this MP with his M9 drawn on me

I was staring down the barrel, so I knocked it off
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:30 pm
there was only one time I got in a brawl with Americans

we were in Fort Knox at the E-club
Well check that out, we've been to the same base.
Did my infantry basic training at Fort Knox.
Never got to see the E-club tho.
Just got my ass kicked for eight weeks and then shipped out to AIT.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:39 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:45 am
I noticed multiple articles yesterday (Bloomberg being one, USA Today another) claiming that 70% of US has had at least 1 vaccine shot. I thought that seem a bit high, so today I did some additional searching.

Every source I can find that lists actual numbers has the percentage hovering around 55%. I wonder if the 70% story is to make people feel peer pressure of being in the small minority. If they think they in the 30%, some will cave and get the vaccine simply for that reason. The US government and media is in full on CCP/USSR/Baghdad Bob mode.
My wife is one of them, and she refused to get the second after what a lot of her female friends went through... too many side effects and not a guarantee to help.
#NotOneRedCent