Coronavirus thread

Zlaxer

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:01 am

I would only caution that the entire virus does not need to pass through the cell gateway - in fact, rarely does an entire virus pass through - it just needs to inject its RNA into the cell....so the point of the virus being bigger than hemoglobin is not valid IMHO.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:48 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:01 am
I would only caution that the entire virus does not need to pass through the cell gateway - in fact, rarely does an entire virus pass through - it just needs to inject its RNA into the cell....so the point of the virus being bigger than hemoglobin is not valid IMHO.
I don't think that is the same thing as "bonding" to red blood cells.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:14 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:43 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:28 pm

You could have posted your story in the bugaloo thread or STFU. Instead you started a new thread. Ever the hypocrite.
Talking of hypocrisy, what exactly does this post have to do with the coronavirus?
If you want to keep this thread on topic then provide some on topic material.
/shrugs
I did. I asked you why you need an overdraft extension 4 weeks into the apocalypse. You always claims to be above us all, so why weren't you better prepared?

That's not an attack, it's an honest inquiry. It's also a topic you brought up at the start, so you can't claim asking about it is out of bounds.
I'm getting some seriously mixed messages here. Do you want a thread for serious conversations about the bug or not?
I mean, I started another thread so stuff didn't get buried by Smitty's love story, which you thanked me for, then you fill it with self-defeating shit moaning that it's going off topic.

I never claimed to be ''above'' anyone. I've explained how my lifestyle is as environmentally sound as I can make it but I've never claimed to be financially secure. Quite the opposite in fact, the pursuit of money has never been a high priority for me.
The reason I've run out of money is the same as everyone else, I didn't foresee a time when my whole industry would be shut down by a lethal, worldwide pandemic. I'm not sure why anyone would even need to ask that question.
I wrote a couple of posts about how shitty I thought my bank was being in face of this health crisis and you've used it as an opportunity to ankle bite me. I could just as easily ask you why you've let yourself be at high risk of death through being diabetic. Why didn't you make better dietary choices in your life? Without knowing more about whether you are type 1 or 2 diabetic I could accuse you of being a fat fuck but I won't because I'm not an ankle biting dickhead.
I hope that has cleared it up for you.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:14 am
I could just as easily ask you why you've let yourself be at high risk of death through being diabetic.
I'm not type 2. I'm also 6"1' and 185 so I'm not overweight either. I'm at high risk by means of the genetic lottery.

You can't call me an ankle-biter on this one. I responded to the initial posts making COVID jokes. Nothing directed at you. You were the one who took the initial shot at me, making you the ankle biter. Hypocrite once again.

Since page 1 you haven't posted anything relevant to COVID in the thread you created and asked to stay on topic. How about you contribute something meaningful or STFU yourself?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am

Snowed again last night. Weather has been very strange the past few weeks.

I'd love to see how it shakes out with all the CO2 we aren't pumping right now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:57 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:14 am
I could just as easily ask you why you've let yourself be at high risk of death through being diabetic.
I'm not type 2. I'm also 6"1' and 185 so I'm not overweight either. I'm at high risk by means of the genetic lottery.

You can't call me an ankle-biter on this one. I responded to the initial posts making COVID jokes. Nothing directed at you. You were the one who took the initial shot at me, making you the ankle biter. Hypocrite once again.

Since page 1 you haven't posted anything relevant to COVID in the thread you created and asked to stay on topic. How about you contribute something meaningful or STFU yourself?
I'm trying not fill it with shit but you keep starting arguments with me. How about you follow your own advice.
Apart from some tedious hit piece about CNN from the twat in the hat you've brought nothing useful to the thread.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:24 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:01 am
Hemo goblin was a pretty weak foil for Peter Parker. His father the Green goblin one was the real bad guy. what are you just going to go through all of Spiderman's enemies until you get to rhinoviruses and realize the rhino was one of Spiderman's most dangerous nemesis?

You don't get it man. This Chinese virus was modelled after ISSUE #324
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:33 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am
Snowed again last night. Weather has been very strange the past few weeks.

I'd love to see how it shakes out with all the CO2 we aren't pumping right now.
When the unpronounceable volcano in Iceland disrupted air travel for a week or so it had a measurable impact on lowering CO2 levels and that was even accounting for the fact the volcano was spitting it out in large amounts. Enough to lower the temperature by one degree they were claiming.
This has to be having a massive effect, with industries shut down and aircraft around the world grounded.
The demand for oil has dropped by 30%.
This could be the first year that actually sees an overall reduction in CO2 output.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 am

Yeah, the weather here has gone for a shit too, back to Canadian Sprinter

Good thing I'm at peak Gran Turismo right now

The weather giving me the excuse I need to play vidya games
Nec Aspera Terrent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 am
I'm trying not fill it with shit but you keep starting arguments with me. How about you follow your own advice.
Apart from some tedious hit piece about CNN from the twat in the hat you've brought nothing useful to the thread.
What kind of mental contortion did you have to make in order to claim CNN is the VICTIM of a hit piece? I guess that kind of logic comes easy for you after years of TDS.

Anyways, here's some on-topic discussion, since you seem to have run out after crying about the bank not wanting to give you money you don't have.

Trump said the other day (Tuesday maybe?) that the US was past the peak. The might be a bit premature and wishful thinking given the numbers of new cases. We're more riding on the peak at the moment. No significant or lasting drop in the numbers yet. We are averaging around 30,000 new cases a day, which is only slightly lower than the record high of 34,000 n April 4th.

It will be interesting to see what happens once restrictions begin to roll back.

The weather is always bipolar this time of year, especially in the northern states. We went from 70 last week to snow flurries this week. Back to 60 this weekend. The satellite images are remarkable with so little movement. I even read that the earth is vibrating less since the lockdowns. Don't think it's having an effect on spring weather though.