Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:28 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:21 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:42 pm
this thread wasnt even about coronavirus, OP started off the thread talking about finance
...as a result of the coronavirus shutdown.
Hey though, if we want to turn it into a thread moaning about it not being a serious coronavirus thread we can do that too. :roll:
...or you know, you could just post coronavirus things in it or STFU.
You could have posted your story in the bugaloo thread or STFU. Instead you started a new thread. Ever the hypocrite.
Talking of hypocrisy, what exactly does this post have to do with the coronavirus?
If you want to keep this thread on topic then provide some on topic material.
/shrugs
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Hey though, if we want to turn it into a thread moaning about it not being a serious coronavirus thread we can do that too. :roll:
You could have posted your story in the bugaloo thread or STFU. Instead you started a new thread. Ever the hypocrite.
Talking of hypocrisy, what exactly does this post have to do with the coronavirus?
/shrugs
ION, I am at peak Gran Turismo right now

The Bugaloo thread has resulted in the ultimate youtube play list to go with the penultimate GT6 rig

Since the ultimate GT6 rig would be the enclosed custom cockpit, there would be no youtube

This is the pinnacle of GT6 because the music is better

Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:59 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:50 pm
They shut down the gym so I have to shower at a truck stop. It's $12 so I shower about every other day. If I get Corona it will be from a truck stop.
How's the new job going?
Really well. I'm killing it on hours. Was noticed early on by management as a hard worker. Should have some nice steady paychecks as long as this keeps up.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:43 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:43 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
They shut down the gym so I have to shower at a truck stop. It's $12 so I shower about every other day. If I get Corona it will be from a truck stop.
How's the new job going?
Really well. I'm killing it on hours. Was noticed early on by management as a hard worker. Should have some nice steady paychecks as long as this keeps up.
Bravo Zulu
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

How's the new job going?
Bravo Zulu
Was ist das?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
How's the new job going?
Is it medical supplies etc or non-coronavirus products that they are distributing?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

Bravo Zulu
Was ist das?
Milspeak

Bravo = "Well" Zulu = "Done"
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

How's the new job going?
Is it medical supplies etc or non-coronavirus products that they are distributing?
It's vaccines from Israel.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:43 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

/shrugs
I did. I asked you why you need an overdraft extension 4 weeks into the apocalypse. You always claims to be above us all, so why weren't you better prepared?

That's not an attack, it's an honest inquiry. It's also a topic you brought up at the start, so you can't claim asking about it is out of bounds.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:55 am

Cross-posting for visibility's sake:

Big Dick Xeno wrote:Someone posted some fear-mongering about COVID19 binding itself to hemoglobin in red blood cells, causing hypoxia. I read a rebuttal:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... gaiziunas/
This claim first appeared on 5 April 2020 on the publishing platform Medium. Written by Andrew Gaiziunas, who has no medical background, the article claims that SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19, binds to hemoglobin inside red blood cells and prevents these cells from carrying oxygen. Although the original article has since been removed from Medium, the claim still continues to circulate in the archived form of the article, which has received more than 1.6 million engagements on Facebook. The basis for the claim can be found in a pre-print of a study uploaded to ChemRxiv[1], which reports the findings of in silico—or computational—analysis of certain SARS-CoV-2 protein sequences, but has not been verified by experimental work in vitro or in vivo.
A Medium article authored by Matthew Amdahl, a clinician-scientist and hemoglobin researcher at the University of Pittsburgh, details the numerous problems with Gaiziunas’ hypothesis. Notably, he pointed out that SARS-CoV-2 is larger than the entire hemoglobin protein, but according to Gaiziunas’ hypothesis, would somehow manage to fit into “a space barely large enough for two-atom molecules like oxygen (O2)” in order to eject iron from hemoglobin and bind to porphyrin:

“To put it charitably, this would be an entirely novel and seemingly impossible sort of chemistry, and there is absolutely no scientific evidence that supports such a possibility. It’s this seemingly impossible interaction that forms the foundation of the blog post’s entire argument, and so the remainder of the conclusions drawn by the blogger simply don’t carry any weight.”