Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:23 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:10 pm
So a new study out of France indicates that when taken early HCQ+AZ does indeed significantly reduce your odds of dying or having complications from the CCP virus.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3920302817
Whether it works or not, unless you’re in the susceptible category, why bother?
Even though it is not as common, this disease does kill healthy young people also. Just because the odds are low of dying, the odds are still fairly high for long term lung damage. Reducing those odds are always good, as well as shortening the period of time in which you are sick, which is important when most people are sick for quite a long time with this virus.

Then there is also the political reason. The left constantly push the false narrative that HCQ does not work and is deadly. We need to call them out for pushing such lies as pushing lies harms the public health, and harms the trust people put in the leftist media.
I don't think that's been a lefty thing, so much as the pharmaceutical lobby. They've done everything possible to suppress alternative cures until they could flop testing their more expensive drugs.

I wonder how many deaths Gilead should be blamed for by now...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:22 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

Even though it is not as common, this disease does kill healthy young people also. Just because the odds are low of dying, the odds are still fairly high for long term lung damage. Reducing those odds are always good, as well as shortening the period of time in which you are sick, which is important when most people are sick for quite a long time with this virus.

Then there is also the political reason. The left constantly push the false narrative that HCQ does not work and is deadly. We need to call them out for pushing such lies as pushing lies harms the public health, and harms the trust people put in the leftist media.
I don't think that's been a lefty thing, so much as the pharmaceutical lobby. They've done everything possible to suppress alternative cures until they could flop testing their more expensive drugs.

Blame Fauci as well.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:33 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:10 pm
My strategy is to get a little fame then parley that.
1) My writing
2) This forum
3) FB

I actually don’t know where to go from FB? I’ve tried YouTube multiple times, and Twitter requires Followers; I’m not famous enough for that.
It's the right idea. Fame is just a biproduct though. You need to be known by the right people. What you want is a good network.
The problem with this forum is that it is too closed of. Not enough eyeballs.
Have you looked at Mastodon? We could set up our own network and be part of the federation.
https://joinmastodon.org/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

I don't disagree, I have no doubt they played a major role in the push. At the same time, from what I saw, the news sources that were falling in like with the pharmaceutical lobby were primarily left leaning, while the right leaning ones were more open to the idea of other options.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm

The Hill on 30Jun20 at 1900:
DeSantis says Florida 'not going back' on reopening as COVID-19 cases surge
This is posted after the number of new cases drops by about a third over the last three days. California on the other hand with their constant lockdown since March has seen a steady climb since the same time Florida experienced the surge (around 10 Jun 20). Funny, Florida and its governor is making front line news every day because they refuse to lock back down and kill their economy yet California has been "spiking" with new cases since mid-June and a death rate that matches Florida and hardly a peep with the MSM.

And does anyone really believe the epicenter, New York, is down to single-digit deaths and less than 400 new cases daily?

The Coup failed to remove POTUS
Russiagate failed to remove POTUS
COVID failed to remove POTUS
Economy destroyed failed to remove POTUS
BLM and mass protests failed to remove POTUS

So we are back to COVID scares and calls for national lockdowns.

If anyone can't see what D's strategies are for 2020 elections then I don't know how to make it more obvious.
Yes, COVID is real, it is a dangerous bug but the D's role in using it and racial tensions to destroy a nation in hopes of securing an election is nuts.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:10 am

COVID is real and it's accelerating.

Over 200,000 new cases worldwide yesterday, which is a record high.
Over 57,000 in the US, also a record high.

The deaths have not seen a jump yet, probably due to the demographics of those getting infected now. Younger people are the ones mostly getting it. Even if they don't die though, they can end up with chronic health issues as a result of it. Things like lung damage, phantom pains, cognitive issues.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:49 am

I think a lot of that is that they’ve quietly started using oxygen therapy instead of ventilators. Those things are deadly.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:49 am
I think a lot of that is that they’ve quietly started using oxygen therapy instead of ventilators. Those things are deadly.
Why do you think I recovered without incident? Nebulizer work.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:56 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Why do you think I recovered without incident? Nebulizer work.
Recovered from what exactly? Were you ever tested or are you assuming you had COVID?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:57 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
I think that is a good choice. In New York they said like 90% of those who went on vents died.