The Good News Thread

Smitty-48

Re: The Good News Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:37 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:32 pm
As a warrior I always think of logistics so I was prepared for this a week or so in advance of what was coming.
:salutes:

Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:25 am

Good news: Daralon did not catch the covfefe virus working in the Publix produce section. It's just a case of Hep C he got at the truck stop on I-4 he passes on the way home. It should not be contagious unless you engage in homo activities with him at the truck stop.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 am

OMFG real deal Spring has sprung today

Not a cloud in the sky, sunshine warming it all up at high noon

Yet no humidity and no bugs
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:55 am

Still not planting day, though. I have my seedlings sitting out on the garden porch and will move them in around sunset.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Oh fuck yeah

So sunny and warm I've switched to shorts and sandals

First shorts day of the year

Sweet

Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:55 am
Still not planting day, though. I have my seedlings sitting out on the garden porch and will move them in around sunset.
We are anxiously awaiting it too. Can’t even till/plow until we dry out.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 am

Well, I prodded drtrech again and he replied this morning.
He's well and being paid to stay at home so apart from the long list of things that need doing that his wife has given him he's happy.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:22 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:55 am
We are anxiously awaiting it too. Can’t even till/plow until we dry out.
She is supposed to be wet and then you plow. I know you lack familiarity but damn dude.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:02 pm

Potential Good News, we've learned a lot about Coronavirus in the last several days.
The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia. All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. Patients returning for re-hospitalization days or weeks after recovery suffering from apparent delayed post-hypoxic leukoencephalopathy strengthen the notion COVID-19 patients are suffering from hypoxia despite no signs of respiratory ‘tire out’ or fatigue.
http://web.archive.org/web/202004050614 ... 182386efcb
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:49 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:02 pm
Potential Good News, we've learned a lot about Coronavirus in the last several days.
The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia. All the damage to the lungs you see in CT scans are from the release of oxidative iron from the hemes, this overwhelms the natural defenses against pulmonary oxidative stress and causes that nice, always-bilateral ground glass opacity in the lungs. Patients returning for re-hospitalization days or weeks after recovery suffering from apparent delayed post-hypoxic leukoencephalopathy strengthen the notion COVID-19 patients are suffering from hypoxia despite no signs of respiratory ‘tire out’ or fatigue.
http://web.archive.org/web/202004050614 ... 182386efcb
Sounds bad man.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck