Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:39 pm
Lock Down.jpg
Like a boss, American Gods
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Re: An apology

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:52 pm

Funny old night at the pub tonight. Busiest evening for food in a couple of weeks. Boris has ordered all pubs, cafes and restaurants to close down from tomorrow.
Lots of people in the bar partying like the end of the world starts tomorrow.
I didn't stop for a drink after work, if them fools want to cough all over each other that's up to them but I wasn't going to come out of my nice clean kitchen.
Sad for the landlord, he's been there 15 years. He was planning to retire after Easter anyway but he would have prefered to go out on his own terms.
I was kinda pleased for him that there was a bit of a party atmosphere but these people just weren't taking it seriously. I guess it's because it hasn't hit out here in the sticks yet.
It will be a shame if the pub goes under, it's a 16th century building. Used to be part of the local estate, the large oak beam going through the kitchen ceiling is full of big hooks where they used to hang the game. Been an inn for at least a couple of centuries, maybe more.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:06 pm

It must be amazing to have a connection to history like that.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Lots of the pubs out here are that sort of age. I've worked in places that go back to the 13th century. There's one place on the coast in Southwold where the flagstone floor has worn into ruts where centuries of people have worn them down.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:14 pm

There is the Alamo here. It's pretty old. One of you feckers decided it would be cool to piss on our history.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Monte, they are not going to shut down grocery stores here in America. That's not even on the table. So far, this has killed 290 Americans. America has the lowest mortality rate so far from what I can tell. I say this with complete seriousness. I am disgusted with my countrymen. We have become fucking pussies. We have allowed ourselves to get manipulated by the lying media. We have allowed the government to restrict our commerce, movement, and freedoms, and we have created a self fulfilling prophecy by panicking over frivolous shit. Smitty has said America is a religion. So is economics. Humans are bad at threat analysis. You see this with gun grabbers, drug warriors, and many other groups. We took what should have been a run of the mill illness and made it into the book of Revelation.

My boss is a weirdo germaphobe. His autism is weaponized. If you get within 12 feet of him he freaks out and starts screaming. He yelled at me when I got within his asperger trigger perimeter and said "I don't want to die!" with complete earnestness. This is a guy who works retail (a germaphobe in retail is like being a surgeon who faints at the sight of blood).This girl at my work today was crying. She is saying that if these suppply chains go down, we could get invaded. Lol. I have been reading numerous accounts of Americans and British soldiers in WW2. They fought with malaria, dysentary, and god knows what else driving tanks, and sitting in mud filled puddles in the searing heat and freezing cold. They often had to shit in their pants and leave it there because they couldn't risk moving. This is nothing. We live in a padded room angel food cake existence. It truly depresses me that Americans are so soft and faggoty today. You are still more likely to die in traffic driving to the grocery store than over this. Hell, you are more likely to die falling off a ladder. It is sickening to me how weak and stupid we all have been over the last 3 months.

You have nothing to apologize for. Frankly, you should apologize for apologizing.

I really fucking hate this country right now. I would rather have hospitals turn down sick people (which they should anyway) then live in a police state like this. If you go to hospital for Kung Flu you are a bad joke and a waste of a bed. If this thing kills 100,000 by years end it will be 16-25% as deadly as the regular flu.

We have cut our global balls off for 13,000 deaths.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:30 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:19 pm
Monte, they are not going to shut down grocery stores here in America. That's not even on the table. So far, this has killed 290 Americans. America has the lowest mortality rate so far from what I can tell. I say this with complete seriousness. I am disgusted with my countrymen. We have become fucking pussies. We have allowed ourselves to get manipulated by the lying media. We have allowed the government to restrict our commerce, movement, and freedoms, and we have created a self fulfilling prophecy by panicking over frivolous shit. Smitty has said America is a religion. So is economics. Humans are bad at threat analysis. You see this with gun grabbers, drug warriors, and many other groups. We took what should have been a run of the mill illness and made it into the book of Revelation.

My boss is a weirdo germaphobe. His autism is weaponized. If you get within 12 feet of him he freaks out and starts screaming. He yelled at me when I got within his asperger trigger perimeter and said "I don't want to die!" with complete earnestness. This is a guy who works retail (a germaphobe in retail is like being a surgeon who faints at the sight of blood).This girl at my work today was crying. She is saying that if these suppply chains go down, we could get invaded. Lol. I have been reading numerous accounts of Americans and British soldiers in WW2. They fought with malaria, dysentary, and god knows what else driving tanks, and sitting in mud filled puddles in the searing heat and freezing cold. They often had to shit in their pants and leave it there because they couldn't risk moving. This is nothing. We live in a padded room angel food cake existence. It truly depresses me that Americans are so soft and faggoty today. You are still more likely to die in traffic driving to the grocery store than over this. Hell, you are more likely to die falling off a ladder. It is sickening to me how weak and stupid we all have been over the last 3 months.

You have nothing to apologize for. Frankly, you should apologize for apologizing.

I really fucking hate this country right now. I would rather have hospitals turn down sick people (which they should anyway) then live in a police state like this. If you go to hospital for Kung Flu you are a bad joke and a waste of a bed. If this thing kills 100,000 by years end it will be 16-25% as deadly as the regular flu.
I'm aware that the supply chains aren't yet breaking down (we do import half our food though) but still the shelves are empty.
People are selfish fucking scumbags who will panic buy at the drop of a hat though.
I just wanted to draw a distinction between preppers like StA and scumbag panic buyers.
If I find out that he's got more than 12 bog rolls I'll withdraw my apology.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:30 pm

I just wanted to draw a distinction between preppers like StA and scumbag panic buyers.
The panic buyers around here were not scum, they just panicked, the government pretty much told them to

It was basically just parents, it was a mob of panicking moms and dads
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Also, pet supplies is the new toilet paper

Dog owners are starting to panic about their dogs

I was way ahead of that curve, Crazy Dog Lady knows
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:34 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:30 pm

The panic buyers around here were not scum, they just panicked, the government pretty much told them to
Our government and media have been telling everyone not to panic buy from day one. Within a week from the story breaking, you couldn't buy a bog roll for love nor money and now the hard-working healthcare workers who are putting their lives on the line for us can't even buy a bag of potatoes or a loaf of bread.
Did you watch that video of the nurse who had just finished a 48 hour shift and was crying because she couldn't buy a meal? Yet we are seeing pictures of tons of rotting vegetables at the refuse sites because scumbags bought more food than they could possibly eat.
To the fucking lamp posts for anyone with more than their fair share...
Carlus Magnus knows.
Don't they know there's a war on?
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.