The Ethics of Food Hoarding

heydaralon

The Ethics of Food Hoarding

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Bryan Singer got me into the idea of Utilitatianism.

Ethically speaking, it is never moral to hoard food, because the logic behind such preparations is that your life, or the life of your family is more important that the lives of others.

Lets unpack this selfishness. The human body can survive on less than 4 grams of rice per day. If you hoarded 50 pounds of rice, or even five pounds, you could live reasonably well for several weeks.

The problem is, many people will be dying around you. African Americans, especially low income ones, and deaf people or people who do not speak English will have trouble getting food needed for survival, due to systemic racism in this country. My dad witnessed some of this racism when he tried to save an African American daycare center on the 86th floor of the World Trade Center North Tower. The Fire Department allegedly said to him, "Don't worry about the blacks, try to save white Christian stockbrokers." This shit happens every day.

There is a finite amount of wealth on this Earth. You cannot create new wealth. Believe me, I've tried.

So if you hoard food you are effectively denying it to others. Food is scarce, as is compassion.

These greedy "survivalist" hoarders often crow about "white genocide" but they can stop genocide in their own towns by giving rice to local foodbanks or to Churches. The thought never crossed their mind, because selfishness has created a traffic jam at every mental intersection.

There is always someone worse off then you. Maybe it is someone you talk to on the forum. Maybe this person doesn't need rice, but does need money. Central Florida was hit hard by the housing crisis. Maybe this person lives there. Do you know anyone like that in your life? I don't know off the top of my head, because I am too busy helping people to consider it.

Don't be a piece of shit. When you hoard rice, you are actively decided that no lives matter but your own. I'm surprised these folks can hear anything with the overpowering low frequency Jim Crow dogwhistle going off in their auditory canals nonstop.

You've had your share. How about letting other folks eat at the trough?
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Re: The Ethics of Food Hoarding

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:59 pm

I'll share my rice with you bro

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 pm

People are hoarding dogs too.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 pm

And blowjobs.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:28 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 pm
Bryan Singer got me into the idea of Utilitatianism.

Ethically speaking, it is never moral to hoard food, because the logic behind such preparations is that your life, or the life of your family is more important that the lives of others.

Lets unpack this selfishness. The human body can survive on less than 4 grams of rice per day. If you hoarded 50 pounds of rice, or even five pounds, you could live reasonably well for several weeks.

The problem is, many people will be dying around you. African Americans, especially low income ones, and deaf people or people who do not speak English will have trouble getting food needed for survival, due to systemic racism in this country. My dad witnessed some of this racism when he tried to save an African American daycare center on the 86th floor of the World Trade Center North Tower. The Fire Department allegedly said to him, "Don't worry about the blacks, try to save white Christian stockbrokers." This shit happens every day.

There is a finite amount of wealth on this Earth. You cannot create new wealth. Believe me, I've tried.

So if you hoard food you are effectively denying it to others. Food is scarce, as is compassion.

These greedy "survivalist" hoarders often crow about "white genocide" but they can stop genocide in their own towns by giving rice to local foodbanks or to Churches. The thought never crossed their mind, because selfishness has created a traffic jam at every mental intersection.

There is always someone worse off then you. Maybe it is someone you talk to on the forum. Maybe this person doesn't need rice, but does need money. Central Florida was hit hard by the housing crisis. Maybe this person lives there. Do you know anyone like that in your life? I don't know off the top of my head, because I am too busy helping people to consider it.

Don't be a piece of shit. When you hoard rice, you are actively decided that no lives matter but your own. I'm surprised these folks can hear anything with the overpowering low frequency Jim Crow dogwhistle going off in their auditory canals nonstop.

You've had your share. How about letting other folks eat at the trough?
Now now HD. I think you need to show a bit of charity here. Hoarding is a recognised mental illness. They have TV programmes devoted to helping these poor people. Some of them even hoard their own bodily fluids.

Another thing, I find your new signature pic offensive. Those plastic disposable plates are out of order and I think you need to take it down.
What next? Plastic fucking straws?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:00 am

Guessing this is an ironic thread. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:07 am

Non-hoarders are feeling a bit insecure right now and are lashing out. I’m comfortably surrounded by cases of Top Ramen so my psyche is fine.

p.s. I have so much TP that I made a small cottage out of it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:10 am

I'm surrounded by full freezers and ample wildlife.
I don't fear starvation or the horrors of running out of bog roll.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:15 am

Once the TP runs out I shall use copies of the Daily Mail or the neck of a swan.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:58 am

I’ve always wondered: does a bear shit in the woods?