Wuhan flu is actually very fake and gay

Montegriffo

Re: Wuhan flu is actually very fake and gay

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:42 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:33 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:04 pm
A lot of that going around. There is some spoopy shit about this virus I see almost nobody bring up usually.
Care to elaborate about spoopyness?
Not being a supreme meme master like Nuke I had to look up Spoopy. I thought at first that it was just one of his regular typos...
"Spoopy" is an Internet slang word used to describe something that is comical and spooky at the same time. Originally seen on a photograph of a misspelled Halloween sign, the term is also closely associated with another slang word 2Spooky on the microblogging site Tumblr.
Origin

On October 15th, 2009, Flickr[1] user Mike Woodridge uploaded a photo of a Halloween sign with the word "Spoopy" written in a skeleton-style font (shown below).
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:07 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:33 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:04 pm
A lot of that going around. There is some spoopy shit about this virus I see almost nobody bring up usually.
Care to elaborate about spoopyness?
Well for one, I haven't heard of anyone testing clear after being infected. Last I heard people were testing clear and weeks later there were viral loads in fecal samples. Then, there are cases it seems where the virus is able to permeate the blood brain barrier and cause encephalitis but not just that, it seems like it is able to hide out in the nervous system. If that's the case, you might test clear only to have it flare up again years down the road. We don't know the long term effects of this virus.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 am

All that on top of the 14% reinfection rate China is reporting. Are they catching new strains? Is it flare ups of the same one? Is the body even able to fight off any strain of it?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:53 am

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 am

We need to get the anti-body testing ramped up, so we can find out how many people already had the virus, recovered and now have immunity to it. Until then, we are flying blind and the mortality rates are going to look way higher than they actually are. There is a new study out of Oxford that says it's possible up to half of the UK has already been infected, didn't notice, and have become immune already, and the mortality rate could actually be as low or lower than the seasonal flu, and the UK's herd immunity strategy that they originally employed, was the way to go, not "flattening the curve".

If this Oxford study is even close to right, then even I'm being a total SIFCLF about Coronavirus, and Nukedog had this right from the beginning, fake and gay. My confirmation bias of course wants that study to be right, so I'm keeping that in mind, but like I said, until we seriously ramp up the anti-body testing, we won't know for sure, one way or the other.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:39 am

I don't really care what the statistical death rate is, I know it could kill me easily

It's also not safe for Mrs Smitty even if she is not in as much danger, so that's the red line right thur

She is scared of it, and she don't scare easy, when Mrs Smitty is afraid, Smitty goes to war
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:39 am
I don't really care what the statistical death rate is, I know it could kill me easily

It's also not safe for Mrs Smitty even if she is not in as much danger, so that's the red line right thur

She is scared of it, and she don't scare easy, when Mrs Smitty is afraid, Smitty goes to war
If the flu is more lethal, which is a possibility according to some medical experts, then taking way more precautions for it than with flu makes little sense, and the governments current overreaction is even funnier than I thought it was.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

If the flu is more lethal, then taking more precautions for it than with flu makes little sense.
Your constant chirruping about it makes no sense, you are outvoted by many orders of magnitude

I am mobilized for war by order of the Commander-in-Chief herself, nothing else matters
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 am
StCapps wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

If the flu is more lethal, then taking more precautions for it than with flu makes little sense.
Your constant chirruping about it makes no sense, you are outvoted by many orders of magnitude

I am mobilized for war by order of the Commander-in-Chief herself, nothing else matters
Whatever. The SIFCLFs outvoting me doesn't mean they ain't getting chirped for it, if they are butthurt about it, I don't give a shit. Hell if these Oxford folks are right, then I'm being a total SIFCLF.
*yip*