2020 General Election Predictions

clubgop

Re: 2020 General Election Predictions

Post by clubgop » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 pm
clubgop wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:40 pm
Throw it all away, it all means nothing completely new ballgame as of now we are going off. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. We about to get real here.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... urg-034990
you too?? Somehow didn't expect you to get swept up in hysteria.
From a cold hard numbers standpoint maybe not much, but for hacks it turn the temperature way up. Biden's Basement strategy is going out the window, they can't hide him any more. He cant show to one sparsely attended rally speak for 11 mins leave and not take press questions. That is not going to cut it anymore.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:04 pm

clubgop wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:40 pm
Throw it all away, it all means nothing completely new ballgame as of now we are going off. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. We about to get real here.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... urg-034990
From a cold hard numbers standpoint maybe not much, but for hacks it turn the temperature way up. Biden's Basement strategy is going out the window, they can't hide him any more. He cant show to one sparsely attended rally speak for 11 mins leave and not take press questions. That is not going to cut it anymore.
And how is this a bad thing for your team?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:04 pm
clubgop wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

And how is this a bad thing for your team?
I didn't say it was. Democrats still had an enthusiasm gap to overcome. This may boost that, it may not. Just because Zlaxers hair is on fire doesn't mean my choas detection portends bad things for my team.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 pm

RBG's demise now is putting the DNC in a real pickle. Do they push to wait for a possible Biden win, thus infuriating Trump supporters to come out in larger numbers Nov 3? Or do they allow Trump's pick to go through thus infuriating their supporters who will come out in an FU vote to the GOP to try and retake the Senate (not happening) and execute the "pack the SCOTUS" plan? The threat of that is already energizing the GOP supporters to get their already enthused base out even more.

Basically RBG's death now instead of retiring when Obama could have picked her successor really, REALLY, fucked the DNC. She stayed because she believed the polls. The fool.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 pm
RBG's demise now is putting the DNC in a real pickle. Do they push to wait for a possible Biden win, thus infuriating Trump supporters to come out in larger numbers Nov 3? Or do they allow Trump's pick to go through thus infuriating their supporters who will come out in an FU vote to the GOP to try and retake the Senate (not happening) and execute the "pack the SCOTUS" plan? The threat of that is already energizing the GOP supporters to get their already enthused base out even more.

Basically RBG's death now instead of retiring when Obama could have picked her successor really, REALLY, fucked the DNC. She stayed because she believed the polls. The fool.
+1

She wanted to help Hillary pick her replacement. They probably had it all designed.

You Fucked Up, now look at ya
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Just saw this on Twitter (only took part of their comment):

"I actually believe delaying a selection plays into another Trump victory. What is most important? A SCOTUS pick or removing Trump? I think it will come down to that for many GOPers."

The first response to that:

"Had the same thought earlier. I'm afraid this will motivate GOP even more, especially those who might have finally had enough & decided NOT to vote. This might change their mind."

It's already starting.....RBG may have given fence sitters the motivation to guarantee the GOP win. Not a vote for Trump, but a vote for a conservative SCOTUS seat.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:08 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:51 pm
Just saw this on Twitter (only took part of their comment):

"I actually believe delaying a selection plays into another Trump victory. What is most important? A SCOTUS pick or removing Trump? I think it will come down to that for many GOPers."

The first response to that:

"Had the same thought earlier. I'm afraid this will motivate GOP even more, especially those who might have finally had enough & decided NOT to vote. This might change their mind."

It's already starting.....RBG may have given fence sitters the motivation to guarantee the GOP win. Not a vote for Trump, but a vote for a conservative SCOTUS seat.
It's a good strategy.
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. I believe the party in power (Trump currently) generally get their nominee through in these situations.

Trump is going to win the election anyway. But I hate being threatened by riots if we do something they don't like.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:09 pm

Oh, BTW.

The Firemans Prophecy from 2011 says Trump will put 5 Justices on the SCOTUS.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Trump winning Catholics, not by much, 1 point. But that's pretty astonishing considering Biden is Catholic and half of Catholics are willing to forgo voting for what might be only the 2nd Catholic POTUS.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ionalists/
PLATA O PLOMO

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 pm
AverageJoe wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 pm

+1

She wanted to help Hillary pick her replacement. They probably had it all designed.

You Fucked Up, now look at ya
Nah, this was it, imagine your entire life's work reaching the pinnacle of exactly where you want to be and a bunch of people who think religion and faith is silly but worship you like a fucking God. Theres no term, no retirement age, no election, a real honest lifetime appointment. No one is just going to give that up. She was going to go until she didn't want too anymore, until she was done. She was never going to have a term begin and think to herself I wish I could go back. I think Scalia was the same way. She stayed because she was never going to live one day of her life not being "The Notorious RBG." She was never going to pick her replacement or have any say it. If anyone here watches wrestling, it was kayfabe. RBG was kayfabe.