SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

heydaralon

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Just get rid of all your food. Problem solved.

You guys are a bunch of babies real talk.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:59 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 am
I look forward to this Summer's "guys, I am running out of food for the lock down and might have to call the authorities to take me to the FEMA camp. What do I do?" post.

SARS-CoV-2 is now endemic in South Korea, Japan, Iran, Lebanon, and Italy. The CDC is not even testing people with symptoms if they don't have recent contact with known infected or recent travel to China, so they aren't even looking for community spread right now. States are declaring information state secrets. Markets are being flooded with capital from central banks to keep this shit show running, but the last ships from China arrive this week and then we are burning through what is in our domestic distribution centers before shit starts becoming scarce.

Hope this thing gets contained, but don't count on it. For fuck sake don't be so stupid.
It's way too late at this point. They would have had to shut down *all* air travel, worldwide, 4-6 weeks ago, to have any hope of containing this.

I almost laughed at an article saying there were "no cases" of it in Indonesia... And then like the next paragraph said that other than maybe Jakarta there were no hospitals that had the facilities to even properly identify it. And oh yeah, they get several million visitors from China every year. I mean seriously "it's not here... Even though we can't really test whether it is anyways" makes me think it's rampant there by now.

Now it's possibly endemic in Iran, it's reached Egypt.... My guess is cases in "the west" will start to appear and accelerate in the next several weeks. It's already here, just with a 2-3 week incubation, where it may be transmissible too, its spreading around before it explodes... It will NOT be contained.

Yesterday, CDC officials warned that we should prepare for drastic lock downs like we see in China. Italian local governments have already begun ordering infected towns in lock down.

Would be nice to have food and not starve like reports of people in China.

There will likely be a mad rush for supplies, empty shelves, and then rationing if this comes here.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:15 pm

My cupboard is bare. I ain't buying shit. If worse comes to worst, Speaker has told me he will take care of me if I get sick. He is willing to let me stay in his house and he will help feed me and wash me. Why would I worry about the Coronavirus when I have friends like that?
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:17 pm

It goes back to my general point about rule by merchant class cunts. The managerial elite decided the global economy was too important to shut everything down for a month or two in the context of international travel, and now they are facing a global economic catastrophe. I am sure these middle manager overlords will figure it out now that they helped facilitate a pandemic.. :roll:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:17 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:15 pm
My cupboard is bare. I ain't buying shit. If worse comes to worst, Speaker has told me he will take care of me if I get sick. He is willing to let me stay in his house and he will help feed me and wash me. Why would I worry about the Coronavirus when I have friends like that?
You are going to land in a FEMA camp if your parents don't have any more sense than you do.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:17 pm
It goes back to my general point about rule by merchant class cunts. The managerial elite decided the global economy was too important to shut everything down for a month or two in the context of international travel, and now they are facing a global economic catastrophe. I am sure these middle manager overlords will figure it out now that they helped facilitate a pandemic.. :roll:
Middle managers always figure out how they fucked everything up. It’s the interns fault.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Look at the Italian data. China was obviously not forthright about how dangerous this is.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Its not dangerous dude. AIDS is dangerous if you are having unprotected gay sex with like 100 guys per week. Corona is dangerous if you are old and weak and stupid enough to go on a cruise to a place with a viral outbreak. Even then, you only got a 2 percent chance of dying. Whoop dee Do.

A car is dangerous if you crash it into a semi truck going 90. Just don't do that. Don't be dumb.

Its easy, not hard.

This just isn't a big deal. I mean it is, but only compared to say making sure to tivo The View or NCIS New Orleans. You need to get a grip. In like a month you are going to see how silly all this was.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:24 pm

Well, there are only a few hours left in the week and that might make the dumbest thing I have read for the week.

This thing shows similar severity as the Spanish Flu pandemic, and there is a pretty good chance we are going to be locked down just like China and now parts of Italy.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:51 pm

I still think this is a fake and gay virus but I'm trying to stock up a little on sardines regardless.