SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Speaker to Animals

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 am

10% of the world's population is now under that Chinese quarantine.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 am
Xenophon wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 am
All of this stuff is very frightening to me, so I'm glad you guys can make me laugh about it, despite the impending doom. As a father with two kids and one on the way, I'm very nervous. Also, both kids are getting over flu A.
With respect to this..
The infection appears less severe in children

Very few children have been infected with the new coronavirus. And those who test positively for COVID-19 seem to experience milder symptoms compared to older people.

A reportTrusted Source published in JAMA last week found that most people infected with the coronavirus were between 49 to 56 years old.

Most of the patients also had an underlying illness, so the severity of the disease may depend on the person’s overall health leading up to the infection.

“We also know that in those reported who are infected, many have chronic medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease,” Sevilla said.

It’s still too early to say if children do in fact have a lower risk, but we have seen this phenomenon with other infectious diseases.

For example, children under 12Trusted Source who were diagnosed with SARS experienced milder symptoms and fewer hospitalizations compared to adults.

Children diagnosed with Middle East respiratory syndromeTrusted Source (MERS) also had a lower mortality rate than adults, and generally experienced milder symptoms.

One paperTrusted Source evaluating MERS found that children with comorbidities experienced more severe respiratory symptoms compared to the children who were healthy.

We’re still in the very early stages of researching the new coronavirus. Until we have more evidence, no definite conclusions can be made about how the new coronavirus plays out in pregnant women and children.

“The situation with regards to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 illness is constantly changing, and we are learning more every day,” Sevilla said.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... n-children

Hopefully that helps.
Thanks man. :)

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:34 am

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 am
Can you keep it in your joke thread? Seriously.
Humour is the best vaccination against the illness of scare stories about 700 million dead or conspiracy theories about biological warfare.
Treating this seriously works both ways.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:34 am
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 am
Can you keep it in your joke thread? Seriously.
Humour is the best vaccination against the illness of scare stories about 700 million dead or conspiracy theories about biological warfare.
Treating this seriously works both ways.
Jesus Christ. Fuck you. This spamming is fucking ridiculous.

This is why nobody is civil with you.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:36 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:06 am
We are out of food, and down to one cat.
:lol: :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:37 am

I really don't see the point of this forum. Later.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:42 am

This pandemic may take our pensioners but we must not allow it to take our sense of humour.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am

So are we supposed to put the serious talk in the shit post thread since the serious thread has turned into the shit post thread thanks to Dairy and Monte?

The CE forum was actually starting to improve a bit with people having real discussions and posting useful links and information. I appreciate all the non-msm links with real information that posters like STA contributed.

So now Monte, the one who had a baby tantrum about me not making useful contributions a couple weeks back is now posting nothing but lame shit posts. What a POS.

According to Monte we must keep our humor. Ok, how about this? Monte hopes it spreads to the UK so he can trick all the little boys into being quarantined at his place for a few weeks.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am
So are we supposed to put the serious talk in the shit post thread since the serious thread has turned into the shit post thread thanks to Dairy and Monte?

The CE forum was actually starting to improve a bit with people having real discussions and posting useful links and information. I appreciate all the non-msm links with real information that posters like STA contributed.

So now Monte, the one who had a baby tantrum about me not making useful contributions a couple weeks back is now posting nothing but lame shit posts. What a POS.

According to Monte we must keep our humor. Ok, how about this? Monte hopes it spreads to the UK so he can trick all the little boys into being quarantined at his place for a few weeks.
Dude 60% of us are gonna be dead by weds from coronavirus. What is the point of anything? What is the point of this thread? Just leave me alone dude.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:55 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am

Dude 60% of us are gonna be dead by weds from coronavirus. What is the point of anything? What is the point of this thread? Just leave me alone dude.
Don't take it personally, he's been a bit cranky since his Asian gay cruise line business went broke.