SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

heydaralon

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:07 am

I don't have any food and the army is barricading up my house. They have gasmasks. What is going on? I have no food! Send help. There are 2 cats inside with me. HELP!
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:09 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:07 am
I don't have any food and the army is barricading up my house. They have gasmasks. What is going on? I have no food! Send help. There are 2 cats inside with me. HELP!
Which is it, you have no food or you have 2 cats?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:29 am

If you are use to going to the "market" everyday the store etc. and then you can't except once or twice a week then thats one thing , but really they should deliver food to each household. Its a logistical nightmare for just one city of 5 million or one countryside/rural area of like 200K. Think about doing that for 1.5 billion people across a huge country! Or hell trying to do that with 340 million Americans in our huge country.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 am

All of this stuff is very frightening to me, so I'm glad you guys can make me laugh about it, despite the impending doom. As a father with two kids and one on the way, I'm very nervous. Also, both kids are getting over flu A.

Why can't the Chinese wash their hands?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:06 am

There are puddles of shit in the street. The army is rounding up people and shooting them. They are putting the bodies on large piles of brush and tires and burning them.No one is allowed to leave their house. We are out of food, and down to one cat. Please send food! Please help. I didn't buy one of those big 60 pound bags of rice from Wal Mart. What was I thinking? Why didn't I buy the big Basmati bag of rice? Pray for me! Help!
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:09 am

Dude, fuck off. Don't you have a second coronavirus to post stupid shit in?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:09 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 am

Why can't the Chinese wash their hands?
It's just their culture. Most of them never wash their hands with soap. If they wash at all, they just run them under some water to get the dirt off. It's really a disgusting culture.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:12 am

CDC just said that the Coronavirus travels via soap. I repeat, do not wash your hands because the virus is in the soap. The virus is like a serial killer. It only kills people when they are by themselves alone in their houses. Get to a public place like an airport or cruise ship now. The virus will not follow you. Stay away from soap dispensers! Hurry!
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 am

Can you keep it in your joke thread? Seriously.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 am
All of this stuff is very frightening to me, so I'm glad you guys can make me laugh about it, despite the impending doom. As a father with two kids and one on the way, I'm very nervous. Also, both kids are getting over flu A.
With respect to this..
The infection appears less severe in children

Very few children have been infected with the new coronavirus. And those who test positively for COVID-19 seem to experience milder symptoms compared to older people.

A reportTrusted Source published in JAMA last week found that most people infected with the coronavirus were between 49 to 56 years old.

Most of the patients also had an underlying illness, so the severity of the disease may depend on the person’s overall health leading up to the infection.

“We also know that in those reported who are infected, many have chronic medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease,” Sevilla said.

It’s still too early to say if children do in fact have a lower risk, but we have seen this phenomenon with other infectious diseases.

For example, children under 12Trusted Source who were diagnosed with SARS experienced milder symptoms and fewer hospitalizations compared to adults.

Children diagnosed with Middle East respiratory syndromeTrusted Source (MERS) also had a lower mortality rate than adults, and generally experienced milder symptoms.

One paperTrusted Source evaluating MERS found that children with comorbidities experienced more severe respiratory symptoms compared to the children who were healthy.

We’re still in the very early stages of researching the new coronavirus. Until we have more evidence, no definite conclusions can be made about how the new coronavirus plays out in pregnant women and children.

“The situation with regards to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 illness is constantly changing, and we are learning more every day,” Sevilla said.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... n-children

Hopefully that helps.