SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Speaker to Animals

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:53 pm

First confirmed case in Africa.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Incubation of 3 days, may remain asymptomatic for up to 24 days. We are fucked, and that is most definitely a bio weapon.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/hubei- ... rt-attacks

On the upside, it appears to affect Asians more than Europeans. :think:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:34 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pm
Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:06 pm

That’s freshman philosophy dude.

Now ask yourself whether it’s a corrupted motive to give in order to receive good feels. Or if it’s selfish to sacrifice for your offspring.
Dude? Really? Debate here involves the word dude? Sigh. Anyhow...

If I understand you correctly yes and yes, but your syntax is messy.

I have kids. I made them because it was good to fuck and also to pass on my genes so I can live forever. That I like them is a bonus.
I’m of the generation in which dude became a pronoun, verb, and adjective lol

We’re not exactly writing thesis statements here.
Yeah, I am sort of getting that from you. You have one blog you post over and over and over and over. But hey, yell enough and someone might hear.

And don’t talk to me like I’m a bitch. Talk to me and we both might learn something. Talk down to me then I will poke you in the eye and hope you die blinking
Carlin delenda est

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:34 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pm
Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Dude? Really? Debate here involves the word dude? Sigh. Anyhow...

If I understand you correctly yes and yes, but your syntax is messy.

I have kids. I made them because it was good to fuck and also to pass on my genes so I can live forever. That I like them is a bonus.
I’m of the generation in which dude became a pronoun, verb, and adjective lol

We’re not exactly writing thesis statements here.
Yeah, I am sort of getting that from you. You have one blog you post over and over and over and over. But hey, yell enough and someone might hear.

And don’t talk to me like I’m a bitch. Talk to me and we both might learn something. Talk down to me then I will poke you in the eye and hope you die blinking
Most of the stuff I follow wouldn’t interest the folks still hanging around here.

I addressed you as I would anyone in a casual conversation. If that’s too offensive for your taste, then you should find a safe space and tell your feelings to a blankie. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Heh. Look at you. All grown up and walking and stuff. I like you. You remind me of me when I was 3.
Carlin delenda est

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:52 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Some of the complications from this disease coming out.. you really don't want to catch this at all. First time might not be bad, but your chances of severe outcomes the second time around go up significantly. That Russian propaganda article just linked takes this out of proportion, but you definitely want to do everything possible to avoid catching it until we get a vaccine.

Not all bad news, though.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:08 am

On recent recovery cases:

US: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/c ... y/2220027/

Russia: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/02/ ... rus-a69249

UK: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/11/euro ... index.html

And generally:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/he ... -toll-2020
Of those who contracted the infection, 427 have died, giving it a fatality rate of 2.07 percent

The fatality rate is nearly three percent higher in the city of Wuhan in Hubei province, where the virus originated, which has a rate of 4.9 percent.

Excepting cases in Hubei, the mortality rate drops down to 0.16 percent, bringing it much closer to the flu.
A separate tracker from coronavirus.app revealed 701 people have recovered from the disease, assigning it a recovery rate of 3.39 percent.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:20 am

It’s not that simple. There exists a strong possibility that most of those fatalities in China died on their second infection. First infection tends to be mild to moderate, but not very fatal at all. The footage we have seen of people randomly falling down in the streets and dying, or going into seizure fits and dying, dying from heart failure, or most commonly dying from pneumonia may well have first caught this virus last Nov and then again in late Jan, only to start dying two to three weeks later now in Feb.

We don’t have much good data outside the cruise ship passengers, and my suspicion is that most if not all of those passengers will recover just fine. It will be when they catch it a second time that you see that ~20% complications rate and a 2% mortality rate. That 2% rate will be contingent upon access to an ICU bed and the resources associated with it (and also antivirals and antibiotics which could run out fast since China is half shut down). If this goes pandemic, and most of have already caught it, then wave 2 could see a mortality rate between the 2% and that ~20% complications rate.

I think you basically get one free pass with this disease and you definitely do not get any immunity. They took samples of this thing from a single family who were all infected and every person had a different version.. And we know there is something about the antibodies your body creates to fight this thing after the first infection that can kill you in round two.

Basically, my prediction is this: the cruise ship passengers will recover with a very low case mortality rate if any deaths at all. The state and corporate media apparatus will run with more propaganda to minimize the threat, even though this development should raise major questions as to the disparity in mortality rates. Then, as it becomes more widespread, we will start seeing fatalities stacking up like they see in Wuhan province. Unless we find some effective treatment or develop a working vaccine very soon. There is just no other way I can see how to reconcile the data we have.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:49 am

And another point.. How do we know we have not already experienced waves of infection? Flu season has been particularly bad this year. How many people diagnosed with this influenza were actually tested for it?

I wonder if Americans already caught their first infection last month in various places. Bit who knows. I still find it hard to believe a stealthy virus like this, spreading so fast at least since last Nov, has not already escaped China, possibly months ago.