SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Speaker to Animals

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Well, fuck.

Turns out they did come up with a vaccine for SARS but it's worse than not using it..

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:39 pm

This dude is worth listening to.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm

So obviously the Chinese do some weird shit... but what if this is actually a series of bio-warfare attacks from the west?

SARS, MERS, Swine Flu, nCov.

It just seems odd that this is happening so often in the same general area.

More importantly, what happens if the Chinese convince themselves that we’re attacking them... or at least, get it hinted at from their government, in an effort to deflect blame for an accidental bio weapon attack on themselves.

Things are not at Peak Weirdness yet.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:44 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm
So obviously the Chinese do some weird shit... but what if this is actually a series of bio-warfare attacks from the west?

SARS, MERS, Swine Flu, nCov.

It just seems odd that this is happening so often in the same general area.

More importantly, what happens if the Chinese convince themselves that we’re attacking them... or at least, get it hinted at from their government, in an effort to deflect blame for an accidental bio weapon attack on themselves.

Things are not at Peak Weirdness yet.
Every new version of the seasonal flu comes from that area. There is a simple reason.

And a lot of those people live in questionable sanitary conditions and in close proximity to a lot of different wild and domesticated animals.
I think the Chinese people are (rightly) more afraid of their own government than foreign shenanigans.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe wrote:Misunderstandings and lethargy perhaps produce more wrong in the world than deceit and malice do. At least the latter two are certainly rarer.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 am

They are just an incredibly filthy people. I don’t think economic prosperity is going to change their nature either.

Maybe as a group of people they need an authoritarian regime to clean up. What if what we see now really is the cleaned up version of what the Chinese people could be? What if the communist government is doing the best they can with what they had to work with?

It’s really easy to project our European nature onto the rest of the world, and that actually is the cause of so many of our overseas follies. They aren't us. At some point we have to just accept the other peoples of the world are pretty fucked up by our common standard.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 am

I just heard that 80% of the Chinese economy including 90% of their export is currently shut down due to quarantine restrictions.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:24 am

It would appear to be out of the box in Europe at this point.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51470342

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:30 am

Another datapoint to explain why China breeds epidemics.

http://pkylekrueger.com/hygiene/

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:38 am

I think WHO got the rebranding thing all wrong. Best names I am seeing are the WuFlu and, if you get the Wumonia, you are 20% going to die.

Kung Flu comes in second place.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:42 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:38 am
I think WHO got the rebranding thing all wrong. Best names I am seeing are the WuFlu and, if you get the Wumonia, you are 20% going to die.

Kung Flu comes in second place.
Wu-han clan.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.