What is your level of trust in the U.S. news media?

What is your level of trust in the U.S. new media?

Complete trust
No votes
Trust in most outlets
No votes
Trust in some outlets
9%
Trust a few outlets
18%
Don't trust any of them
73%

Total votes: 11

PartyOf5

Re: What is your level of trust in the U.S. new media?

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am

Another thing I've noticed since Trump was elected is how much focus the media has put on him. Past presidents never got the every day headlines that Trump has. You used to only hear about a POTUS when something really happened. Even with Obama there would be weeks without him ever being mentioned on a front page of a paper or as a headline on a website. Since the 2016 election I can only remember about 4-5 days where the headline section (most days the first 2-3) of Google news wasn't about Trump.

Even non-political media has gone stupid. Everything being masked as news or informative is nothing more than commentary, and a lot of times it's uninformed commentary. Stephen A. Smith is probably the most well-known name today for ESPN. When the Astros cheating scandal was hitting he came out with a "hot take" about how they shouldn't have to give up the WS title and the whole cheating thing was overblown. A couple of days later he admitted that he wasn't aware of how they used cameras and hitting trash cans to cheat and then says they should give up the title. At the time of his initial opinion, everyone that watches his show knew those details, yet he did not. This is a high profile ESPN talking head. I got better information from Jomboy on YT a week before.

It's not just the political news media that is useless, it's almost every single voice that works for a major media company.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:03 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am
Another thing I've noticed since Trump was elected is how much focus the media has put on him. Past presidents never got the every day headlines that Trump has. You used to only hear about a POTUS when something really happened. Even with Obama there would be weeks without him ever being mentioned on a front page of a paper or as a headline on a website. Since the 2016 election I can only remember about 4-5 days where the headline section (most days the first 2-3) of Google news wasn't about Trump.

Even non-political media has gone stupid. Everything being masked as news or informative is nothing more than commentary, and a lot of times it's uninformed commentary. Stephen A. Smith is probably the most well-known name today for ESPN. When the Astros cheating scandal was hitting he came out with a "hot take" about how they shouldn't have to give up the WS title and the whole cheating thing was overblown. A couple of days later he admitted that he wasn't aware of how they used cameras and hitting trash cans to cheat and then says they should give up the title. At the time of his initial opinion, everyone that watches his show knew those details, yet he did not. This is a high profile ESPN talking head. I got better information from Jomboy on YT a week before.

It's not just the political news media that is useless, it's almost every single voice that works for a major media company.
They haven't gone stupid. They just have shown how stupid they are.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am

Baseball is not Stephen A's bag his opinions on that subject are totally fed to him. Basketball and Boxing are the only time you should pay attention to what he has to say. I get what you are saying though. I too as a Baseball fan watch jomboy on occasion, I also recommend baseball bits.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 am

also worth mentioning that stephen a is a dumbass when it comes to mma

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:26 pm

clubgop wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am
Baseball is not Stephen A's bag his opinions on that subject are totally fed to him. Basketball and Boxing are the only time you should pay attention to what he has to say. I get what you are saying though. I too as a Baseball fan watch jomboy on occasion, I also recommend baseball bits.
The only place you'll see analysis of the bat and ball boys during a bench clearing brawl.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:28 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:26 pm
clubgop wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am
The only place you'll see analysis of the bat and ball boys during a bench clearing brawl.
I don't watch those videos. I did watch the whole sign stealing thing.

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:15 pm

CBS is pretty unbiased.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:09 am

Calculus Man wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:15 pm
CBS is pretty unbiased.
You forgot the sarcasm hinter there....
#NotOneRedCent

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:19 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:09 am
Calculus Man wrote:
CBS is pretty unbiased.
And yet, here you are, picking right up on social cues. ;)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:53 am

Calculus Man wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:19 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:09 am
Calculus Man wrote:
CBS is pretty unbiased.
And yet, here you are, picking right up on social cues. ;)
I was hoping I wasn't wrong. I still have an issue picking up on them at times.
#NotOneRedCent