What is your level of trust in the U.S. news media?

What is your level of trust in the U.S. new media?

Complete trust
No votes
Trust in most outlets
No votes
Trust in some outlets
9%
Trust a few outlets
18%
Don't trust any of them
73%

Total votes: 11

PartyOf5

What is your level of trust in the U.S. news media?

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:31 am

When I was younger I pretty much trusted the media in general as a device to get the truth out to the public. I was skeptical of the targets of the news, but not those presenting the news to the people.

I felt a noticeable change in my perception of those presenting the news when Obama was chosen as the DNC candidate for POTUS. That was when I the curtain dropped for me and began to see just how biased and selective the news was. It's been all downhill since. I really don't trust any of the right now. Sure, Fox is more in line with my beliefs, but I know I'm getting a version of the news tailored to those beliefs. The truth is in the news is bits and pieces, but it has become a chore to separate the truth from spin and get a complete picture of almost any news item other than basic local crime stories.

The internet has given us an exponential jump in the ability to share information, yet we seem to be less aware of the truth because of it.
Last edited by PartyOf5 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Re: What is your level of trust in the U.S. new media?

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:51 pm

If you still get your news from a bunch of jews on TV or blue check marks you a fucking moron.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:31 am
When I was younger I pretty much trusted the media in general as a device to get the truth out to the public. I was skeptical of the targets of the news, but not those presenting the news to the people.

I felt a noticeable change in my perception of those presenting the news when Obama was chosen as the DNC candidate for POTUS. That was when I the curtain dropped for me and began to see just how biased and selective the news was. It's been all downhill since. I really don't trust any of the right now. Sure, Fox is more in line with my beliefs, but I know I'm getting a version of the news tailored to those beliefs. The truth is in the news is bits and pieces, but it has become a chore to separate the truth from spin and get a complete picture of almost any news item other than basic local crime stories.

The internet has given us an exponential jump in the ability to share information, yet we seem to be less aware of the truth because of it.

I am guessing you mean News media and not "New" media.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:06 am

I still "get my news" from the media. I just don't trust what they are telling me. When the US droned the Iranian general and Iran shot down the plane I heard it first on the news. Then I can go online and get the details. I will completely ignore the commentary, analysis, and predictions coming from the news models on the MSM.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:46 am

I don’t use them for anything but the weather - and they’re usually wrong.

I disagree that we’re ‘less aware’ though. I think most people below a certain age are more informed than ever.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:46 am
I think most people below a certain age are more informed than ever.
They have much more information, but how much of it is truth? More informed is not always better informed. Just look at YT. I can query "How to replace the alternator on X model car" and get multiple solutions. Some will go by the first video they see, but it may not be the correct way to do it.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:37 pm

Trust is earned, not given... and they lost my trust a long time ago.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:37 pm
You lost my trust when you put your hand on my thigh and started moving it closer and closer to my dick. I'm not going to just fuck some guy I barely know.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:15 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm
The Conservative wrote:
You lost my trust when you put your hand on my thigh and started moving it closer and closer to my dick. I'm not going to just fuck some guy I barely know.
Stop dreaming about things that will never have happen to you.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:43 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm
The Conservative wrote:
What better way to get to know them?