Harry and Meghan quit the firm and move to Toronto...

Montegriffo

Re: Harry and Meghan quit the firm and move to Toronto...

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 pm

I found this one produced by National Geographic with the same name. This is different from the Channel 4 one although it makes use of a lot of the same unreleased footage. Not available in its entirety though due to copywrite.

Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 pm
I found this one produced by National Geographic with the same name. This is different from the Channel 4 one...

Yeah, that's the one I just watched.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
I found this one produced by National Geographic with the same name. This is different from the Channel 4 one...

It's 30 minutes longer so might use tapes not shown in the one I saw.
It covered the incident with Camilla in much less detail than the one you watched.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 am

She was not just doing her own thing, she was meeting with the Blair government more than the Queen was, because they wanted to use Diana as the de facto ambassador of everywhere for the UK. They had her meeting with foreign heads of state and whatnot, Diana was so big, the government was eager to harness her star power.

She hadn't yet reached the apex of her power at the time of her death, she was just getting started.
Blair was ever the populist. He would have been happy to use Diana for his own means.
He did fight with the Queen in order to convince her that a state funeral was necessary after her death though.
She died within weeks of him coming to power and it was Blair who coined the term ''peoples Princess''.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

It covered the incident with Camilla in much less detail than the one you watched.
The Netflix one is the most comprehensive I've seen, it really has me coming over to her side.

I mean, Diana is looking pretty damn good now, considering Prince Andrew and his conduct in comparison.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:42 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 am

She was not just doing her own thing, she was meeting with the Blair government more than the Queen was, because they wanted to use Diana as the de facto ambassador of everywhere for the UK. They had her meeting with foreign heads of state and whatnot, Diana was so big, the government was eager to harness her star power.

She hadn't yet reached the apex of her power at the time of her death, she was just getting started.
Blair was ever the populist. He would have been happy to use Diana for his own means.
Nearer the end of that documentary it gets into how she was courting the government and they were courting her.

She had the highest profile and the most access, by far, so they wanted her to showcase for the UK internationally, but not on her own, coordinated with the government, like an ambassador at large for trade, diplomacy, the whole shebang.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 pm

There's a reason why Blair's majority (179) was the size of Thatcher's largest ever majority (101) and Boris's (79) put together.
He knew how to play to the crowd.
I wasn't a Blair fan at the time but in hindsight I'm coming around to him.
Fiscal conservatism combined with social responsibility.
Blair increased NHS funding by over 6% compared with around 4% by Cameron and a measly 2% from the lactose larcenist.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:51 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

The Netflix one is the most comprehensive I've seen, it really has me coming over to her side.

I mean, Diana is looking pretty damn good now, considering Prince Andrew and his conduct in comparison.
Even more so in comparison to the Duchess of York and her toe sucking ''financial advisor''. Fergie has even run cover for Andrew since the interview in order to protect her parasitic offspring. Rumours of her borrowing money from Epstein to repay her debts don't help.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:12 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:51 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Even more so in comparison to the Duchess of York and her toe sucking ''financial advisor''. Fergie has even run cover for Andrew since the interview in order to protect her parasitic offspring. Rumours of her borrowing money from Epstein to repay her debts don't help.
Diana became bigger than the Firm and they couldn't handle it

She was their greatest asset, and they squandered it because Charles couldn't handle being second banana.

It would have been in their interests, to have put Charles in his place and got behind her as the future Queen.

If they had Diana now, they would be sitting pretty. It's a Diana world now, she fits what they desperately need

You can see how Mehgan Markle really isn't able to fill the gap, Diana was way more resilient.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:58 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:12 pm
I've come around on Diana.

Not because she was a poor little rich girl.

I've simply come to respect her ruthlessness in her later years.

She beat the Firm at their own game.
By faking her own death?
Soleimani may be drinking tequila shots out of her belly button as we speak.
lool yeah on some Carribean island, with fake passports and stuff.
Shikata ga nai