Harry and Meghan quit the firm and move to Toronto...

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Harry and Megan quit the firm and move to Toronto...

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:20 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 am

Good for them, good for UK taxpayers and good for Smitty's missus who must be delighted...
They're still taking the money and they haven't given up their titles.

They can't have it both ways, you can't be the Duke of Toronto, there's no such office.
A full withdrawal from the Royal family would have been better. The half in half out is a messy compromise if they want the freedom to earn their own money (which they are not allowed to do) and have public opinions on political matters (which they are also not allowed).
Watch this space, I suspect that either the rules will have to be changed or they will withdraw fully and renounce their titles.
Harry and William shared the majority of Diana's estate between them which was valued at around £30 million so I don't think they will starve or struggle to put a roof over their heads.
Maybe they're still negotiating the breakup.

Also, there are tax considerations to take into account. One doesn't simply leave, without a thorough going-over of the books.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:01 pm

I think this is possible.
The terms and conditions are yet to be agreed upon.
I don't believe that Harry would want to deliberately embarrass his grandmother but apparently he ignored her wishes that he should not go public yet.
It is possible that he felt the negotiations were going too slowly so he went ahead with the announcement to force the issue.

Wild speculation though, who knows?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:45 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I don't believe that Harry would want to deliberately embarrass his grandmother but apparently he ignored her wishes that he should not go public yet.
It is possible that he felt the negotiations were going too slowly so he went ahead with the announcement to force the issue.

Really, that’s the best way to leave a bad situation. If he were to remain at the palace until it’s all figured out, she would gradually start to dictate terms and force him to remain.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:08 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:58 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Really, that’s the best way to leave a bad situation. If he were to remain at the palace until it’s all figured out, she would gradually start to dictate terms and force him to remain.
Dammit Grumps, you know someone is going to make an ill informed Brexit analogy now... :doh:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:08 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Dammit Grumps, you know someone is going to make an ill informed Brexit analogy now... :doh:
I can’t see any similarity with part of the British royal core leaving to align itself with other parts of the world, to attain greater freedom at great financial risk.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I can’t see any similarity with part of the British royal core leaving to align itself with other parts of the world, to attain greater freedom at great financial risk.
The headline on the front page of the Sun newspaper today was MEXIT.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Megan knows how to quit a bad deal. Little American moxie, showing the brits how it’s done.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:16 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Megan knows how to quit a bad deal. Little American moxie, showing the brits how it’s done.
She's certainly not prepared to just take the shit she gets. She's currently suing the Daily Mail.
Suing is the American way after all.
Harry has a good one there so you can understand why he is prepared to quit the Firm and cross the pond to protect his marriage.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

She's certainly not prepared to just take the shit she gets. She's currently suing the Daily Mail.
Harry has a good one there so you can understand why he is prepared to quit the Firm and cross the pond to protect his marriage.
Harry is f**king pu**y whipped, his marriage is based on her domination, as is usual for Western marriages.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:40 am

Ph64 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Harry is f**king pu**y whipped, his marriage is based on her domination, as is usual for Western marriages.
Yup, this is the sort of sexist attack that Megan has had to put up with.
Now the guy who had to fight to be allowed to deploy to Afghanistan is a pussy?

Not surprised they want quit the firm and move to Toronto.