Harry and Meghan quit the firm and move to Toronto...

StCapps

Re: Harry and Megan quit the firm and move to Toronto...

Post by StCapps » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 am
Secret order from the Queen to depose Treaudeu and annex the colonies. Prepare to kneel, Capps!
No more Confederation, works for me. Fuck Canada.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:20 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 am

Good for them, good for UK taxpayers and good for Smitty's missus who must be delighted...
They're still taking the money and they haven't given up their titles.

They can't have it both ways, you can't be the Duke of Toronto, there's no such office.
A full withdrawal from the Royal family would have been better. The half in half out is a messy compromise if they want the freedom to earn their own money (which they are not allowed to do) and have public opinions on political matters (which they are also not allowed).
Watch this space, I suspect that either the rules will have to be changed or they will withdraw fully and renounce their titles.
Harry and William shared the majority of Diana's estate between them which was valued at around £30 million so I don't think they will starve or struggle to put a roof over their heads.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:20 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 am

Good for them, good for UK taxpayers and good for Smitty's missus who must be delighted...

They can't have it both ways, you can't be the Duke of Toronto, there's no such office.
A full withdrawal from the Royal family would have been better. The half in half out is a messy compromise if they want the freedom to earn their own money (which they are not allowed to do) and have public opinions on political matters (which they are also not allowed).
Watch this space, I suspect that either the rules will have to be changed or they will withdraw fully and renounce their titles.
Harry and William shared the majority of Diana's estate between them which was valued at around £30 million so I don't think they will starve or struggle to put a roof over their heads.
They'll come crawling back, nobody escapes the Firm.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:39 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

The Queen doesn't have long to live and Charles is in favour of reducing the size of the royal family so I wouldn't be so sure.
America will still treat Harry and Megan as royalty whether they keep their titles or not.
More power to them I say, at least they are not entitled parasites like the Yorks.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:42 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:39 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

The Queen doesn't have long to live and Charles is in favour of reducing the size of the royal family so I wouldn't be so sure.
America will still treat Harry and Megan as royalty whether they keep their titles or not.
More power to them I say, at least they are not entitled parasites like the Yorks.
I'm sure they're not really giving up the titles and the money.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:53 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:42 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Time will tell about the titles but there's no limit to what they could earn and neither of them is poor to start with so the money they get from the Prince of Wales is easy for them to turn down.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am

It will be interesting to see if the Candian tax payer has to pick up any of the security costs.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:53 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Time will tell about the titles but there's no limit to what they could earn and neither of them is poor to start with so the money they get from the Prince of Wales is easy for them to turn down.
Without the Firm, they ain't worth that much, they're gonna find out.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:05 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Yeah, worth less than £20 million between them.
Nobody's going to buy their books or pay them to do the rounds on the talk show sofas.
I expect they will be back on welfare in no time.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:05 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Yeah, worth less than £20 million between them.
Nobody's going to buy their books or pay them to do the rounds on the talk show sofas.
I expect they will be back on welfare in no time.
I think you're underestimating just how expensive their tastes really are.

The British taxpayer just remodeled their home at a cost of $3 million

These people don't live in the real world, they would blow through $20 million very quickly.
Nec Aspera Terrent