Re: TikTok Banning Fat, Ugly, Weirdos

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm

clubgop wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:50 am
clubgop wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:19 pm

Well I am consistent on this. If you don't like something, you don't have to watch it. But for lefty English Flaggots that's not good enough so when karma comes a calling I sit back and eat popcorn.
I don't mind if Tik Tok imposes standards, so do lots of private concerns

I have no interest in telling Tik Tok how to run things, it's a dance contest not a public service.
It more than that, it is a creative outlet for viral content and meme culture. it should be standardless and open source. Advertisers will come and spend money because they cant afford to ignore it. That used to be YouTube but then Google gave in and you know what happens when you give into SJWs just one time.
Okay, but it's still a private company, so what's the problem ?

It's none of my business what their standards are, they're not even publicly traded, it's privately owned.

Again, what do you want here ? You want to impose rules on Tik Tok ?

With what ? Legislation ? The courts will overthrow it, it's not your business.

If you can't force a baker to bake a cake for you, sure as shit you can't tell Tik Tok how to run their business.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 pm

I don't want anything. They are a chinese company we dont have much jurisdiction here, anyway. I don't think they are doing much wrong. Youtube I want to slap around. Political programming on Tik Tok would be like political Twitter. Absolute garbarge.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm

clubgop wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 pm
I don't want anything. They are a chinese company we dont have much jurisdiction here, anyway. I don't think they are doing much wrong. Youtube I want to slap around. Political programming on Tik Tok would be like political Twitter. Absolute garbarge.
I find it all to be largely irrelevant, it's not like anybody is convinced by anything on social media

I don't think it alters the balance of power, it's just noise, but it doesn't move the ball down the field.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 am
TikTok, a huge Chinese Social Media platform, is now competing against YouTube, and to prevent “hate speech,” they are banning the people who get hated on.

I love the irony of, “they’re a private company, they can do what they want.”
They are a private company, they can do whatever they want. It is up to the user/customer to either use the service or not. Regretfully, with this day and age, people are fucking stupid. They ignore that the company is a Chinese company, and that it is attempting to not only "use" your data, but use your face and other information people seem to freely give to possibly hack accounts.

As an example of this:

http://culture.affinitymagazine.us/tik- ... formation/

I won't allow this software on my network, home or corp, it's blocked.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm
clubgop wrote:
I find it all to be largely irrelevant, it's not like anybody is convinced by anything on social media

I don't think it alters the balance of power, it's just noise, but it doesn't move the ball down the field.
It does move the needle they wouldn't be using the ban hammer if it didn't matter. This is a game of inches, it may not alter the balance of power but you can't take that chance.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:32 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:26 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm
clubgop wrote:

It does move the needle they wouldn't be using the ban hammer if it didn't matter. This is a game of inches, it may not alter the balance of power but you can't take that chance.
I don't play the game, I don't do social media other than obscure internet forums.

It's out of my hands, I don't concern myself with that which is beyond my control
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am

They are a private company, they can do whatever they want. It is up to the user/customer to either use the service or not.
Unless the private company offers loot crates, right?
:think:

:clown:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:51 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am

They are a private company, they can do whatever they want. It is up to the user/customer to either use the service or not.
Unless the private company offers loot crates, right?
:think:

:clown:
What's your point?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:22 pm

:D
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0