Civil War Coming?

StCapps

Re: Civil War Coming?

Post by StCapps » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 am

brewster wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:35 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:52 pm
It’s more likely Republicans win so bigly they simply take over everywhere except the Lefty enclaves.
The GOP hasn't won the majority of the popular vote for an open White House in 40 years.
Bush beat Kerry by 50.7% in 2004. The last actual GOP landslide was Reagan beating Mondale with 58.8%.
There's a number of states so gerrymandered that the GOP has an overwhelming majority of Representatives with a minority of the popular vote.

The point is: gaming the electoral college (not to mention SCOTUS) and gerrymandering does not translate into actual popular support.
What gerrymandering in the electoral college? Nebraska and Maine are the only states that do that, the popular vote at the state level is what decides the electoral college in every other state dumbass. Gerrymandering is about the house districts, not the electoral college. Why is that all these electoral college haters don't even know what the EC even is?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:02 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:34 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:31 am

Well, seems we found out where the asshole portion went when SwA left a vacuum in that particular domain.
I never had a problem with him, I was always his friend, I still am.

You are far more obnoxious than him, although apparently you can't help yourself, sperg.
:roll:
It's not a safe space here, don't tell me to go elsewhere, I have no complaints, I like it here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:13 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:02 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:34 am

I never had a problem with him, I was always his friend, I still am.

You are far more obnoxious than him, although apparently you can't help yourself, sperg.
:roll:
It's not a safe space here, don't tell me to go elsewhere, I have no complaints, I like it here.
If you don't like the MHF, then you can get out.

We have no complaints, we like it here, as for the whiners, there is the door.
/shrugs
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 am
There was no civil war in Nazi Germany, the NSDAP was elected, they had 89% approval in 1938, the situation was stabilized by democracy.
Hahahaha! Every authoritarian regime has very high approvals, you better support them or else you find yourself anything from out of work to beaten senseless in a ditch to disappeared. Anyone who opposed Putin consolidating power found they had serious problems.

The American Right has been responsible for violence against minorities, workers, and reproductive rights providers for well over a century, pretending that Antifa is anywhere in there league is ludicrous.

Hash, the Republic has been sharply divided since it's inception, the battle between the Hamiltonian Federalists and Jeffersonian Republicans was simply the first round of 2 centuries of struggle between urban and rural interests.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 am
brewster wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:52 pm
It’s more likely Republicans win so bigly they simply take over everywhere except the Lefty enclaves.
The GOP hasn't won the majority of the popular vote for an open White House in 40 years.
Bush beat Kerry by 50.7% in 2004. The last actual GOP landslide was Reagan beating Mondale with 58.8%.
There's a number of states so gerrymandered that the GOP has an overwhelming majority of Representatives with a minority of the popular vote.

The point is: gaming the electoral college (not to mention SCOTUS) and gerrymandering does not translate into actual popular support.
What gerrymandering in the electoral college? Nebraska and Maine are the only states that do that, the popular vote at the state level is what decides the electoral college in every other state dumbass. Gerrymandering is about the house districts, not the electoral college. Why is that all these electoral college haters don't even know what the EC even is?
Work on your reading comprehension. I did not imply the EC was gerrymandered, I was referring to the House and statehouses in support of saying current elected majorities in many states does not equal actual majority support.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:23 am

brewster wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 am
StCapps wrote:
brewster wrote:

Work on your reading comprehension. I did not imply the EC was gerrymandered, I was referring to the House and statehouses in support of saying current elected majorities in many states does not equal actual majority support.
Winning 30 states out of 50 states does show majority support though, As does a majority in the Senate. The Democrats control the gerrymandered house, and you just pointed out how that does not equal actual majority support. If anyone has a majority of support, it's the GOP. Fuck yo national popular support bullshit.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 am

brewster wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 am
There was no civil war in Nazi Germany, the NSDAP was elected, they had 89% approval in 1938, the situation was stabilized by democracy.
Hahahaha! Every authoritarian regime has very high approvals, you better support them or else you find yourself anything from out of work to beaten senseless in a ditch to disappeared. Anyone who opposed Putin consolidating power found they had serious problems.
I have no quarrel with Vladimir Vladimirovich, Slava Rossiya.

If I was Russian, I'd be Spetsnaz

Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:32 am

Democracies don't work if 49% or even 33% of the people end up dissatisfied to the point of hatred. So far the republic concept has kept the lid on, and I'm extending that idea to city-States rather than State boundaries. Half the people in CA, WA, and OR who don't live in the cities and want some kind of protection from the mob.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:38 am

The Liberal left has destroyed my country : stabbed in the back by the Eastern Elites.

Whoever sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind, let it burn.

Legio Patria Nostra
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:43 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:23 am
brewster wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 am
StCapps wrote:
Winning 30 states out of 50 states does show majority support though, As does a majority in the Senate. The Democrats control the gerrymandered house, and you just pointed out how that does not equal actual majority support. If anyone has a majority of support, it's the GOP. Fuck yo national popular support bullshit.
Now it's you who doesn't seem to know what the EC is. It does not translate into popular support, but rather can give victories to minorities in popular voting, as in 2000 and 2016.