Civil War Coming?

DBTrek

Re: Civil War Coming?

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:24 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 pm

It's called "the Big Bounce". and it's a theory, instead of living off of fantasy without any proof to back up religion.
It’s called entropy, and Newton’s Third Law of Thermodynamics. That’s why shit ain’t bouncing back nowhere in this physical reality. It’s all headed toward zero degrees Kelvin, says science. The big freeze.

For you.

But in all fairness, what do you know?
You don’t even know where existence came from.
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:24 pm
It’s called entropy, and Newton’s Third Law of thermodynamics. That’s why shit ain’t bouncing back nowhere in this physical reality. It’s all headed toward zero degrees Kelvin, says science. The big freeze.

For you.

But in all fairness, what do you know?
:think:
I may accept that, if and only if you also accept that there is a theory that says that your big freeze may also end in a big bang through random quantum tunneling and quantum fluctuations.

And if god was real, he'd keep that from happening at all... but let's ignore that because we are that fucking egotistical.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:37 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 pm

I may accept that, if and only if you also accept that there is a theory that says that your big freeze may also end in a big bang through random quantum tunneling and quantum fluctuations.

And if god was real, he'd keep that from happening at all... but let's ignore that because we are that fucking egotistical.
My quantum bullshit detector says it’s quantum sure that you have 0% idea what God’s motivations or future actions might be.

It also says you’re making it up as you go - and the sooner you realize your slightly evolved chimp brain is an in sufficient tool for measuring or understanding the cosmos, the faster you’ll find peace.
;)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:42 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:37 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:31 pm

My quantum bullshit detector says it’s quantum sure that you have 0% idea what God’s motivations or future actions might be.

It also says you’re making it up as you go - and the sooner you realize your slightly evolved chimp brain is an in sufficient tool for measuring or understanding the cosmos, the faster you’ll find peace.
;)
Look it up yourself, you'll see that it's a theory, just like your other theory... but I can say what I do about god and religion because I have centuries of examples as proof... and so far I find my truth about religion to be on more solid ground than your pseudo bs.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm

I’ve only shot down your pseudo BS, one scientific fact at a time. You’re the one seeking solace in nihilism while grasping at the threadbare blanket of human science for comfort.

Me? I’m just coming in out of the rain.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:59 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I’ve only shot down your pseudo BS, one scientific fact at a time. You’re the one seeking solace in nihilism while grasping at the threadbare blanket of human science for comfort.

Me? I’m just coming in out of the rain.

#NotOneRedCent

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:25 pm

We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:40 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:25 pm
Y’all get the Two Babies treatment yet? No? Ok, let me give y’all the Two Babies breakdown.
In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replies, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense,” says the other. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?”

“I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.”

The other says, “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.”

“I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.”

The other replies, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” says the other, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.”

“Mother?!” You believe in mother? Where is she now?”

“She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.”

“I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.”

To which the other replied, “sometimes when you’re silent you can hear her, you can sense her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we’re here to prepare ourselves for that reality.”
;)

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Anyways, it's not really about religion for me, I'm a Deist, I don't believe that God intervenes miraculously.

I do however believe in Deus ex machina, that it is an intelligent design rather than a random happenstance.

I do enjoy scripture, but for the allegory and poetry of it, I don't read the Bible as an instruction manual.

I do go to church these days, but I don't go to the sermons, I just volunteer at the shelter.

In terms of the presence of the Lord, I just feel it, all around me, the ghost in the machine is in my heart too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 pm

People, in the era of smug atheism, have lost sight of the fact that neither side has sufficient answers. Sometimes you just gotta remind them. Otherwise they go on, in blind faith, believing that “science” has settled the questions of the universe - even if they can’t tell you what those answers are.
:P