Have Videogames Run Their Course?

pineapplemike

Re: Have Videogames Run Their Course?

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am

God of War 4 was awesome, took over my life for a solid week, enjoyed the shit out of it. A little stumped on what to play next but watching that Gran Turismo video makes me want to get into a racing game. Spent hours upon hours playing Burnout on PS2, I wonder what the hip racing game is these days

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:01 pm

The Logitech GT Driving Force wheel and pedals is really what turns Gran Turismo into a simulator.

The feedback in the wheel is so sensitive, it makes it immersive. Totally worth the $150

You can feel the tires degrading, you can feel the water on the track, you feel like you're on the edge.

Just like a real race car, it punishes you for the slightest mistake, you become totally focused.

I just did an endurance race at Le Mans, I can feel the tension releasing from my arms as I cross the finish line.

I have to get up and work the kinks out, I'm stiff from being dialed in to the limits of the car on the track.

It's the best 'game' because it never ends, it never gets easy, it's always hard, you're always learning.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:34 pm

I just blew $2 million Gran Turismo bucks on a new car.

Took me quite a few races to save up for it.

Audi R10 TDI 06'

Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:01 pm
The Logitech GT Driving Force wheel and pedals is really what turns Gran Turismo into a simulator.

The feedback in the wheel is so sensitive, it makes it immersive. Totally worth the $150

You can feel the tires degrading, you can feel the water on the track, you feel like you're on the edge.

Just like a real race car, it punishes you for the slightest mistake, you become totally focused.

I just did an endurance race at Le Mans, I can feel the tension releasing from my arms as I cross the finish line.

I have to get up and work the kinks out, I'm stiff from being dialed in to the limits of the car on the track.

It's the best 'game' because it never ends, it never gets easy, it's always hard, you're always learning.

Are you PC master race? I believe mIke and I are console peasants.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:40 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:04 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Are you PC master race? I believe mIke and I are console peasants.
No, I only use PS3.

I've only ever had Playstation. I had a PS2 then I upgraded to PS3

I'm playing on a PS3 with a 55" tv and I got a sound bar with subwoofer hooked up.

This Logitech GT Driving Force Wheel came with an attachment which I just rest on my lap while I steer.

You can mount the wheel if you want, but I prefer to just hold it between my legs with the attachment.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:54 pm

I don't like the music soundtrack which comes with the game, so I turn that off.

I use the soundbar for the sound effects of the car.

Then I just run my own tunes over here on the computer off youtube through the Bose speakers on my desk.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:11 pm

My favorite Gran Turismo car is the Pagani Huayra 13'

it's a beast, it's got great engine sound, it comes set up for street racing.

Take it out on the Special Stage Route 7 night drive highway track and go flat out 240 mph, crank the tunes.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Tell you what tho, there is no substitute for Gran Turismo 5 and/or 6 with the Logitech GT Driving Force Wheel.

This Logitech wheel is specially made to work with Gran Turismo.

It's not generic, the game and this wheel were meant to go together as a set.

Only the Logitech GT Driving Force makes it a simulator, that's what takes it next level.

It's great on PS3, you don't need to upgrade the console

but you do need this specific Logitech GT Driving Force wheel to get the full experience of Gran Turismo.

It's totally worth the money, $150 and I've used it for years, it never gets old.

It really is like a simulator, the wheel transmits the tiniest details through your hands and arms.

Every car is different, and if you make minute adjustments to the cars, you notice the difference.

Downforce, ride height, camber, toe angle, brakes, steering, whatever, you can tweak it endlessly.

You can feel the feedback from the road, the tires, weight, inertia, everything, tricks your brain, it's immersive.

This is the greatest driving game I've ever played, bar none, nothing else even comes close.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Alright, now it is time to take the new Audi R10 out on the Nurburgring.

Le Mans Endurance Race. I'ma gonna need an audiobook for this drive.
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:48 pm

@clubber i have a gaming PC but i haven't been playing games much on it, my GTX 970 isn't getting any younger even if it still holds up pretty well. played the shit out of battlefield and grand theft auto on it, might have to get that new halo game though. always wanted a ps4 in the meantime, been waiting for the last of us 2 for five fuckin years