Re: Trump Impeachment (Public Hearing)

Post by StCapps » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:48 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:36 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:32 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:30 am

Well they were in shock and probably dealing with some guilt of their own.
Details muthafuckah! Do you speak em'?
Well we're talking about something that happened nearly 30 years ago about something I tried not to think about for years so I don't really remember the details.
Fair enough, but I find it a little odd that you remember the details about talking to the ex and not the parents, memory is fucked up sometimes I suppose, but seems like a rather memorable event you are forgetting there.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:49 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Well we're talking about something that happened nearly 30 years ago about something I tried not to think about for years so I don't really remember the details.
A young girl died because you were a degenerate and reckless drug user, but you don't remember the details ?

I would never be able to forget a shame like that.

Thankfully, I was serving with distinction in HM thin red line at the time, so I have no need to escape my past.
The only drugs I'd taken were some hash and a few beers. I had no knowledge of what she'd been up to earlier in the day.
Oh, I see, you just wash your hands of her, you can't look it in the face, eh, big man?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:48 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:32 am
Details muthafuckah! Do you speak em'?
Fair enough, but I find it a little odd that you remember the details about talking to the ex and not the parents, memory is fucked up sometimes I suppose, but seems like a rather memorable event.
Well I remember the emotions rather than the words.
I felt for them after the coroner had tried to lay all the blame squarely on them.
The ex-boyfriend who had got her into drugs at the age of 16 didn't bother to turn up to the inquest and got away Scot free as far as I was concerned.
Also the girl herself had to take some portion of the blame.
No body forced her to take sleeping pills and then go out drinking for the day.
I had only had a couple of beers and was far from drunk.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:49 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 am

A young girl died because you were a degenerate and reckless drug user, but you don't remember the details ?

I would never be able to forget a shame like that.

Thankfully, I was serving with distinction in HM thin red line at the time, so I have no need to escape my past.
The only drugs I'd taken were some hash and a few beers. I had no knowledge of what she'd been up to earlier in the day.
Oh, I see, you just wash your hands of her, you can't look it in the face, eh, big man?
Oh I saw her face every time I shut my eyes for quite some time after.
It was a traumatic event for a 20 something young lad to go through. I wonder what I could have done differently to prevent the outcome. I'm not going to wallow in self pity about it or let it eat away at me though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:10 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 am
I'm not going to wallow in self pity about it or let it eat away at me though.
Of course not, sociopaths never do.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am

I could have spent my youth getting drunk and picking fights in bars I suppose.
If I went around bragging about that you might label me a sociopath.
Is that something a person should feel a little guilt about?
I seem to remember that you were demoted at some point. Did you not feel shame for that?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:20 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am
I could have spent my youth getting drunk and picking fights in bars I suppose.
If I went around bragging about that you might label me a sociopath.
Is that something a person should feel a little guilt about.
I seem to remember that you were demoted at some point. Did you not feel shame for that?
I didn't pick fights, I simply didn't back down.

As to my demotion, I don't feel shame about it, I went along with a buddy to make sure he didn't get himself into too much trouble, never leave your battle buddy, I was charged for crossing into another unit's lines, to keep him from going too far, I took it responsibility for my actions and pleaded guilty. No shame in that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:24 am

Did you know what your buddy was intent on doing?
Wouldn't a real friend have dissuaded him from doing it rather than backing him up?
I don't know, you'll have to provide a few more details.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:24 am
Did you know what your buddy was intent on doing?
Wouldn't a real friend have dissuaded him from doing it rather than backing him up?
I don't know, you'll have to provide a few more details.
Yes, he was intent on hunting down another soldier who had refused to fight him, and I did dissuade him when he found that soldier, I talked him out of laying a beating on the kid, my buddy was way out his league, so it would have been a vicious beating for the lad, and my buddy would have been doing hard labour.

He told the cabbie to stop, then dashed out into the other units lines, by the time I caught up with him, we were in violation of Section 129 Conduct Prejudiced to the Good Order and Discipline, because crossing into other units lines and going into the barracks is prohibited.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:32 am

Bear in mind, I did get my rank back, my demotion was for six months probation, at the end of the six months, I was promoted back to my original rank.
Nec Aspera Terrent