UK election

Smitty-48

Re: UK election

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:42 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm
your guesswork about the army is just another example of you just writing something to write something.
TC is totally full of shit, as usual.

You don't have to read much of the drivel he posts to realize he doesn't know anything about the military.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:46 pm

A Sargent in motion outranks a CO.
Ok
I am not saying all brass are idiots, but the structure that we see today... Until you start hitting brass level,
WTF?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:46 pm
A Sargent in motion outranks a CO.
Ok
I am not saying all brass are idiots, but the structure that we see today... Until you start hitting brass level,
WTF?
A Sargent in motion knows WTF is going on in a battle situation, you don't get in their way or tell them what to do.

As for the 2nd part, I need to rephrase, I didn't mean to say all brass, I mean all soldiers... because until you start getting into command you aren't told the story, you are told what you need to know to get in, and get out hopefully in one piece.

I've had friends and family that have pretty much cleared houses out in the last "confrontation" we had to deal with, and they have said with very few beers in them that their commander know only what they are told which is shit. When you know enough to be dangerous, you are given a desk job...

Tell me I'm wrong... but you know it's true.
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:29 pm

The future is female. America. We will free you from oppression with FEMALES

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 pm
A Sargent in motion knows WTF is going on in a battle situation, you don't get in their way or tell them what to do.

As for the 2nd part, I need to rephrase, I didn't mean to say all brass, I mean all soldiers... because until you start getting into command you aren't told the story, you are told what you need to know to get in, and get out hopefully in one piece.

I've had friends and family that have pretty much cleared houses out in the last "confrontation" we had to deal with, and they have said with very few beers in them that their commander know only what they are told which is shit. When you know enough to be dangerous, you are given a desk job...

You're wrong.

Those desk jockey officers folks like to bray about are usually sitting in an Ops Center or Command Post running that NCO's op plus about 20-30 other ops while coordinating air and ground support for you and everyone else and making probably life-altering decisions with the limited assets on hand, on the fly based on Intel, SOP's and Legal. They know a fuck ton more than what the on-scene units know.

It's easy to critique when you don't see the whole picture of what's going on. If you're running an op, you don't need to know the whole theatre of what's going on everywhere because it's irrelevant to completing your mission.

and enough with the tired old trope "hen you know enough to be dangerous, you are given a desk job... ".

Those enlisted that run those ops, if they stay in and move up are some of the guys sitting in the Ops Centers/Command Posts helping coordinate future operations. They need those folks (NCO's and Officers) with first-hand experience making sure leadership is aware and planned for nearly every potential.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:15 am

AverageJoe wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 pm

You're wrong.

Those desk jockey officers folks like to bray about are usually sitting in an Ops Center or Command Post running that NCO's op plus about 20-30 other ops while coordinating air and ground support for you and everyone else and making probably life-altering decisions with the limited assets on hand, on the fly based on Intel, SOP's and Legal. They know a fuck ton more than what the on-scene units know.

It's easy to critique when you don't see the whole picture of what's going on. If you're running an op, you don't need to know the whole theatre of what's going on everywhere because it's irrelevant to completing your mission.

and enough with the tired old trope "hen you know enough to be dangerous, you are given a desk job... ".

Those enlisted that run those ops, if they stay in and move up are some of the guys sitting in the Ops Centers/Command Posts helping coordinate future operations. They need those folks (NCO's and Officers) with first-hand experience making sure leadership is aware and planned for nearly every potential.
Thank you for proving my point.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:18 am

Your circular reasoning isn't proved at all. All people who aren't in command are dumb, because if they weren't dumb they'd be in command. There is no proof of that at all, it is simply proof of your circular reasoning, you are talking out of your ass, as usual.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:18 am
Your circular reasoning isn't proved at all. All people who aren't in command are dumb, because if they weren't dumb they'd be in command. There is no proof of that at all, it is simply proof of your circular reasoning, you are talking out of your ass, as usual.
Wow, you guys entirely missed what I said. So be it.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:42 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 am
StCapps wrote:
You said the military are strong, not smart, the typical "the military is stupid" schtick, trying to pretend it's a smart position because you claim some recruiter is the one who said it. Your point was asinine and stupid.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:42 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 am
StCapps wrote:
You said the military are strong, not smart, the typical "the military is stupid" schtick, trying to pretend it's a smart position because you claim some recruiter is the one who said it. Your point was asinine and stupid.
Stop talking unless you are willing to comprehend. You missed the point entirely.
#NotOneRedCent