UK election

Montegriffo

Re: UK election

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 am

Like I should accept that we would leave the EU on 31st October?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:31 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 am
That was just me trolling you. This is a twofer, it trolls you, and it's going to happen.

The polls are pretty clear, especially when you factor in the left leaning bias underestimating conservative support, and the hits just keep coming for Labour, while the Conservatives are powering ahead. It's only going to get more lopsided moving forward. The vote splitting is going to hurt Labour, not the Conservatives, The Lib Dems are going to rob the Labour of some seats, but Brexit ain't going to be robbing the Tories of seats. This campaign can't really be going much better for Conservatives than it is right now.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:36 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:17 am
These anti-semitism accusations are really going to hurt Labour. The Chief Rabbi has spoken out today, saying Jeremy Corbyn is not fit to run the country.
The Labour party is only the 2nd British party to be investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission for racism and prejudice after the far-right BNP (British National Party).
There is a lot of antisemitism coming into Europe right now. It's a new fad. The Swedish social democrats are also dusting off their old antisemitic rhetoric. It's really popular among the new voters. Meanwhile, Social Democratic-run cities like Malmö is being abandoned by its Jewish population.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/opin ... -jews.html

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:38 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:31 am
Montegriffo wrote:
That was just me trolling you. This is a twofer, it trolls you, and it's going to happen.

The polls are pretty clear, especially when you factor in the left leaning bias underestimating conservative support, and the hits just keep coming for Labour, while the Conservatives are powering ahead. It's only going to get more lopsided moving forward. The vote splitting is going to hurt Labour, not the Conservatives, The Lib Dems are going to rob the Labour of some seats, but Brexit ain't going to be robbing the Tories of seats. This campaign can't really be going much better for Conservatives than it is right now.
So why should I take your predictions of a Conservative majority as anything but trolling?
It has already been shown that you have only a superficial knowledge of British politics.
You're just Fox News.
It's all still to play for.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:40 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:38 am
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

So why should I take your predictions of a Conservative majority as anything but trolling?
It has already been shown that you have only a superficial knowledge of British politics.
You're just Fox News.
Why don't you try attacking the argument instead of the poster? Is it because you have no good attack against the argument and have to resort to ad hominem because it's all you got?

At least when I go ad hominem, I include an argument, and it's not just all I have, unlike some people.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:36 am
Montegriffo wrote:
These anti-semitism accusations are really going to hurt Labour. The Chief Rabbi has spoken out today, saying Jeremy Corbyn is not fit to run the country.
The Labour party is only the 2nd British party to be investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission for racism and prejudice after the far-right BNP (British National Party).
There is a lot of antisemitism coming into Europe right now. It's a new fad. The Swedish social democrats are also dusting off their old antisemitic rhetoric. It's really popular among the new voters. Meanwhile, Social Democratic-run cities like Malmö is being abandoned by its Jewish population.

Is it being influenced by the American hard right or has it always been simmering under?
I think the attacks on Corbyn are a little unfounded, he's clearly anti-Israel with his support of Hamas but there are Labour politicians in the lower ranks saying the same sorts of things Nuke says about a Jewish run media.
It hasn't reached the level of holocaust denial yet but there does seem to be an emboldening of anti-Semites under Corbyn.
I think Corbyn is motivated by his hatred of the Israeli state but I'm not convinced he's truly anti-Semitic.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:49 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:40 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

You're just Fox News.
Why don't you try attacking the argument instead of the poster? Is it because you have no good attack against the argument and have to resort to ad hominem because it's all you got?

At least when I go ad hominem, I include an argument, and it's not just all I have, unlike some people.
Wow, pot kettle black.
Tell me again how I'm just suffering from Boris Derangement Syndrome Mr Cliche.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:49 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:40 am
Montegriffo wrote:

You're just Fox News.

Wow, pot kettle black.
Tell me again how I'm just suffering from Boris Derangement Syndrome Mr Cliche.
When I say you have Bojo Derangement Syndrome, I provide an argument as to why that is the case, all you do is come up with a dumb label as your only argument and provide no reason why you believe that to be the case. There is a difference, including ad hominem doesn't mean that has to be all there is to the argument, you just pretend that is the case so you don't have address the argument and can pretend it was pure ad hominem.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:56 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:36 am
Montegriffo wrote:

That article requires me to register to the NYT before I can read it.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:57 am

Got an argument against a Tory majority? Go ahead and make it, otherwise you have nothing, other than insulting me and ignoring the argument. At least when I insult you, I have an argument as to why you deserve to be insulted. Also I insult arguments far more often than I insult the posters themselves, you just insult the poster and ignore the argument.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*