UK election

Montegriffo

UK election

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 am

Labour off to a good start.
Two former Labour MPs have urged voters to back Boris Johnson to stop Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister, saying the Labour leader is “completely unfit” to be in charge of the country.

In remarks seized upon by Tory ministers, Ian Austin said he would not run again as an MP but wanted to speak out against Corbyn.

Austin, a longtime critic of the Labour leader, who left the party over claims it had failed to do enough to tackle antisemitism in its ranks, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “There’s only two people who are going to be prime minister on 13 December, Jeremy Corbyn or Boris Johnson. And I think Jeremy Corbyn is completely unfit to lead our country. Completely unfit to lead the Labour party.”

He said he was telling “decent, traditional, patriotic Labour voters that they should be voting for Boris Johnson at this election”, claiming that Corbyn had “spent his entire time in politics working with and defending all sorts of people: extremists and in some cases antisemites and terrorists”.

Austin added: “In the end, I don’t think he’s a patriot. I don’t think he loves his country. I think he always picks our country’s enemies, whether that’s the IRA, during the Troubles, or describing Hamas and Hezbollah as his friends, or parroting Putin’s propaganda when the Russians sent hitmen to murder people on the streets of Britain.

“But most shamefully of all for a party that’s got a proud record of fighting for equality and opposing racism, the Labour party’s been poisoned with anti-Jewish racism under his leadership and it is a complete and utter disgrace.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... is-johnson
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Re: UK election

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 am

Meanwhile, Nigel shows he has zero testicular fortitude and a fragile ego.
Nigel Farage has announced he will not make an eighth attempt to become an MP in December’s general election.

Farage announced on Friday at his Brexit party’s campaign launch that it was preparing to stand candidates in the vast majority of seats across Britain unless it could strike a pact with the Conservatives.

On Sunday he said that while his party intended to field up to 600 candidates, he would not be one of them.

“I have thought very hard about this: how do I serve the cause of Brexit best,” Farage told the BBC’s Andrew Marr. “Do I find a seat and try to get myself into parliament or do I serve the cause better traversing the length and breadth of the United Kingdom supporting 600 candidates, and I’ve decided the latter course is the right one.”
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:54 am

Rees-Mogg is being his usual obnoxious self.
Jacob Rees-Mogg has 'profoundly apologised' today after suggesting Grenfell Tower victims who followed firefighters' instructions to 'stay put' in their flats as the building burned had lacked 'common sense'.

Mr Rees-Mogg, 50, was asked about decision by London Fire Brigade not to evacuate the burning block for almost two hours and told LBC's Nick Ferrari: 'If you just ignore what you're told and leave you are so much safer'.

But after a storm where his analysis was branded 'crass' and 'insensitive' he said: 'I profoundly apologise. What I meant to say is that I would have also listened to the fire brigade's advice to stay in at the time'.

He added: 'However, with what we know now and with hindsight I wouldn't and don't think anyone else would. I would hate to upset the people of Grenfell if I was unclear in my comments'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sense.html

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 am

Everybody has a fragile ego, some more than others. Examine your own ego first and see how’d you do in an insult debate versus someone you claim has a fragile ego. People claim I have a fragile ego but I’ve been blocked more, shut down more threads, driven more people off the Internet than anyone I know of; least fragile ego wins.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 am
Everybody has a fragile ego, some more than others. Examine your own ego first and see how’d you do in an insult debate versus someone you claim has a fragile ego. People claim I have a fragile ego but I’ve been blocked more, shut down more threads, driven more people off the Internet than anyone I know of; least fragile ego wins.
You haven't been keeping track of SwA...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 am
Nigel Farage has announced he will not make an eighth attempt to become an MP in December’s general election.

Farage announced on Friday at his Brexit party’s campaign launch that it was preparing to stand candidates in the vast majority of seats across Britain unless it could strike a pact with the Conservatives.

On Sunday he said that while his party intended to field up to 600 candidates, he would not be one of them.

“I have thought very hard about this: how do I serve the cause of Brexit best,” Farage told the BBC’s Andrew Marr. “Do I find a seat and try to get myself into parliament or do I serve the cause better traversing the length and breadth of the United Kingdom supporting 600 candidates, and I’ve decided the latter course is the right one.”
Seriously, after 7 times, don't you think that a person would get the hint they aren't wanted? Fucking hell Monty, to do something over, and over and over again and expecting a different result is the anthesis of Insanity.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:14 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Seriously, after 7 times, don't you think that a person would get the hint they aren't wanted? Fucking hell Monty, to do something over, and over and over again and expecting a different result is the anthesis of Insanity.
Yet Nige stood 7 times.

Ps. Anthesis is the act of expansion in flowers, especially the maturing of the stamens.
Antithesis might be the word you were searching for although it means the opposite of what you think it does.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:14 am
The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Yet Nige stood 7 times.

Ps. Anthesis is the act of expansion in flowers, especially the maturing of the stamens.
Antithesis might be the word you were searching for although it means the opposite of what you think it does.
5 times too many. And thanks.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:28 am
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Yet Nige stood 7 times.

7 times too many and you're welcome.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:00 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:28 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Yet Nige stood 7 times.

7 times too many and you're welcome.
Two attempts is reasonable. Anything past that is insanity.
#NotOneRedCent