Made a mistake - got drunk

Montegriffo

Re: Made a mistake - got drunk

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:59 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:47 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:42 am
Nah, useless is sitting at home getting drunk and stoned while arguing with near-strangers on an obscure history forum.
Raising good kids, teaching yourself and your family to grow their own food, refurbishing a house, 3 jobs in as many years never giving up. Keeping not only your sanity but also your sense of humour.
That's heroic, not useless.
You can't knock Grumpy's commitment and his choices are no one's business but his own.
I don't even think fuckwit is fair and he's not actually a millennial IIRC.
So you say, I think he's a useless fucking idiot.

That he reproduced is nothing to crow about, that's not hard to do.

Doesn't even have a successful marriage by all reports.

As for his moronic fake prepping, also idiotic.

To say Grumpy is heroic is to render the term hero meaningless, that just makes you a fuckwit too.
Meh, heroics isn't all about charging machine gun nests but I'd have all 6'2" of well built Grumpy beside me in a trench before most of the broken misfits here anyway.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:04 am

BjornP wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:46 am
Some are friendly to him, Capps, some not. It's one thing to bust your friend's balls about his misery when you're alone together, another to do so out in public, and a third to do it in public where people who'd love to mock his misery will do so. First is reasonable and common, two other options are not.
There is nothing wrong with busting your buddies balls in public. You're just soft, Denmark.

You also seem to think a bunch of people other than those who have known Grumpy for years are reading this, which is odd.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:59 am

Meh, heroics isn't all about charging machine gun nests but I'd have all 6'2" of well built Grumpy beside me in a trench before most of the broken misfits here anyway.
Having a few fat kids with a wife you don't even love, and then growing some vegetables, is not heroic.

Charging machine gun nests is heroic.

As to Grumpy's military bearing or rather total lack thereof?

If Grumpy had served in my unit, I would have just told him to get lost

but meaner guys than me would have pummeled the shit out of him on a regular basis

because Grumpy is the kind of stupid asshole who shoots his mouth off idiotically.

Doesn't matter how big he is, the meanest troop I ever knew was only 5'9". Watch out for those pitbuls

He seems semi-retarded tbh. Grumpy is literally one of the stupidest persons I've ever encountered.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:12 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:05 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Having a few fat kids with a wife you don't even love, and then growing some vegetables, is not heroic.

but meaner guys than me would have pummeled the shit out of him on a regular basis

because Grumpy is the kind of stupid asshole who shoots his mouth off idiotically.

Doesn't matter how big he is, the meanest troop I ever knew was only 5'9". Watch out for those pitbuls

He seems semi-retarded tbh. Grumpy is literally one of the stupidest persons I've ever encountered.
I don't care anymore, the rugby's started.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:12 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I didn't care to start off with, just giving my honest responses to your queries.

You can be annoying from time to time, but you're not like Grumpy, so I actually like you, despite your blubbery.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:24 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:16 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I didn't care to start off with, just giving my honest responses to your queries.

You can be annoying from time to time, but you're not like Grumpy, so I actually like you, despite your blubbery.
Wasn't me who blubbed first when we were reminiscing about family holidays in the 70's.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:26 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:24 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:16 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Wasn't me who blubbed first when we were reminiscing about family holidays in the 70's.
Tears of joy. Those are the memories that shape us.

Blubbery is when you feel sorry for people who don't deserve it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:32 am

Judgemental old fart.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:33 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:32 am
Judgemental old fart.
Badge of Honor. Get Off Smitty's Lawn.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:32 am
Judgemental old fart.
I'm not that old. I can still carry my own water.

As to judgement, I embrace it. I don't judge men harshly, not a hanging judge me.

Never the less, with people like Grumpy who bring things upon themselves, I simply state the truth of it.
Nec Aspera Terrent