Made a mistake - got drunk

Smitty-48

Re: Made a mistake - got drunk

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:39 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm
When the public discourse steps it's game up, then there will naturally be less off-topic posting, when it's gone stale, that's when more entertaining shit gets brought up. It's not rocket surgery folks, your threads ain't precious, quit acting like they are.
People hear complain about everything anyways,

there's no point in trying to please, there's no quid pro quo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:39 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm
When the public discourse steps it's game up, then there will naturally be less off-topic posting, when it's gone stale, that's when more entertaining shit gets brought up. It's not rocket surgery folks, your threads ain't precious, quit acting like they are.
People hear complain about everything anyways,

there's no point in trying to please, there's no quid pro quo.
Whining is boring, who knew?
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 pm

It's going to get better by spring next year. It's going to come in real hot and heavy. But tbh, I'm actually tired of posting the same shit over and over. It doesn't get anywhere. Yeah, it's going to happen, it's going to get bad maybe. But what difference does it make to any of us? I can be the most JQ woke Nazi in the world and it won't change a damn thing. And I don't even really hold adherence to the belief that everytime we stub our toes jews are involved. Usually they are. I mean what I'm saying is none of this matters anymore. Just let it burn down. I think most of the problems we have today are our own fault. When milkineleals have to cash the check it's going to get fucking rough dude. It's basically lights out for anyone that doesn't want to be a slave in a planned economy at that point. And what can you do to stop it? Nothing. Nothing Larry.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:44 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 pm
And what can you do to stop it? Nothing. Nothing Larry.
Generation X Latchkey Kid : made peace with that a long time ago, been doing my own thing since the age of ten practically.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 pm

My parents were gen X and raised me latchkey as well. Sure as fuck didn't give me super powers.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 pm
My parents were gen X and raised me latchkey as well. Sure as fuck didn't give me super powers.
Didn't give me superpowers neither, but it did deal with any delusions I had about stopping the world.

I had free rein, so I did what I wanted to do, I didn't complain, I just did what I pleased.

Whatever, there was gonna be a nuclear war anyways, so fuck it, just enjoy what time you have.

In fact they came to the threshold of a nuclear war, two minutes twelve seconds away, in 1979

The movie War Games is based on a true story, that is what we thought our fate would be, at some point.

We were right to think that, since they came to the brink again on 26 September 1983

When we went to sleep wondering if the Birds were in the air, we weren't being paranoid.

So with no future, you just live your life without worrying about that which is beyond your control.

When I got to the army, they simply confirmed what I already knew about that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:35 am

Most of the 90s I was in the Air Force. We used to talk about this shit from time to time. Even then, we could see those little millennials riding around with safety equipment and helicopter parented to death. If a bunch of shit-talking, rowdy airmen on the avionics truck could predict what would happen all the way back when millennials were just small children, then it was probably self-evident. No need to argue the point, really. That shit knee-capped the millennial soul.

In an F-15 community I belong to, we asked some millennials serving on the flight line if they still used all the derogatory names and shit talking that was basically Air Force culture going back to Vietnam and earlier. He said he heard of some of the words, but nobody talks like that anymore because people would get upset.

Fucking hell. They killed flight line culture with this shit. It's unbelievable.

I know from another source that the hazing is banned now too.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 am

There is a video on YouTube where a guy talked about the hazing the Marines went through back in the early 2000s during the heights of Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He was saying the older guys from the 90s had it a little tougher (like branding, which would be fucking cool as shit, really, but whatever). Then in the comments you see all these millennials talking about how this all should be banned.

There are reasons for all this shit. It builds unit cohesion and even trust. Everything has to be a crusade for millennials. Why? Why can't you just appreciate something like military culture for what it was (and it worked) instead of trying to change everything?

Do you realize vets from the 90s and probably even the early 2000s have more in common with Vietnam veterans than what is going on now, culturally? If I described the hazing that happens to an airmen on his last day in the unit to a Vietnam-era Air Force veteran, he'd recognize everything. If I tell that to a millennial who is in now, it would be completely alien to him.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:37 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:46 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:37 am
LOL

"Dreams can come true, bro"