Made a mistake - got drunk

Smitty-48

Re: Made a mistake - got drunk

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:57 am
I know you have your confidant. That's why I asked you to imagine not being able to share your feelings with her.
Now imagine that you are working away at a job you don't really like, sacrificing your life to raise your kids.
I don't know if I'm a big enough man to do that alone. Are you?
I couldn't even live without my wife now. If I lost my wife I'd probably just go postal.

At my age now, the love and companionship of marriage is everything.

That she is still a cutie patootie is just gravy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:18 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:59 am
Montegriffo wrote:
I know you have your confidant. That's why I asked you to imagine not being able to share your feelings with her.
Now imagine that you are working away at a job you don't really like, sacrificing your life to raise your kids.
I couldn't even live without my wife now. If I lost my wife I'd probably just go postal.
So you can empathise?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:21 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:18 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
So you can empathise?
Not really, no.

Grumpy is just another useless Millennial fuckwit, he gets what he deserves.

It's not other peoples fault, Grumpy is his own worst enemy. Classic case of.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:37 am

..and then you got sober and made another one by posting a thread about a personal issue to a forum of people you thought were your buddies. Well, at least you haven't told anyone excatly what you said that was such a mistake - and let me encourage you not to.

And Monte, his family may be assholes, that's what could make telling them *anything* a mistake. Asshole family does exist and they can't always be trusted nor depended upon. Or he may have told them something that made him come across as an asshole.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:38 am

BjornP wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:37 am
..and then you got sober and made another one by posting a thread about a personal issue to a forum of people you thought were your buddies. Well, at least you haven't told anyone excatly what you said that was such a mistake - and let me encourage you not to.

And Monte, his family may be assholes, that's what could make telling them *anything* a mistake. Asshole family does exist and they can't always be trusted nor depended upon. Or he may have told them something that made him come across as an asshole.
Where I come from, buddies bust each others balls, rather mercilessly I might add.
/shrugs
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:42 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:21 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:18 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

So you can empathise?
Not really, no.

Grumpy is a classic useless Millennial fuckwit, he gets what he deserves.
Nah, useless is sitting at home getting drunk and stoned while arguing with near-strangers on an obscure history forum.
Raising good kids, teaching yourself and your family to grow their own food, refurbishing a house, 3 jobs in as many years never giving up. Keeping not only your sanity but also your sense of humour.
That's heroic, not useless.
You can't knock Grumpy's commitment and his choices are no one's business but his own.
I don't even think fuckwit is fair and he's not actually a millennial IIRC.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:46 am

Some are friendly to him, Capps, some not. It's one thing to bust your friend's balls about his misery when you're alone together, another to do so out in public, and a third to do it in public where people who'd love to mock his misery will do so. First is reasonable and common, two other options are not.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:42 am
Nah, useless is sitting at home getting drunk and stoned while arguing with near-strangers on an obscure history forum.
Raising good kids, teaching yourself and your family to grow their own food, refurbishing a house, 3 jobs in as many years never giving up. Keeping not only your sanity but also your sense of humour.
That's heroic, not useless.
You can't knock Grumpy's commitment and his choices are no one's business but his own.
I don't even think fuckwit is fair and he's not actually a millennial IIRC.
So you say, I think he's a useless fucking idiot.

That he reproduced is nothing to crow about, that's not hard to do.

Doesn't even have a successful marriage by all reports.

As for his moronic fake prepping, also idiotic.

To say Grumpy is heroic is to render the term hero meaningless, that just makes you a fuckwit too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:51 am

BjornP wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:37 am

They could be, you wouldn't know that from anything he's ever said though. Grumpy has a good relationship with his father based on things he's posted here.
Of course, some families are arseholes. Not really the point though.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:53 am

I doubt that his family are assholes.

Grumpy is the stupid asshole.

All he does is shoot his mouth off idiotically when he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Then doubles down and is a dickhead about it when you try to set him straight.

Quite sure he's the annoying fuckwit of the family.
Nec Aspera Terrent